Our Journey Slinkyman's Cancer Success Story With Pictures

I have been a part of dis since back in 2000 when pin trading started. And I totally agree with the fact that generousity on these boards are amazing. Bug as you clearly state the fact that we all share one common interest, all things Disney, has created an unbelievable bond that I have witnessed several times. This is only one example of the many I have seen.

I am very happy to hear that our newest community leader has fought and won his battle. Thank you for sharing your story as this is my favorite part about DisBoards. Not just VMK, not just Disney, the people that love Disney!!

Thank you so much for all that you shared on this thread... I have just met you and Bear thru Grumpy lately and have wondered what Slinkyman was going thru so it's nice to hear his amazing story.... What a strong and brave young man he is!! It brought tears to my eyes and I am so happy that he is doing so well... And what an amazing friend he has in smalld.. In today's world it's nice to see a friend that will go the extra mile and would do anything for a friend! Good luck to you all and have an amazing cruise..

What an amazing saga, thanks for sharing. I look forward to doing a recap such as yours in a few months with an oh so happy ending!

May the road rise up to meet you...

What an amazing saga, thanks for sharing. I look forward to doing a recap such as yours in a few months with an oh so happy ending!

May the road rise up to meet you...

Now you have me crying again which seems to be happening a lot lately. You are an amazing person to take the time when in the midst of your own ordeal and post here on this thread. It will be your turn very soon. The Disers are an amazing group of people and I swear you can feel their strength come to you right out of that computer screen. Our family will continue to pray for you all and will keep sending pixie dust your way. We enjoy reading your updates on that beautiful boy,

Bug

It really is great to have the whole story in one place, with the pictures to put behind the pixels. But, Bug...you look...so different!;) I'll be sure Guestiscoolio reads here as we can all appreciate what we have by reading stories of our friends' struggles. I'm glad VMK was here for you both.

Congrats Cl_slinkman
I Am Very Happy You Got Better
I Hope You Have A Magical Week

~bravehook~

Wow. What a very moving story.:hug: So happy to hear that Slinkyman is doing better. What a wonderful son you have, Bug. He has been through so much and still comes out thinking of others. Raising money to buy computers for the hospital was very noble of him. VMK picked a great Community Leader!:thumbsup2

Awwww, I'm all verklempt after this!! Hand me a tissue. Thanks. :hug:

Periodically, Bearz would give us some updates about Slink, so we were
in the loop. I'm thrilled to hear that he's beaten the cancer!

I hope that Slink will someday be able to meet Yavn in person to offer his
thanks for his enjoyment of VMK. (Just don't continue to compare him
to dead people. Yikes!) :eek:

Hugs. :hug:

And I'm really glad that when I met Bearz, she wasn't wearing that
Chicken Hat. :rotfl2: I think people around here would have given her
some might strange looks. ;)

Awwww, I'm all verklempt after this!! Hand me a tissue. Thanks. :hug:

Periodically, Bearz would give us some updates about Slink, so we were
in the loop. I'm thrilled to hear that he's beaten the cancer!

I hope that Slink will someday be able to meet Yavn in person to offer his
thanks for his enjoyment of VMK. (Just don't continue to compare him
to dead people. Yikes!) :eek:

Hugs. :hug:

And I'm really glad that when I met Bearz, she wasn't wearing that
Chicken Hat. :rotfl2: I think people around here would have given her
some might strange looks. ;)

Briar,

You sure gave me a big laugh on this reply.

First off poor Yavn he was not being compared him to dead people :rotfl: . I found it an interesting group of 3 people he admired.

Walt what can we say he did so much to better the lives of family with his movies and theme parks. He rose from a humble beginning to being one of the most talented and inspirational people ever.

Steve Irwin Ink had loved from the first time he saw him on TV. I sat endless hours watching Crocodile Hunter with him. Many thought this man was crazy but to me/us he loved what he did, taught us so much and had a genuine love for animals as does Ink. There were tears shed in this house when he passed away.

Yavn to Ink is a modern day Walt combining the 2 things Ink loves most- computers and Disney. Ink knows he is a normal person like you and I but also knows that he has an incredible imagination to come up with a game like VMK. To meet him well all I can say is that is the stuff dreams are made of I can't even imagine how Ink would react. In all honesty the out going leader you see in the game tends to be on the quiet and shy side in person. My guess he would be lost for words and be shaking.

Ok I am teary eyed again. Every time there is a new post here and I read all that you wonderful friends have to say I need the box of tissues handy.

I believe that thanking the people who I feel helped is through is part of the heeling process that I needed to do. All your kind and warm words mean the world to me.

:grouphug: :grouphug: To all my Dis/VMK friends and all who make it happen.

Bug

PS That hat rocks it just goes with her personality and after a while we did not notice it any more. Bears has a zest for life that I wish would rub off on me. Who cares what others think, have fun, live life and be a kid again when you pass those gets that lead to the most magical place on earth:love:

thank you for sharing your story and it will be an HONOR to cruise with you all :teeth:

I love your story..I am so so happy your son is better! PS where does one purchase a chicken hat :rolleyes1

I am sitting here in tears reading your wonderful story! You have raised a wonderful boy who is fast becoming a man! Congrats on beating the cancer slink - always remember - you can do anything!

Hi,

I want you all to know that your good karma has been passed on. Slink learned a lot from the generosity of all of you. With that said while he was in the hospital everyone wanted to now what they could get him. What do you get a boy that age? He had what he needed his VMK. While there at the hospital we noticed that there were 23 rooms in the children’s wing and only 3 laptops that had to be shared by all. Slinkyman saw a need. He wanted to tell people to donate money towards a new computer for the kids. So our computer fundraiser campaign began. We went to the bank opened a special account and started the drive. Our goal was to raise the funds to buy 1 laptop to donate. Once again the generosity of people amazed me. I am happy to report that we were able to raise enough funds to purchase 3 Brand New Laptops and provide a check for set up fees. These were donated to the Children’s wing of the Hospital in Slinkyman’s name. A wonderful life lesson for him to be taught. See photo.

Bug
The end:)

laptopdon.jpg

Hosp. Rep Bug Slinkyman Ink's Dad Smalld and Smalld's Mom
Congrats on your son's recovery ( getting better )! He must be a very brave child!:thumbsup2

Congrads Slinkyman and Bug:cheer2: :banana::jumping1: ! It's nice to know that you're not the only one going thru chemo:grouphug: . I hope I have a good recovery like you. By the way, I'm still trying to figure out my wish..:rolleyes1 :rotfl: It's great to have Vmk and the Dis sending you pixiedust: !! - vanillasoftserve/ dlandchick on vmk :)

Wow! Slink really looks great. My mom (MomsGoneGoofy) has sent you hats and showed me your threads you put up before. And he looks absolutely amazing. I'm so happy to see that he's doing great. :thumbsup2

Have a great time on your Cruise! :cool1:

Slink and Bug you dont know how much you have inspired so many of us! You guys are wonderful people! You guys rock :) I am so glad that your prayers were answered!

Hi Everyone,

You all are so amazing! Your kinds words are very comforting. This post has greatly helped in my healing process- letting those that helped know what it meant to us. Seems I can hardly keep a dry eye lately- been told by some it is because I held it in for so long to be strong for ink. Let my guard down a little and I seem to have turned into a water factory. :sad1:

On that note I opened a "whole new can of worms" last night. We took the boys to go see Disney on Ice 100 years of magic last night. Amazing show. They did scenes form movies and park. The end of the stage was a big castle. When they did the scene of the blue fairy and played When you wish upon a star well le't just say the tears came again. Ink looked at me said "mom if you can't get through an ice show how will you get through the cruise" good question.

The ending scene changed something in us. The castle turned into it's a Smallword. It looked just like the front if the ride. The actors came out as the dolls the song played. We all looked at each. Ink said to me "how can we go to Florida and not go to Magic Kingdom". He is wise beyond his years. This has been nagging us ever since Yavn released the Epcot room. We want to see the parks! So we hatched a plan. I am going to see if Make a wish can change our flights to a few days earlier. The flights are there and the price is no different. That would give us 2 1/2 days of park time and Ink and Smalld could go to their 2 favorite parks- Magic Kingdom and Epcot. I could hardly sleep last night over the excitement. So today I make the calls and hope to make more magic for Ink.

I am including the most recent picture of the boys taken last night before the ice show started.

All the pieces of the puzzle are falling into place for Slinks trip of a lifetime. Just one more piece is missing. Hmmm wonder if a certain somebody has time for a quick trip to WDW to meet his biggest fan, can always dream- after all as they say with Disney anything can happen and it is what dreams are made of;)

Thanks all,

Bug

boys.jpg

Well has anyone thought that if Yavn can not come he could call, or send a video DVD message to him. How about a web cam call. One think I have watched is how much he does care for kids who struggle. I I have never met him in VMK but that is what I see from posts and kids on VMK. Takes a little extra time with them. So here's a little more pixie dust that some contact can be made. So here is hoping for meeting Yavn in person or at least a special web cam call. Faith Trust and pixie dust now activated!!!!!!!!!!:wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter