• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Palo Brunch Chicken Parm?

Debonna

Mouseketeer
Is it really as good as all the vloggers say? LOL

We had planned to sail in May 2020 back when Palo brunch had buffet offerings. Of course, that didn't come to fruition, so now, we're getting ready to sail on a 3 night on the Dream next spring. Being this is our first cruise, only one day at sea, our chances are slim we'll even get a booking. (Yes, we will try when we board.) Honestly, I'm not as intrigued by it since it's no longer buffet. But I really, really want to try that chicken parmesan. I've watched several videos where the vloggers just rave about it. If you've had it, what did you think? Is it worth the effort of trying to get a booking? I'm sure all the food there is delicious, but I'm wondering specifically about this dish. Thanks!

I don’t know that I would book Palo brunch just for the chicken parm, although I do think it’s delicious. The food is all great! I’m personally of the opinion that I’m not sure I would spend the time on such a short sailing - it’s a lengthy meal, and you likely won’t be very hungry for dinner (even hours later!). But is it worth the hype? Yeah, it’s really good.

I think it is good. And this is coming from someone who doesn't like chicken parm. However, on a 3-day cruise I would probably pass on brunch

We’ve never been fans of it, but last time we were on the Wish our server convinced us to order it, and it was really good. Probably more chef dependent than anything else (wish I had found out who the chef was), as we always get the lasagna (our favorite), and it definitely varies depending on the chef.

Reactions: NAB

In July on the Fantasy, it was the best chicken parm I've ever had.

As for whether it's worth it...that's your personal decision. What else would you do at that time, presuming that it's on Nassau day.

In July on the Fantasy, it was the best chicken parm I've ever had.

As for whether it's worth it...that's your personal decision. What else would you do at that time, presuming that it's on Nassau day.
No Nassau on our sailing. CC and a day at sea.

It’s fantastic. I get it every single time and have never been disappointed. Palo brunch is worth every penny even without the buffet. I’ve done it 3 times on 3 different ships since the restart after covid and haven’t missed having the buffet at all.

Is it really as good as all the vloggers say? LOL

We had planned to sail in May 2020 back when Palo brunch had buffet offerings. Of course, that didn't come to fruition, so now, we're getting ready to sail on a 3 night on the Dream next spring. Being this is our first cruise, only one day at sea, our chances are slim we'll even get a booking. (Yes, we will try when we board.) Honestly, I'm not as intrigued by it since it's no longer buffet. But I really, really want to try that chicken parmesan. I've watched several videos where the vloggers just rave about it. If you've had it, what did you think? Is it worth the effort of trying to get a booking? I'm sure all the food there is delicious, but I'm wondering specifically about this dish. Thanks!
I love it.

brunch chicken parmesean wonder 2011 1500.jpg

No, I don’t think it is. It’s chicken parm. That’s it. Nothing amazing to us. I’ve customized my order for extra red sauce and hold the risotto and it was better, but I don’t get the hype. If you’re there anyway, definitely try it, but I wouldn't seek it out personally. We haven’t gone back since the end of the brunch buffet. I just don’t see the need for $90 plus tip (for 2 people) for chicken parm and a big Mickey waffle (realistically all I can eat plus some nibblings) :confused3

I’m a chicken parm lover, it’s my #1 dish at Italian restaurants. It was really very very good, not the absolute best I’ve ever had but it was pretty close and a 10 out of 10 for chicken parmesan. The Mickey waffle was shockingly delicious, don’t skip that!

I think the chicken is incredibly overrated.
The saltimbocca is much better. When I ate it, my smile was so big, the lady at the table next to me (who just got seated) asked what in the world I was eating and she was like "I want whatever she's having" :P

I loved doing brunch. It was so good, I booked a second brunch while on board.
That said... a brunch or dinner at Palo is not necessary to make a first cruise a success. For a first cruise I would just go and do whatever is offered. Without paying extras.

Vloggers are usually experienced cruisers who have done everything a million times and skip things. Don't make a list of everything they do, but go in, go with the flow and find out what makes your cruise perfect.

Last edited:
I think the chicken is incredibly overrated.
The saltimbocca is much better. When I ate it, my smile was so big, the lady at the table next to me (who just got seated) asked what in the world I was eating and that she wanted one too! :P
I agree about the saltimbocca. :)

Like everyone all I saw before my first cruise was everyone raving about the Palo Chicken Parmesan so of course I had to order it , and pretty much had the same thought, urm ok, is that it.

So for me its a one and done.

I personally did not think it was that amazing, but I would still try the brunch anyway (even speaking as someone who will miss the old buffet for the rest of my life lol). I love the smoked salmon Benedict more than anything else I’ve tried there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter