Paper maps at UO?

Tom_E_D

DIS Veteran
Are paper maps of the parks still available to pick up when you enter the Universal Orlando parks? When I went to Universal Studios Hollywood earlier this year, I was surprised to discover they didn't have paper maps available. We were told to download the Universal Studios Hollywood app to our phones and look at the map there. That wasn't convenient. I'm wondering whether to expect the same at the Orlando parks or if they do things differently. Please let me know what your recent experiences are.

There were paper maps in October. They weren't different from the ones we got earlier in the year. I day in June, I didn't see any at one of the parks, but was late in the day, but they had them the other days we went.
I try to get one or two each trip to keep them as souvenirs, but I rarely use in park anymore. Need to put a date on them though, since they all look the same, ha! I do have most of the older ones from trips, still have one from our trip in 2001.
App is not perfect, mobile order usually works, but sucked in Oct, but we use the app now for everything we can.

Last edited:

I asked too soon. I just saw a blogpost saying UO is doing away with paper maps on January 1. I'm visiting later in January. UGH!

I hate the map in their app. You just see a bunch of symbols indicating if it is an attraction, etc., then have to tap on each one to find out what attraction it is. That isn't convenient at all.

I'm ok with it, not a huge fan of the app map however so much trash around the parts are people dumping or losing there maps everywhere but the trash bin.

Paper maps are gone...at least I'm not seeing them the last couple days.

I wish the app would show wait times on map view without having to tap on the ride.

And I'm continually filtering to one park because it always switches back to all parks/entire resort.

Paper maps are gone...at least I'm not seeing them the last couple days.

I wish the app would show wait times on map view without having to tap on the ride.

And I'm continually filtering to one park because it always switches back to all parks/entire resort.
unless I'm misunderstanding, if you pick a park then click in the top right corner(3 lines)it switches between map view and ride view where is shows you the entire list of rides for the park along with wait times

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter