Parking Fees at DVC Resorts

Possibly, but Disney has no way of knowing who booked through a broker, They also don’t know it’s a rental unless the owner tells DVC that it is,

I think the wording does make it seem like they will, but as shared, based on the POS, it doesn’t seem like they can charge the renter only cash paying guests.
Ahhhhh, interesting then. Well they may not be able to legally charge the renter, but I don't think that will mean they might not try. Could Disney not ask for Member ID at check in and determine it that way? As to if the actual member was staying or not or is it a friend, a distant family member or a paying tenant or such? If they were legally able to charge every stay for parking that is not covered by the actual member(s) on the contract staying they could really bring in much needed revenue.

We are DVC members but have paid cash to stay at non-DVC resorts a few times. Disney has yet to charge us a parking fee.

I just thought I remember our POS for OKW saying that when DVC member rent their points, the renter is not considered a guest, but a renter.

I just thought I remember our POS for OKW saying that when DVC member rent their points, the renter is not considered a guest, but a renter.
I think that’s in relationship to DVC perks such as discounts. If the resort reservation is paid via points, the MFs for those points pay for parking - but not for owners’ perks.

If you are staying at a DVC villa at one resort on points is parking free at other resorts too?

If you are staying at a DVC villa at one resort on points is parking free at other resorts too?

Kinda depends. You are not permitted to park at other resorts to access theme parks, or to leave your car there. Parking at resort for a dining reservation is generally free, if they have space. Certain resorts are quite strict and have to be, as people try to abuse parking.

The primary purpose of the parking is for those people using the resort, either as lodging guests or to dine.

There is no fee for anyone to park at a WDW resort for a day visit to that resort (to dine or shop, etc.). The fees are for overnight parking.

Would it matter if the DVC owner is a blue card holder or purchased on secondary ? Just curious ?

Scott

So when Disney charges non-DVC cash guest for parking, where does that money go? Does it go to help offset the dues paid by members? Or does it go into Disney's pocket?

Would it matter if the DVC owner is a blue card holder or purchased on secondary ? Just curious ?

Scott

No because parking is part of dues. Anything covered that way can not be different for any owner

So when Disney charges non-DVC cash guest for parking, where does that money go? Does it go to help offset the dues paid by members? Or does it go into Disney's pocket?

I believe the revenue is part of the budget. How much? Don’t know.

I believe the revenue is part of the budget. How much? Don’t know.
Well if it all went towards the dues there would be nothing in it for Disney, right? If they ever figure out a way to jump through a loop and charge renters they will do so. (as long as there is something in it for themselves of course)

Well if it all went towards the dues there would be nothing in it for Disney, right? If they ever figure out a way to jump through a loop and charge renters they will do so. (as long as there is something in it for themselves of course)

They do get it from all the cash resorts and may get a percentage from DVC.

I think there is no real way to charge a renter staying on points because in essence, it’s still a DVC boomed room.

do i have to get special permission for my son to park his RAM3500 since it doesn’t fit in traditional Car space?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter