Parks with the under 40" crowd...

jaybird

Earning My Ears
Hi!

We are in the process of planning our second trip to Orlando this year! In Feb, we stayed at AKL and did just Disney. This time we are planning on October for 6 nights at the Marriott Grande Vista (timeshare presentation - we are actually interested!). Our Aunt and Uncle are coming with us (me, DH, ds 6, dd 4 and dd 2) and staying in the 2 bedroom villa. They want to do Universal/IOA as well as Disney. Since we have another trip with friends planned for June 2003 (CBR 4 nights/AKL 4 nights), we will get APs for Disney. Our AAA is offering 3 day Universal/IOA passes for the price of a 2 day ($90).

What is there to do there for the kids... especially under 40". My dd is 38" as of today!! Short 3 year old! Anyways... my other dd is 33". My son is 47.5". What will these short people be able to ride? Will it be worth it for them, or should I stay back at Disney with them and send my DH, Aunt and Uncle to Universal/IOA?

Thanks for any input... I know everything about Disneyworld from my last trip (8 months in planning), but nothing about these parks!

Is Express Pass like Fast Pass? Does it work the same?

Thanks... Any input on Grande Vista would be appreciated also!

Karen :bounce:

Karen:

there's plenty to do with shorter folks at both parks.

I went last month with 18 mo old and 3 1/2 year old. We had a blast.

At IOA:

Seuss Landing. Enough said. Ride the Cat in the Hat, One Fish Two Fish, Carousseusel (SP), play in the If I Ran the Zoo area. Find Horton's egg. Listen to the tree story.

See like the dinosaurs in JP area. Watch the boat drop (we watched it probably 20 times).

At USF:

Curious George area / little covered play area to the left - the boxes around the outside make different animal noises. We always spend 1/2 hour or more here. Shoot/gather balls in the building - just DON"T GET WET on the way in. My 18 month old loved gathering balls. Go to the Barney show.

Go to the Hanna Barbara show. The front row doesn't move - perfect for little guys. Ride ET / Ride Kongfrontation. Go see the giant shark (JAWS).

Both: I made the trip more fun for my bigger guy (3 1/2) by bringing quarters and pennies for the "penny smash" machines. We did the smash for each ride we went on. I also brought lots of pennies to throw in the various fountains that are around the parks.

Also make sure to read Barry's post at top of message list.

And for more info, you can read my trip report in the trip report section OR email me if you want.

Have fun...

Elaine

ET is one of my DD's favorite rides. I'm not certain of the height restrictiosn but each park has a kiddie coaster. Last yr DD was aboit 35 inches and rode the Flying Unicorn but the Woody Woodpecker one look scary to her. Thsi yr she rode both. She loves all the Seuss Landing rides. She even likes Kong (rode both trips)but hated Jaws(refused to ride it this yr).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter