ParkSavers...My Experience

I'd like to purchase these tickets for a future trip (probably 2019 since I already have tickets for my next 2 trips), so even though it states "Tickets are valid now through Dec. 31st, 2018" and they have you select a use date before 2016, you're saying that won't actually expire until used?

I'd like to purchase these tickets for a future trip (probably 2019 since I already have tickets for my next 2 trips), so even though it states "Tickets are valid now through Dec. 31st, 2018" and they have you select a use date before 2016, you're saying that won't actually expire until used?
The first post of this thread has the email from Parksavers that explains the "date" concerns.

Correct, if the CM is knowledgeable.

@ravenclawtrekkie has posted in many threads that bridging no longer occurs and a guest does not have to use the ticket prior to upgrading.

How exactly can I upgrade the parksaver ticket to AP without using at least 1 day? My tickets are already linked to MDE account, I don't know how I can upgrade to AP before I travel to WDW? Also if you upgrade it AP, is the date of the upgrade become the 1st day of AP? (so my trip is at the end of Oct, but if I upgrade now, my AP will start now instead of the 1st day of entry to the park?)

How exactly can I upgrade the parksaver ticket to AP without using at least 1 day? My tickets are already linked to MDE account, I don't know how I can upgrade to AP before I travel to WDW? Also if you upgrade it AP, is the date of the upgrade become the 1st day of AP? (so my trip is at the end of Oct, but if I upgrade now, my AP will start now instead of the 1st day of entry to the park?)
You can't upgrade now. You must be at WDW to upgrade at Guest Relations. You don't have to enter a park to do an upgrade but you must upgrade when you are physically at WDW.

I have an AP the expires Sept. 2nd. I'll be at DW Aug. 19 - 27. I booked a package for Dec. 10-14 with free dining and got a 4 day park hopper ticket for it. Since the tickets were bought as part of the package, I can't use those tickets until my December trip. I was planning to let my AP lapse and get a new AP in December applying those 4 day park tickets to the price & paying the difference as I plan to go 1-2 times next summer (live in Maine). Now seeing the sale Parksavers is having $394.46 for a 7 day park hopper ticket, would it be best to buy that, apply that to renewing my AP now and then when I go in December make sure to have customer service prioritize my tickets so that I can use that 4 day park hopper ticket to renewing my AP next summer? If I did the math right, that the correct way to do this? Or would you do it differently? Thanks for all of your help!

when I go in December make sure to have customer service prioritize my tickets
Yes, save the packaged tickets for your renewal next summer.

You actually can reassign the tickets yourself to a Ticket Saver placeholder person in your MDE after they are activated on your check-in day. They'll be safe there and you won't have to prioritize at Guest Relations and then hope they don't get used in error.

Yes, save the packaged tickets for your renewal next summer.

You actually can reassign the tickets yourself to a Ticket Saver placeholder person in your MDE. They'll be safe there and you won't have to prioritize at Guest Relations and then hope they don't get used in error.

Since they are part of a future package trip that's not paid off yet, I can't reassign them in MDE. They are locked to me. Maybe once my trip is paid in full they become active? But in any event....I think I end up saving the most if I buy the parksaver tickets now and apply them to my renewal of my AP before Sept.

Since they are part of a future package trip that's not paid off yet, I can't reassign them in MDE. They are locked to me. Maybe once my trip is paid in full they become active? But in any event....I think I end up saving the most if I buy the parksaver tickets now and apply them to my renewal of my AP before Sept.
They become active on your check-in date. You can move them at that time.

Or, you can have them removed from your MDE and placed on a plastic ticket for future use. Some like them linked to the Ticket Saver people because they use the tickets to generate FPs for usage during trips.

Just so I'm clear...

To avoid the ticket expiration date from ParkSavers, one needs to link the ticket to an MDE account, but not necessarily a MagicBand?

I'm hoping this is the case since we won't receive our MagicBands until September 2017.

Price bridging is jargon. Could someone please explain what it means?
It means that when at the ticket booth, you are given the full value of a 7-day ticket even if you purchased it at a great savings via Parksavers.

The full value price is then used to determine your cost for whichever upgrade you are choosing.

Does anyone have any solid information about how long this Parksavers discount may be offered? I thought I had seen on one of these threads that someone had called them to ask, but I can't find it now. Thanks.

Does anyone have any solid information about how long this Parksavers discount may be offered? I thought I had seen on one of these threads that someone had called them to ask, but I can't find it now. Thanks.
Another thread was based on the fact that the OP had missed out on the "get 3 free" deal and then this thread began last week and it confirmed the deal was back.

I don't recall seeing anything about a timeframe where these discounted tickets will be available. I've been reading almost everything that pops up to merge whenever possible.

I would purchase the tickets now if you can swing it. There had been some comments on the TP site that alluded to the fact that other ticket discounters are not happy because they can't compete with these Expedia-based ticket prices.

It doesn't matter if you use a day, you won't be losing any value. Your AP will be valid from the first day of use of the ticket you bridge.

Why does park saver ask for a name of person redeeming and date of use, if they really don't need it? I would have used their service, if it wasn't for that. I know it says it really doesn't matter, but I was around when magic bands first came out and read all the nightmare stories of people's tickets not linking, so putting a name and date on their site made me too nervous that we would have an issue. I just paid the higher price to Undercover Tourist. I know I am paranoid. What can I say??

There was no way you could have had an issue unless the tickets were fraudulent. You can assign ticket media to anyone you want to in MDE. Park Savers can't do that for you. The first post shows the text of the confirmation email you get when you purchase through Park Savers. Providing a date helps Park Savers make sure they can get you your FastPass+ confirmation number in time before your trip, so you can add the tickets to MDE and start making FP+ reservations. The process takes a day for Park Saver's computers to provide info to Disney's, and another day for Disney to provide the confirmation numbers to Park Savers. Providing a name is a security measure for redemption purposes as well. If you want/need your FP+ confirmation number faster, as OP wrote you can call guest services the next day and the number will be ready--but Disney won't give it to you before confirming the name you gave to Park Savers.

I did exactly what OP did this week. I purchased two 3-days-free 7-day park hoppers yesterday, gave my name and our arrival date as a redemption date, called guest services this morning and got my FP+ confirmation numbers, entered the confirmation numbers into MDE, and assigned each ticket to whoever I wanted to (in this case, to me and my partner.) I also used the DisneyTouristBlog discount code. There was no problem at all, and it was much cheaper than UT.

You might have seen my post on a different ParkSavers thread. I e-mailed ParkSavers toward the end of July. If the lady correctly understood what I was asking (I was asking specifically about the buy 4 days/get 3 free ticket), she said the sale had just been extended and they would be able to offer it through the end of December, but that sales are sometimes subject to ending early. So I'd say there's a pretty good chance that it'll be available for awhile to come, but not necessarily a guarantee.

Just so I'm clear...

To avoid the ticket expiration date from ParkSavers, one needs to link the ticket to an MDE account, but not necessarily a MagicBand?

I'm hoping this is the case since we won't receive our MagicBands until September 2017.
The tickets link to your MDE acct. Magic bands don't actually get anything "linked" to them. They are just used as a way to access anything (tix, FP, etc) that's on your MDE acct.

Quick question:
I am looking into buying the 4+3 free 7 day park hopper for our trip in january 2017. This trip will be a split stay between 5 nights renting DVC and 2 nights room only directly through Disney. Will we have any problems redeeming the tickets with a split stay? I've only ever added tickets into a "package" this is new territory for me. TIA!

Quick question:
I am looking into buying the 4+3 free 7 day park hopper for our trip in january 2017. This trip will be a split stay between 5 nights renting DVC and 2 nights room only directly through Disney. Will we have any problems redeeming the tickets with a split stay? I've only ever added tickets into a "package" this is new territory for me. TIA!

You shouldn't have any problem. Adding tickets manually to your MDE account has nothing to do with your accommodation reservations. You don't have to use the days of your ticket on the same days as your resort stay. The only thing MDE looks for is to make sure you have ticket media linked to your account for making FP+ reservations, and if you've already entered a park with the ticket media, that you're still within the 14-day window of validity from first use.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter