PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

Thanks mom, it worked just like you said. When I tried to use my app it said I couldn't redeem points, only earn them so I had to put the order aside, go out to the car and phone PC to see what the problem was. I was 20th in line before someone told me to cancel the account on the app and download the new app. Then she said try the Mastercard and use that points account number (I didn't know they were different). Went back in, skipped the line (like the manager told me) and the cash wouldn't take the new number. Had to delete that receipt, re-scan all my items and use Mastercard and then it worked. I apologised profusely to the people lined up (at least 6 that I could see) and they were very good about it. Now I know why I send my wife to do any shopping, lol. Alls well that ends well.

Thanks mom, it worked just like you said. When I tried to use my app it said I couldn't redeem points, only earn them so I had to put the order aside, go out to the car and phone PC to see what the problem was. I was 20th in line before someone told me to cancel the account on the app and download the new app. Then she said try the Mastercard and use that points account number (I didn't know they were different). Went back in, skipped the line (like the manager told me) and the cash wouldn't take the new number. Had to delete that receipt, re-scan all my items and use Mastercard and then it worked. I apologised profusely to the people lined up (at least 6 that I could see) and they were very good about it. Now I know why I send my wife to do any shopping, lol. Alls well that ends well.
I'm glad you got that sorted. I had the "you can only collect, not redeem" happen to me. It turned out that I had locked the card. So I made sure that I unlocked the card prior to my last (redemption) visit to Shoppers.

I'm glad you got that sorted. I had the "you can only collect, not redeem" happen to me. It turned out that I had locked the card. So I made sure that I unlocked the card prior to my last (redemption) visit to Shoppers.
I've done this too although I've found it unlocks pretty quickly. When I was in line earlier this week I remembered i needed to unlock my points. At the time the cashier had just started to check through my approx 30 items. By the time I scanned for points and went to pay it was allowing me to redeem points.

In my email this morning I had an message from PC Optimum with a verification code that I supposedly requested. Right away, I went in and locked my points to earn only. I knew something was fishy. I changed my password too, just in case my account was trying to get hacked.

Anyone else have this happen to them?

not my points part of the account but the prescription part has locked me out because it wants an answer to a security question. I thought nothing of it since I was trying to sign in on my new phone but it didn't take the answer. Fine, tried on my old phone and it wouldn't load. Next up computer- nope still sitting at answer this question - which i can't because there isn't an answer to the question since it doesn't apply to me! Only option is to call, haven't tried yet but I did change my password everywhere.

I've never redeemed points at Shoppers before. They have a bonus points deal this weekend so I want to take advantage of that. I get $65 value if i use 50,000 points. So, my question is, do I have to spend over $65, then use my PC mastercard to pay with points and they will only take 50,000 of my points? Confused because I thought they might take the 50,000 points and give me my bonus in the form of 15,000 points.
Thanks,
Tony
And just to throw another wrinkle at you...we went this weekend to redeem 50 get 65. But my total went to just over 75. So that triggered a get 25k reward. So had to choose get the 25..or spend 50 and get 15 extra. Pick get the 25. Extra 10 in the pocket to use some other time.

And just to throw another wrinkle at you...we went this weekend to redeem 50 get 65. But my total went to just over 75. So that triggered a get 25k reward. So had to choose get the 25..or spend 50 and get 15 extra. Pick get the 25. Extra 10 in the pocket to use some other time.

Yup...I ran into the same problem. I was going to use points to purchase an X-Box controller and the last few stocking stuffers. I ended up doing 2 separate transactions so that I could redeem this weekend. I figured it was a good way to use my points this weekend.

Haven't read through everything, so sorry if this has been mentioned. I was in Shoppers today and, while waiting in the line that snaked through the cosmetics for the post office, I noticed that No 7 has a points bonus. Not sure if this has been all week or how long it will last.

If you like their products, today might be the day to restock. Looks like buy 2 (any 2?) and get 12000 points.

Haven't read through everything, so sorry if this has been mentioned. I was in Shoppers today and, while waiting in the line that snaked through the cosmetics for the post office, I noticed that No 7 has a points bonus. Not sure if this has been all week or how long it will last.

View attachment 544069

If you like their products, today might be the day to restock. Looks like buy 2 (any 2?) and get 12000 points.
No. 7 is my go to when I can't get Philosophy. Much cheaper and just about as good. I'll have to look into this, thanks.

Yes, my account has been hacked twice and they stole points that way. Good thing you acted quickly!

In my email this morning I had an message from PC Optimum with a verification code that I supposedly requested. Right away, I went in and locked my points to earn only. I knew something was fishy. I changed my password too, just in case my account was trying to get hacked.

Anyone else have this happen to them?

Question re paying for gift cards at Shoppers.
Can I pick up a couple of Gift Cards and pay using my accumulated PC points?

Thanks
Hugs
Mel

Question re paying for gift cards at Shoppers.
Can I pick up a couple of Gift Cards and pay using my accumulated PC points?

Thanks
Hugs
Mel
It works the same as other locations. You can but only if you also purchase other items (grocery, cosmetics, gifts, etc) for the value of the gift cards you want to purchase.

You cannot make a purchase of gift cards using points only.

E.g. If you want to purchase a $50 gift card you also need to purchase $50 worth of other items in the same transaction. You will pay $50 plus use 50,000 points.

Technically PC Optimum points cannot be used to purchase gift cards but this is a way to get around the system depending on how you budget your finances behind the scenes.

It works the same as other locations. You can but only if you also purchase other items (grocery, cosmetics, gifts, etc) for the value of the gift cards you want to purchase.

You cannot make a purchase of gift cards using points only.

E.g. If you want to purchase a $50 gift card you also need to purchase $50 worth of other items in the same transaction. You will pay $50 plus use 50,000 points.

Technically PC Optimum points cannot be used to purchase gift cards but this is a way to get around the system depending on how you budget your finances behind the scenes.

Thanks Hon
Hugs
Mel

sharing this offer because it might be helpful for others too: a 3-month trial PC optimum insiders account, if you sign up before the new year and use the promo code BOXING2020.

you do have to add a credit card number...i’m going to set a reminder in my calendar for 2 weeks before the trial ends when i can decide if i’ll save $$ with an annual subscription.

i signed up because i think it’s a good idea to go back to grocery pick ups and minimal exposure again for a bit here...3 months of free pickups will help!

Attachments

• 42EF1F12-F392-48E6-A8BC-A6CEBA6907A3.png
    42EF1F12-F392-48E6-A8BC-A6CEBA6907A3.png
    140.2 KB · Views: 5
sharing this offer because it might be helpful for others too: a 3-month trial PC optimum insiders account, if you sign up before the new year and use the promo code BOXING2020.

you do have to add a credit card number...i’m going to set a reminder in my calendar for 2 weeks before the trial ends when i can decide if i’ll save $$ with an annual subscription.

i signed up because i think it’s a good idea to go back to grocery pick ups and minimal exposure again for a bit here...3 months of free pickups will help!
I just looked at the last month's PC Express points. Aside from the free pickups (savings $9), I've earned about 12 000 PC points strictly from the PC Express. I'm considering that a win :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter