PeepsII-The Hot, Sweaty Asian Strikes Back. Feb 2010. 12/2-Part 2 has begun.

YAY! A New Jordan TR!!!!!! :woohoo::woohoo:

I'm really hoping to get a trip together in 2010...maybe we'll be there at the same time again!

YAY! A New Jordan TR!!!!!! :woohoo::woohoo:

I'm really hoping to get a trip together in 2010...maybe we'll be there at the same time again!

Kat! :banana::banana::banana:

I like my chances of seeing you in Feb....not too hot...not too crowded....away from the freezing weather back in NYC........am I winning you over yet?

I am anxious to see how a pro writes a PTR... I will be here waiting... popcorn::

Oregon brutha!!!! I lived in Beaverton for 2 years. I miss Oregon.... Welcome to the madness.

I would by no means call myself a pro.

You'll learn a ton by writing yours. If you want some further tips, let me know and I'll PM you with some insights.

I bow down to your greatness!!:worship::worship::worship:

Those pictures just had me laughing so loud I woke up one of the kids:rotfl2:

Knowing that you're doing another report is like finding the prize in the cereal box.......I guess they don't even have those anymore....so, it's like.....ok, honestly I just had a brain fart and have no idea where I was going with that.

Anywhoo....I'm so glad you're doing one.:banana::banana::banana:

I also have an affinity for the Target aisle treasure of travel sized goodness. My only problem is I don't have one here, so when I'm visiting my family I stock up.....they just look at me and shake their heads. I swear I'm one visit away from and intervention.

5/31-Chapter 1 Cast of Characters.

I have traveled to WDW with a variety of different groups, but mostly I've traveled with my cousin, Wendy. She also happens to be one of my closest friends. We're more like brother and sister than cousins. In 1991, she was heading to WDW for her college graduation. However, her roommate had to cancel and Wendy was going to cancel as well. I said out of the blue at a family event, "I'll go." The rest is history.

We've gone to WDW together several times and I'll list them here below by some sort of title...(let's see if they match the titles I gave them in my last PTR)

1991-Offsite @ Summerfield Suites. "The First Time."
1992-Offsite @ Summerfield Suites with Wendy and her then BF, Bret. I call this year, "The Wendy, please dump your boyfriend year."
1994-CBR with Wendy and her new BF, Derek (her now DH). I call this year, "The Inappropriate PDA Year."
1996-CBR with Wendy, Derek and my friend Polly. I call this the "I'll never travel with her again year."
1997-BWV with Wendy and Derek. I call this "The food year." I gained over 10lbs in a week. I ate waaay too much...
1999-BWV with Wendy, Derek, Derek's Aunt and Uncle, Wendy's friend, Kim, and family friends of Wendy and Derek. I call this "The I'll never spend an hour and a half looking for a stupid pretzel again year."
2000-CBR-no wendy, with a co-worker and my parents. I call this "The I froze my behind off in Florida....seriously year"
2001-YC-Wendy and Derek. I call this "The year Wendy gave me the silent treatment year"
2002-VWL with Wendy and Derek. I call this "The Last Year without kids year"
2003-BWV-Wendy, Derek, Erin, Wendy's parents, Derek's parents, Derek's aunt and uncle, Derek's friends-Josh and JoJo. I call this year "The Derek reads me the riot act year"
2005/Feb-BCV with my friends Jean, Leo and Donna. I call this "The battle of traveling styles year."
2005/Dec-BCV with Wendy, Derek, Erin, Dylan, Wendy's parents, Derek's parents. I call this "The I'm a bad babysitter year"
2007-Pop with my friends, Jeff, June and Marian and 2 other families. I call this the "The let's forget that my SIL just passed away year."
2008-Pop/BCV-Wendy and her family and Kim. I call this the "Peeps, Restrooms and Drunks year"

Our next trip is Feb 7-14th. My cousins will probably stay in a DVC resort as they own. I will stay on my own.....haven't decided on a resort yet.

Here's the current list of people going:

Me, again, 47, single, hockey fan, WDW lover and crazy:
wdwfeb2008588.jpg

Wendy, my cousin and her DH, Derek:
IMG_0519.jpg

Erin, their oldest, 7 in August:
IMG_0402.jpg

Dylan, the middle child, 4 in July:
IMG_0395.jpg

Ashlyn, the youngest, 1 in August:
DSC_0118.jpg

Okay now here's where it gets tricky...Wendy and Derek's friends MIGHT come. They have 4, yes 4 kids--all under the age of 7!!!!

It will be interesting to travel around with 7 kids all under 7......

I might be spending ALOT of time by myself...I'm just saying there's a reason I'm single....I LOVE kids..but..........

Click here for next installment

I bow down to your greatness!!:worship::worship::worship:

Those pictures just had me laughing so loud I woke up one of the kids:rotfl2:

Knowing that you're doing another report is like finding the prize in the cereal box.......I guess they don't even have those anymore....so, it's like.....ok, honestly I just had a brain fart and have no idea where I was going with that.

Anywhoo....I'm so glad you're doing one.:banana::banana::banana:

I also have an affinity for the Target aisle treasure of travel sized goodness. My only problem is I don't have one here, so when I'm visiting my family I stock up.....they just look at me and shake their heads. I swear I'm one visit away from and intervention.

I'm glad I could brighten your day.

I'll be interested to see how long you can keep from being carted off. I mean you had your family do a tongue pic...:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Cherie did you see Oregondaddy? Another Westcoaster!!!!!

, "The Wendy, please dump your boyfriend year."
1994-CBR with Wendy and her new BF, Derek (her now DH). I call this year, "The Inappropriate PDA Year."
1996-CBR with Wendy, Derek and my friend Polly. I call this the "I'll never travel with her again year."

I might be spending ALOT of time by myself...I'm just saying there's a reason I'm single....I LOVE kids..but..........

those titles cracked me up......I'd love to hear the story behind them!

As for traveling with 7 kids all under 7? You might be spending more time at the bar than usual. Maybe you'll be "the drunk" guy!

I'll be interested to see how long you can keep from being carted off. I mean you had your family do a tongue pic...:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Cherie did you see Oregondaddy? Another Westcoaster!!!!!

I forgot about that picture! I guess my family must just accept the fact that I'm insane.

woohoo, somebody else who's in the right time zone!!

those titles cracked me up......I'd love to hear the story behind them!

As for traveling with 7 kids all under 7? You might be spending more time at the bar than usual. Maybe you'll be "the drunk" guy!

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:You are soo right. I may very well be "the drunk guy". I'm going have to be viligant and make sure I don't show up in someone's TR as the sloppy, Asian drunk rambling on about babysitting 7 kids solo.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:You are soo right. I may very well be "the drunk guy". I'm going have to be viligant and make sure I don't show up in someone's TR as the sloppy, Asian drunk rambling on about babysitting 7 kids solo.

on the bright side...it would be better than showing up as "the guy" in the hot tub.

Reporting for Duty! Can't wait to start this crazy ride!:woohoo:

Hi to OregonDaddy from another Oregonian!

Hi Jordan! I know I mostly lurk, with a comment here and there, but wanted to let you know I wouldn't miss one of your reports!! This one should keep me entertained for the next 2-3 years! :laughing:

Okay now here's where it gets tricky...Wendy and Derek's friends MIGHT come. They have 4, yes 4 kids--all under the age of 7!!!!

"Interesting" would be putting it mildly!!! :lmao:

I'm waiting to find out what your February dates are...

Kathy

I am in.

Jordan, I started reading your trip report (all 3 parts) while you were on hiatus from the DIS. So glad you made it back so you could finish. I am joining this one from the beginning and expecting some great times.

we're hoping for early feb too!! Just gotta wait for 2010 rates to come out to see where the value season ends (gotta get in before then) and then to determine everyone's schedules...DH and I and Caleb (will be 16 mos) are going with my parents and my brother, SIL and newphew who will be 3.5 yrs. Should be interesting. We are hoping for the beach club....gotta hit the world showcase at night!

:welcome: to all newcomers! Thank you so much for joining in on my PTR....:banana:

Hi Jordan! I know I mostly lurk, with a comment here and there, but wanted to let you know I wouldn't miss one of your reports!! This one should keep me entertained for the next 2-3 years! :laughing:

Thanks Amy.

If the last PTR/TR took almost 2 years--no doubt 2-3 for this one!

"Interesting" would be putting it mildly!!! :lmao:

I'm waiting to find out what your February dates are...

Kathy

Dates coming up really soon!

I am in.

Jordan, I started reading your trip report (all 3 parts) while you were on hiatus from the DIS. So glad you made it back so you could finish. I am joining this one from the beginning and expecting some great times.

Wow. You are a brave one taking all 3 parts.:):thumbsup2

It should be interesting......

we're hoping for early feb too!! Just gotta wait for 2010 rates to come out to see where the value season ends (gotta get in before then) and then to determine everyone's schedules...DH and I and Caleb (will be 16 mos) are going with my parents and my brother, SIL and newphew who will be 3.5 yrs. Should be interesting. We are hoping for the beach club....gotta hit the world showcase at night!

Let me predict that value season will end sometime the week before President's Weekend. I think the last few times we've gone in February that's been the norm. So I would expect that value season would end around February 9-10th.....

Beach Club with an infant is perfect. So easy to get back and forth to both Epcot and DHS.

Looking forward to planning our trips together.:thumbsup2

Count me in! I can't wait to hear all about your plans.
I just got back from WDW Saturday, and ready to go back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter