People are cancelling

We didn't cancel--we just didn't plan a December trip as we have done for the past 5 years. This year we're going snow skiing--I'm gonna drop a few grand on the slopes and go back to WDW when WDW gets back to 'normal.'

Must be slow - other posts report that Port Orleans is closing temporaly due to lack of business.l Guests on cruise package are going to Swan or Dolphin and guests booked are being rebooked at other moderates. This is a first in my book. Shutting down a hotel due to lack of busniess. Wonder when it reopens. I hope I have right name. It is a new name - Riverside and French Quarters....only one side is closing for now.

My son and I like EE at MGM, but otherwise don't like getting up early. We did do e-night twice this past summer.

My concern: I have a Dec 30-Jan 6 trip planned. We are going to Cirque du Soliel (again) 1 night. I am sure that we will go to Disney Quest one evening also. I am just concerned about parks closing early. My son (ADHD) will drive me up a wall (in a nice way) if we go back to the room to early. I don't want to have to pay $ for him to play video games when I am already paying for the the theme parks which if were opened we could stay.

He loves to swim, but it will be too cold in the evenings when the park closes most likely.

I know we will still have a magical time, but I sure hope they don;t decide to close the parks before 7 or so!

You could always explore the rest of DTD, Pleasure Island and the marketplace. It mostly consists of shopping, but it is an option.

Not that there's anything wrong with shopping. ;)

jamsmom, I would put off my souvenir purchases until the evening and then let him pick out his souvenir if you normally do that. There's a lot that my 8 year old son enjoys doing at DD even if it's not as fun as the parks.

Also, remember that World Showcase stays open as late as normal too. Even though you may get sick of Maelstrom and El Rio del Tiempo after a while. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter