Peru - December 2022

Very happy you are still able to do another trip! If you don’t mind sharing, I’m curious on what you’ve been able to pull together on your short timeline.
We are booked on an AMAWaterways river cruise on the Rhine. In just a couple hours, we were able to get a flight credit, apply it to new flights, book the river cruise, cancelled Peru hotel, tours, and domestic flights and are ready to go!

For planning, I made a list of available cruises, called AMA to check availability (not visible online), and then looked at which flights had the best, affordable schedule to get us there and back. While we could have booked directly with AMA at that point, we had the agent that we were using for AbD book with AMA. He’s worked so hard and deserves his commission! We’ve adjusted airport hotels (much better schedule driving to a major airport 5 hours away as opposed to the small one in town), kenneling of dog, and work schedules by one day. We still need to book accommodations for when we arrive in Europe before our cruise but there was decent availability when I checked earlier. I’m certain there are things we’ve forgotten but I feel confident that things will work out.

I usually plan our vacations pretty far out. (Purchase airfare at 330 days kinda gal.) I feel comfortable with a river cruise on such short notice because everything is included - accommodations, dining, excursions, etc. It’s not Peru but it is something! Now I need to completely change my packing from South American climate and active activities to cooler European adventures! My teenage son won’t be happy that he has to pack pants…

We are booked on an AMAWaterways river cruise on the Rhine. In just a couple hours, we were able to get a flight credit, apply it to new flights, book the river cruise, cancelled Peru hotel, tours, and domestic flights and are ready to go!

For planning, I made a list of available cruises, called AMA to check availability (not visible online), and then looked at which flights had the best, affordable schedule to get us there and back. While we could have booked directly with AMA at that point, we had the agent that we were using for AbD book with AMA. He’s worked so hard and deserves his commission! We’ve adjusted airport hotels (much better schedule driving to a major airport 5 hours away as opposed to the small one in town), kenneling of dog, and work schedules by one day. We still need to book accommodations for when we arrive in Europe before our cruise but there was decent availability when I checked earlier. I’m certain there are things we’ve forgotten but I feel confident that things will work out.

I usually plan our vacations pretty far out. (Purchase airfare at 330 days kinda gal.) I feel comfortable with a river cruise on such short notice because everything is included - accommodations, dining, excursions, etc. It’s not Peru but it is something! Now I need to completely change my packing from South American climate and active activities to cooler European adventures! My teenage son won’t be happy that he has to pack pants…
This sounds wonderful, even if it wasn't a last-minute setup! I'm sure you will love your trip. The AMAWaterways ships and crew are fabulous!!

And I understand what you mean about still booking through your TA so he gets his commission! That was one of the things I was sad about when I decided not to re-book my cancelled Portugal ABD and told my TA just to get a refund. She had really helped me work out that trip, and I felt bad she wouldn't get her commission. Now that I've booked New Zealand, she's good again! :)

Enjoy!
Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter