Pete - Your Protest Worked

Renysmom

DIS Veteran
Hi Pete -

Your silent (okay not so silent) protest of the finger scanners has been heard. Lou Mongelo announced on his podcast that they are starting to remove them from the parks, starting with the MK and that all should be gone by summer.

Congrats :worship: :worship: You are more powerful than you think

OMG!

Thats amazing!

Finally i might be able to get into the parks with it actually working! (It never seemed to work for me)

Go Pete!

If there ever was any question that this board is paid attention to, I think this puts that to rest. I've never seen many complaints about the scanners anywhere else but here.

Woot!:cool1:

Thank you Pete. I hated those things. I always wondered who put their finger there before me, and where it had been before that! A ton of hand sanitzer later we went on with our day though.

I agree UrsulaShadow. I think Disney pays a lot of attention to boards like this, and Podcasts to get feedback. Hey, it's free aside from the manpower to monitor. You aren't having to do surveys or call people or pay for million dollar dialers A very cheap way to get a true pulse on your fan base.

I am looking forward to the turnstiles next year!

I wonder what sort of "protection" Disney will use now for the tickets. I was lecturing my parents a few weeks ago on how to use the finger scanners when we go to WDW in May. Needless to say, they were less then thrilled on using them.

I wonder what sort of "protection" Disney will use now for the tickets. I was lecturing my parents a few weeks ago on how to use the finger scanners when we go to WDW in May. Needless to say, they were less then thrilled on using them.

I just hope we don't have to walk around with another form of ID now. Can you imagine losing your Driver's License in Disney?:scared1:

I do want to make it clear that I would not be listening to Lou's podcast if the Dis Unplug was a 5 day a week event... I need something to fill up the rest of my commutes.. DU is number 1 on my Ipod always :)

I am beyond happy to hear that news. Trying to stuff a toddlers fingers in there while holding them is so not fun. WTG Pete and the DIS for being herd on this issue!!!!:thumbsup2

I am beyond happy to hear that news. Trying to stuff a toddlers fingers in there while holding them is so not fun. WTG Pete and the DIS for being herd on this issue!!!!:thumbsup2

They made you do your kids too? Ours were already in there stroller and they just took them through the gate on the side as long as we did their tickets at the turnstile. My husband and myself though had to do the *icky* finger scan though. Which we both kinda shuddered about!

Are they getting rid of both types of scanners? Both the one and two finger scanners?

If so...are they just scanning the tickets now?

They made you do your kids too? Ours were already in there stroller and they just took them through the gate on the side as long as we did their tickets at the turnstile. My husband and myself though had to do the *icky* finger scan though. Which we both kinda shuddered about!

My son was in a stroller and was under 3 but my cousins daughter had to go through and he got a foot to a not so good area trying to hold her up. Plus the germs eeeewwwww.

My son was in a stroller and was under 3 but my cousins daughter had to go through and he got a foot to a not so good area trying to hold her up. Plus the germs eeeewwwww.

I just realized how germy it is.

I am never touching the finger scanners again! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

ACK! Yeah, DH would some of his pixie dust on that as well.

I wonder how they will keep folks from turning their tickets now?

I don't wanna burst your bubble on this but someone on another board (ack, couuugh ...cheshire figment... ack ...moderator... couuuuugh ...theme parks board...) dropped that hint recently. Recently as in Last month.

I just hope we don't have to walk around with another form of ID now. Can you imagine losing your Driver's License in Disney?:scared1:

I have to agree, I honestly didn't mind the finger scanners, I'd rather do that than have to carry ID around....I'm always so worried about losing it on a trip. I lock it in the safe!

Are they getting rid of both types of scanners? Both the one and two finger scanners?

If so...are they just scanning the tickets now?

I heard they're opting for the pupil scan/brain chip implant next---no germs to worry about. :3dglasses

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter