Pete - Your Protest Worked

Who is Lou?! :confused3

Lou is the author of The Walt Disney World Trivia Book(s) , and founder of www.disneyworldtrivia.com. His DIS name is AKQJ10, but he probably doesn't have a lot of time to hang out here anymore.

I've spent time with him and assorted other Disney fans/authors/webmasters, including lots of "official" and "unofficial" DIS people - every December for the past 5 years. And I'll be back this year :cool1:. Lou and most of the others are incredibly gracious and very much down-to-earth people.

If this is true, I'm really curious if they are going to put something else in place. Even though I TOTALLY agree with Pete and Kevin, that once you buy a ticket you should be able to do whatever you want with it, including giving it to someone else, but Disney definitely doesn't want this, so I find it hard to believe they will just go back to scanning the tickets, again allowing people to give them or sell them to other people.

I still remember that debacle in the early 90's of taking your picture and printing it to the ticket!:lmao:

What was funny for us was we used to go 3 days, when I was a kid. Then they got rid of the 3 day pass and only had 2 and 4 day passes, and there was NO EXPIRATION back then. So one year we would buy a 4 day pass, the next a 2 day pass, it eventually came out in the wash! In fact when I went to live briefly and work at Disney my grandma gave me those extra days and Disney honored them even though those tickets were like 8 years old, and had a 60 year old man's (my Grandpa) and 60 year old woman's (Grandma's) picture on them. When I went down there to visit before I got hired I had 4 days of play time from 8 years before.

I wonder if they will do a picture on the ticket again?

Wow!! That is cool.

Who is Lou?! :confused3

Uh, oh, here we go again! LOL!

Mongellllo everyone :rotfl2:

Much more family friendly now, as I think some people were giving them the finger allright...due to the back-up in lines that is to say!

This makes me think they're going to switch ticket media and pricing, AGAIN.

This makes me think they're going to switch ticket media and pricing, AGAIN.

Oh no, please don't even think it. :faint:

But I have to wonder how accurate this info is. You would like they would have mentioned it on the podcast. The only place I've heard this so far is this thread.

Is my two cents still worth anything with today's inflation?

If so, I really wouldn't be surprised to see them try the "pictures on the tickets". Helps keep from giving the ticket to someone else, IF (see the big if?) they make us show the ticket to a CM when it is scanned.

And, if you are a regular visitor and do something wrong, they have your fingerprints and mugshot to turn over to the WDW secret police. Don't think they exist? They captured me when I four, simply because I dropped my ice cream. Without so much a trip to City Hall to see a judge, I was quickly locked up the Lost Parents Room, just because I had decided to go to the Country Bear Jamboree without the rest of the family.

mmmmmm toddler fingers... can I get those with ranch dressing?

or bergers?!?!?

And, if you are a regular visitor and do something wrong, they have your fingerprints and mugshot to turn over to the WDW secret police. Don't think they exist? They captured me when I four, simply because I dropped my ice cream. Without so much a trip to City Hall to see a judge, I was quickly locked up the Lost Parents Room, just because I had decided to go to the Country Bear Jamboree without the rest of the family.
The nerve!
-
-
-
-

The government has contacted Disney. Seems as if the only way to get people to take the whole, "MUST have passport to travel back into the USA" thing seriously, Disney will now require them.

I am so pleased! Being a HUGE germaphobe, I was getting the creeps just thinking about all of the sticky fingers touching the scanners yuuuuck1

While my ego would love to believe that my rants on the finger scanners had somethign to do with their removal, I'm seriously doubting that was the case. The finger scanners have long been a source of long lines at the turnstiles. I'm pretty sure that had more to do with Disney's decision than anything else. I know for a fact they listen to our show (and many others), and they do make changes to certain things based on that feedback. I'm pretty sure that this, however, wasn't one of them.

Thx
Pete

For what this observation is worth......

I just received my WDW park hoppers from WDW. They have a bar code on the back of them. I just checked my scrapbook and for the past three years, none of the tickets had bar codes on the backs of them. Not even the Resort ticket/key from this past September.

Hmm....just sayin'..............

Kimba

My tickets from last June had bar codes on them. I believe the ones from our October 06 trip did too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter