Pete - Your Protest Worked

So what does a bar code have to do with possibly discontinuing the finger scan? What additional information would the bar code hold that isn't already on the magnetic stripe?

Now if they'd just make the tickets hard plastic instead of that stupid paper................

DNA, my friends, is where its at today. You will all be required to provide a cheek swab on first admission, and if at a later time there is a mismatch you will be taken aside for blood samples.

Toddler Fingers?

I thought nobody under 9 had to do the finger scan anyway????

Knox

Mongellllo everyone :rotfl2:

And a good Mongello to you to sir!!

I listened to Lou's podcast too but I can't remember if that was part of his news segment or the "rumour mill" portion of the podcast in which case we may be getting our hopes up for nothing. And while I don't mind them for the reasons that Pete does, they are a hassle and slow up the line.

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY could seem to "get" how to use the finger scanners on the first try.

I don't know when businesses will finally admit to themselves that they can't require anything of their customers that includes reading instructions. It never happens.

Thats great. I also thought that the fingerprinting was a violacion of my privacy. i am not criminal and Disney is not the police, so I dont need to be fingerprinted.

This thread combines my two official Disney sources. THE DIS and Lou Mongello. Both are different ends of the spectrum. THE DIS gives you a no holds bar look @ the do's and dont's of WDW. There is no holding back which is why i love THE DIS. Lou gives a different perspective of WDW, but covers alot of the things about disney with insight and a informative view of things. THE DIS comes with a more critical eye towards whats right and wrong with WDW, and i greatly appreciate it. Therefore THE DIS and LOU are my top two podcast that i look towards each week.

I must be an outcast here. I actually appreciated the scanners, as I am very pro-security. And yes, if the government or Disney wants my fingerprints or implant a chip in me, I'm all for it - but only if it gets me through security faster.

Gayle

I must be an outcast here. I actually appreciated the scanners, as I am very pro-security.

I guess I don't understand what a finger scan, as implemented for tickets at WDW, has to do with security. Its only a technique to tie the ticket use to a particular (unknown) person.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter