PHILADELPHIA to ORLANDO. What's a good Price?

doc hog

DVC Member - OKW / BWV
:confused: HELP!!! :confused:

Can anyone tell me if USAIR from Phil to Orlando non-stop for $291 is a fair price for Thanksgiving Week? My days and times for traveling are not that flexible due to my work schedule. Should I be patient and wait? Is this too early to be booking a flight for November?

Hi!

Although I HATE to fly, I have flown Philly to Orlando and tell all of my friends expect to pay anywhere from $189 to $249 to Orlando. I think $291 is a bit on the high end, even for Thanksgiving. We traveled the week after Thanksgiving and paid less than $200.

I would be patient.

Good luck!

Unless you can find a super deal well under $200, it is definitely too early to book for November. I would monitor the fares regularly for at least a month to see how much they fluctuate. Even though you won't qualify for many of the big discount fares over Thanksgiving, there's no way you should pay $291 per person.

I am flying 10/30 to 11/8 non stop usair out of Philly and the tickets were $200.50. I waited two years ago and couldn't get non stop and had to change planes in Char. We ended up being stuck for two extra hours there due to the weather. (It was $176 round trip then).

Good luck.

I'd wait a bit. PHL is a hub for AirTran and I don't believe they have their rates posted as yet for Nov./Thanksgiving Week. Although they typically don't post their rates until 6 months out, sometimes they will post further in advance to cover holiday periods. I would monitor rates and watch for AirTran posting theirs before booking anything.

I would wait also. I was watching fares for our March trip and they would range from high 200's to just about 200 even. We eventually booked for 200.50 also. Now, they have been pretty much staying at this price

:D Thanks again for all the great info!!!! :D

The $$$ of the flight I was looking at dropped to $250 RT for non-stop service. Maybe I'll luck out and get a flight under $200 Rt. Keeping my fingers crossed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter