Photo Backpack?

I'm buying a Kata 465 before our trip in November to replace my Canon bag and I think that pretty much says it all.

With the gear you plan on taking, I don't know that I would use that particular backpack. I still think its a great multi-purpose backpack, but the last two times that I went to DL while trying to travel light (which for me is just one body and two lenses), I just put my gear into my regular daypack with the lenses in their own cases like this. Made it much easier to carry extra stuff (jacket, water bottle, etc) and easier to get things in and out while on the move.

I still use the backpack you originally mentioned to store all my gear for day to day use and when I know I'll be needing to bring my whole kit.

One thing about that backpack though, I'm not that crazy with how it carries the tripod horizontal on the bottom. Mine keeps slipping off and makes it more difficult to set the pack down. My next bag will have vertical storage, but at Disney, you'll probably be better off storing it in a locker until night when you need it.

Thank you Mabas. I think I'll have to get some lens cases now. :)

Well I have finally outgrown my little camera bag :yay: LOL and am looking around for a new one. I came across the Tenba shootout bags and kinda like them but was wondering if any of ya'll have them. If you do what are your opinions/experiences good or bad. And how much will they hold. I currently have a canon 50D, 70-300 IS USM, 28-135 USM, 50 1.8, and my newest baby the 430 EX II speedlite. And before my trip next month I am picking up the 70-200L F2.8 II and IF I get a good deal maybe the 100-400L also, so looking for something to hold at least that equipment.

Thanks,
Robert

I am thinking about getting a backpack style camera bag. My main considerations Our to find one that will hold a body and 3 to 4 lenses, that can hold a tripod on the side, and 1 that can lay flat for easy access. I have a small backpack now and I don't like the way it splits in half to get in the bottom part. Any suggestions?

Just viewed your new Flickr shots. Now you've got me interested in the Nikon 10-24 (or maybe Sigma 10-20...I just think I want that extra 1mm), Samyang 8mm, and of course, the D7000. Really interested in hearing your thoughts on any/all of these!

I like the way the LowePro 250 opens to the side and lets you grab the camera without taking the backpack off. With the left strap over your shoulder you can quickly unzip the side facing compartment, grab and go. It does assume tht you are right-handed though ;)

I'm not sure if they make one without the laptop 'slot'.

I have been a Lowepro devotee for years. I can testify to the ruggedness, durability, resistance to stains and dirt and the fact that you can really customize them to suit your ever changing needs. The zippers are great and Never jam!

I have purchased 2 lowepros, one for personal use and one for use by many people/ camera BARBARIANS! in a prekindergarten to 8th grade school. Any bag that can take that kind of Abuse is a winner in my book.

Oh, and the padding is really comfortable and it does an excellent job of protecting the equipment inside.

I am now up to 4 lenses and 2 camera bodies in my Lowepro Microtrekker 200 and the only reason I would consider replacing it would be to have something that would carry my tri/Monopod as well.

I hope that helps!
:hug:
Marlton Mom

I looked at the Lowepro Fastpacks before I decided to keep my Slingshot, they were very nice, and while they don't have a tripod strap on the side, it's easy to make it work - you can put the legs of the tripod in the mesh pouch on the side and then add a small strap going from the top handle to the tripod.

I've got a LowePro mini-trekker AW that almost fits your description. The problem is that a pack small enough to fit the gear you describe will be on the small side for holding a tripod well. With the mini-trekker, the tripod goes in the middle on the back, which I don't like.

I have a Gura Gear Kuboko that works excellent for what you describe (plus the straps fold in making it a nice, clean carry on. The problem with it is that it is probably too large (and expensive) for what you want. I use it to haul two bodies and about 8 lenses.

A lot of people seem to be buying Think Tank gear these days. I love the stuff I've seen. I wish I had bought their belt system rather than the Lowe Pro. I don't know their models well enough to recommend a particular one, but you should check them out.

The thing I like about the Gura Gear bag is that it has two flaps for the main compartment which open towards the center. With my other backpack bags, they have one huge flap. That makes them more of a pain to work with on location.

+2 for Lowepro Flipside. I have the 200 series and used this bag for 2 weeks this past June in the parks. I purchased this bag because the Slingshot caused too much tension on my right shoulder.

My latest purchases have been Lowepro's Fastpack 200 and Slingshot 200. Both work well for my application. I find it hard to recommend a specific bag, but if you are looking at Lowepro, I would recommend a website: www.avidmaxoutfitters.com

They are a Lowepro dealer with good prices and usually throw in some type of free gift with the purchase, strap, lens bag, etc. Disclaimer:I have no association with the company, I have just used them with great success.

They also have a bag finder app that allows you to tell them what type of equipment you want to carry and they will recommend the bags.

My latest purchases have been Lowepro's Fastpack 200 and Slingshot 200. Both work well for my application. I find it hard to recommend a specific bag, but if you are looking at Lowepro, I would recommend a website: www.avidmaxoutfitters.com

They are a Lowepro dealer with good prices and usually throw in some type of free gift with the purchase, strap, lens bag, etc. Disclaimer:I have no association with the company, I have just used them with great success.

They also have a bag finder app that allows you to tell them what type of equipment you want to carry and they will recommend the bags.

I'll second Avid Max. I buy from their eBay store and the shipping is extremely fast (comes from Colorado). Prices are usually the best, too.

Another LowePro devotee here.

I loved my Slingshot 200 for very easy access to the gear; but it created a LOT of tension on my shoulder and back.

I recently purchased the (compact) ProRunner 200; which carries body, 3 zoom lens and one prime. Tripod goes on the front (not the side).
A much more weight balanced bag for my back to carry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter