Photo Board Assignment, Fall Scavenger Hunt, Sept-Nov, 2011

A few more, the leaves by me peaked this past week.

Changing Colors
1113.jpg

179.jpg

Piles of leaves
29_a.jpg

283.jpg

Apple Orchard
361.jpg

382.jpg

Holiday Baking We don't celebrate Thanksgiving in Oz...so my efforts are firmly cast towards Christmas. I made my Bourbon Fruit cake this weekend....some of which I might actually give away as presents....or not.

From this....

IMG_0592.jpg

...and this.

IMG_0594.jpg

With Cinnamon and Nutmeg spicing.

IMG_0602.jpg

And Bourbon-laced Fruit and Nut.

IMG_0611.jpg

Ready for the oven...

IMG_0614.jpg

To this! .... cooling on the wire rack.

IMG_0617.jpg

The cakes will be wrapped in muslin or cheesecloth saturated with more bourbon and stored in the freezer for the next month. They will keep for up to a year.

Berry Wreath Not quite the sort that is intended.....yet! But it is berry season in Australia. :thumbsup2

IMG_0631.jpg

Famous Gravesite of Sir John Monash, "Scholar, Engineer, Soldier and Nation Builder". Monash University is named in honour of him.

2011November14Misc064.jpg

2011November14Misc061.jpg

Category Stretching? Might well be my last one for this hunt!

World Series Related

2011November14Misc050.jpg

Yes....I do know you're expecting Baseball!

2011November6ScavHunt006.jpg

2011November6ScavHunt009.jpg

2011November6ScavHunt015.jpg

princess::upsidedow

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. May you have a great day with you and your loved ones.

And I hope to see lots of pictures of your Turkeys "roosting" in the ovens!! :goodvibes

Holiday Baking We don't celebrate Thanksgiving in Oz...so my efforts are firmly cast towards Christmas. I made my Bourbon Fruit cake this weekend....some of which I might actually give away as presents....or not.

From this....

IMG_0592.jpg

...and this.

IMG_0594.jpg

With Cinnamon and Nutmeg spicing.

IMG_0602.jpg

And Bourbon-laced Fruit and Nut.

IMG_0611.jpg

Ready for the oven...

IMG_0614.jpg

To this! .... cooling on the wire rack.

IMG_0617.jpg

The cakes will be wrapped in muslin or cheesecloth saturated with more bourbon and stored in the freezer for the next month. They will keep for up to a year.
These look awesome! :lovestruc

Happy Thanksgiving! :goodvibes

Went to a Street or Spring Fair at the weekend.

It had been really, really wet for the 36 hour period leading up to the day. We must have had close on 2 inches of rain in that time.

This was at midday, when the rain finally stopped.

IMG_0674.jpg

Carnival Rides were free.

IMG_0700.jpg

IMG_0705.jpg

...giving me the opportunity at Spooky Trails

IMG_0734.jpg

There was entertainment.

IMG_0713.jpg

....and an old favourite category for our hunts in the past showed up!

IMG_0747.jpg

Food? ::yes::

There were a number of areas for BBQ.

IMG_0741.jpg

I even saw some Cinnamon Donuts, not Apple Cider.

IMG_0740.jpg

And some Corn

IMG_0720.jpg

This is an absolute stretch, even for me. But this is the only category left on the list for me to 'get'; so I'm going to go for it.

This is something you would normally expect to 'see' After Midnight, rather than during the day......Santa and his reindeer! :rotfl:

IMG_0692.jpg

Pea-n-me: Thanks for organising another great hunt! Great job on picking the categories as always. I really had fun with this one too. :thumbsup2

To all my scav hunt friends-in-a-box: Thanks for making this hunt fun and full of fall colour. I really loved seeing your fall pictures and getting an insight into your lives in your home towns. Thanks for sharing! :flower3:

Pea-n-me: Thanks for organising another great hunt! Great job on picking the categories as always. I really had fun with this one too. :thumbsup2

To all my scav hunt friends-in-a-box: Thanks for making this hunt fun and full of fall colour. I really loved seeing your fall pictures and getting an insight into your lives in your home towns. Thanks for sharing! :flower3:

madiscrapper24 said:
Next round...

Will there be a round that runs through Christmas?
:goodvibes Shall we begin to think about a Winter Hunt?

I know we have a new camera coming into this house (DS's - and a friend's getting the same one) so I'll, at least in theory, be out shooting/teaching somewhere this winter. :cold:

Linda - do we call you a glutton for punishment??!!! :rotfl2:
Let me think - a christmas/winter scavenger hunt?? OK...!!!! :thumbsup2
Unfortunately I just couldn't get it together to enter the fall scav hunt, but I have enjoyed seeing everyone's photos. We don't get fall/autumn colours here at all, so it has been great to see what happens elsewhere!
A new scaveneger hunt will allow me to get out and about with my new camera, too!! :woohoo: I just upgraded and have a big learning curve (again) ahead of me!!! ;) So it seems we may be doing the same things, Linda, except I will be baking in the heat, while you are suffering in the cold!!
Thanks everyone again, and big thanks to you Linda for your organisation. :cheer2:

I've had a busy month but here are my final pictures.

Haunted House
050-1.jpg

Acorn Found this at ASMo's
281.jpg

Bats
044.jpg

Bowl of Candy
033.jpg

Costumed revelers DGD as a renaissance princess
017.jpg

DGS as a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle
020.jpg

Fall colors MK decorated for Halloween
1150.jpg

Fall Flag
001.jpg

Fall Food the cranberry, good all year long but I love the canned variety at Thanksgiving
1492.jpg

051.jpg

Falling leaves my DGS had a lot of fun throwing them in the air
113.jpg

114.jpg

First Frost
004.jpg

Frankenstein
007.jpg

Ghostly I was really happy with this
1354.jpg

Apparition or ghostly
1440.jpg

Halloween related
1396.jpg

Lighted jack-o-lantern
043.jpg

My neighborhood Halloween night
042.jpg

Pile of leaves
110.jpg

What I am afraid of and a spider web
375.jpg

World Series Related Once the Phillies were out I didn't think I would find anything. I forgave the man for being a Yankees fan when he let me take a picture of his arm
078.jpg

Pea-n-me - Thank you for organizing this. I had fun taking pics and enjoying the others.

A winter hunt? I'm all set. I'm taking my camera in for a tune up but still have the others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter