Picture of the Day - Chatter Thread

Carol,

Looks like you have added some more tents to your "compound". :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 I'm always amazed at how you are able to take all of your stuff on the plane and manage it all by yourself - very methodical and resourceful. Did ya take a partner this year or were you able to do all that by yourself. Looks like quite a cozy campsite.

Hope you're having fun at the parks, looks like the weather is cooperating. Have fun, I'm jealous. :wave: :wave:

Becky

I didn't fly this year. I had my truck and a little trailer to bring all that stuff.

A friend and my son joined me and they did fly.

Carol

I was wondering when I passed by the shoe tree...does it mean anything, a theme, meaning..when did this happen.???

Minnie3 said:
I was wondering when I passed by the shoe tree...does it mean anything, a theme, meaning..when did this happen.???

I have heard several versions of what this is. Every explanation I've heard has something to do with a custom for CM's working on the boats to throw their shoes up there on their last day of work. :confused3

Is anyone else having problems posting pictures? Mine shows up if I do the preview post button but when I hit sumbit I get website can't be displayed? Anyone else having any problems?

Chris

daddyscooltv said:
Is anyone else having problems posting pictures? Mine shows up if I do the preview post button but when I hit sumbit I get website can't be displayed? Anyone else having any problems?

Chris

I have not been having any trouble posting. When I first scrolled through looking at your posts one of your photos came up as the little box with the red x in it, as if your link was bad. But I right clicked on it, and copied it. I pasted the info. in my browser, it showed up in it's own window. Now it also shows up on your posting. I am going to try and paste it here and see what happens.

http://i5.pbase.com/g6/87/300887/2/71787197.vxFUgpYG.jpg

yea some times all my pictures come up and sometime some of them have the red x. I've never had any problems before!!! Weird

Minnie3 said:

Well, if you ask a castmember on one of the boats (as I did last week) what they'll tell you is that is a rare tree that can only grow in that location. He said a shoelace was left on the ground there, that is what grew when the lace was rained on, etc. He said you can try to grow them in other states but the lace will not germinate anywhere else but there at Ft. Wilderness. That's his story and he's sticking to it.

We just got back from a week at VWL and rented bikes to go over to the Fort. I loved all the holiday decorations! We also really enjoyed the holiday elements to the HDDR. I enjoy seeing these pictures again.

CottontailCurl said:
Well, if you ask a castmember on one of the boats (as I did last week) what they'll tell you is that is a rare tree that can only grow in that location. He said a shoelace was left on the ground there, that is what grew when the lace was rained on, etc. He said you can try to grow them in other states but the lace will not germinate anywhere else but there at Ft. Wilderness. That's his story and he's sticking to it.

OOH! I know the answer to this one!! :banana: One day, we were heading back from MK to FW during a real 'off' time...heck! We were the only ones on the boat! We were up front and were chatting back and forth between the captain and his crew member. They told us that when a captain of one of their boats retire, this is a ritual that they do...their shoes end up in that tree! :teeth:

This same captain had told us what Discovery Island was really going to be. He said when they first started to build WDW, Walt wanted his Florida home to be built on that island. He said many of the 'old timers' still refer to it as "Walt's Island".

Looks like a Fleetwood Scorpion. Meant for quads and stuff but i think it's better used as living space/deck.

ynottony99 were are you getting your pictures from?

Over the years I have taken hundreds of photos on every WDW trip. I have been combing thru my files looking for some worth sharing. Hope you like um!!

campsite at end of 700 loop
PC220349.jpg

PC220350.jpg

That is simply awesome! My kinda Christmas decorations! :thumbsup2

Here is the campsite right across from the last one in the 700 loop, they did a great job decorating the front of their RV.
PC220355.jpg

I have noticed over the years that these 2 sites are often decked out during holidays. But, wow, those folks pulled out all the stops!!!!!

I have noticed over the years that these 2 sites are often decked out during holidays. But, wow, those folks pulled out all the stops!!!!!

You are right, they were really decked out and my pictures can't even do them justice. Site 301 took the prize though, I tried taking some pictures at night but they didn't come out so I will try to post the one picture of site 301 that looks decent, but I couldn't capture everything they had there. They were on a corner and they had inflatables, lights, yard-art, everything you can imagine all around the corner, in front of their rig and then to the other side also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter