Plan my dream October visit!

farmfresh2

Earning My Ears
My SIL has invited me to come to Disneyland for her birthday in October. We both love the parks, are used to doing big full days, and she really wants to have a great girls’ trip, just the two of us, no kids or partners (who may not be such fans!) - and , with your help, I want to help make it great!

We will be there from the evening of Wednesday 9 October, leaving early Sat 12th. No flex on dates unfortunately.

My first plan has been to book a room at the GCH… ✅now I need your ideas to help plan out our days there. Obviously it will be Halloween, and likely there will be an OBB. So…can we squeeze in a WOC and a Fantasmic? Which days, which parks? Should we try for bash tickets? If we don’t, how does that affect our evenings? Should we look at concierge, or a VIP tour? Any don’t-miss -it suggestions?

Help me plan a short dream trip!:tink:

If you can afford a VIP tour you should obviously do it. Concierge you will not really appreciate if you don’t return to the hotel for appetizer time.

OBB is famous for rare characters, is that something you guys would love? Then do it but buy as soon as they go on sale if your date is covered, they’re hard to get.

You gave dates but what tickets are you doing? 2, 3 or 4 day? Hoppers?

October is insanely busy so pack your patience! October can also be insanely hot so pack your bathing suits!

Look up past descriptions and reviews of Oogie Boogie Bash to see if it appeals to you. I love it, but it’s not everyone’s cup of tea. If you want to try for Oogie Boogie tickets pay attention to the on-sale date (which has not been released yet). Last year tickets sold out in less than one day for the general public sale. Parties are traditionally Tuesday, Thursday and Sundays, so you’ll only have one option due to your travel dates (unless they do more parties next year on more dates).

If you want to see World of Color plan a California Adventure day on a non-OBB night. If you have park hoppers you’ll have much more flexibility. Plan to buy Genie+ all your days if you like doing a lot of rides as October is the busiest month of the year.

Will you go to the parks on Wednesday evening and Saturday morning, or only Thursday and Friday? That makes a difference as far as trying to do OBB, Fantasmic and WOC (WOC does not play on nights of OBB).

If you can afford a VIP tour you should obviously do it. Concierge you will not really appreciate if you don’t return to the hotel for appetizer time.

OBB is famous for rare characters, is that something you guys would love? Then do it but buy as soon as they go on sale if your date is covered, they’re hard to get.

You gave dates but what tickets are you doing? 2, 3 or 4 day? Hoppers?
We will only have two days but will get hoppers..probably won’t be back for appetizers so maybe concierge is not for us!

October is insanely busy so pack your patience! October can also be insanely hot so pack your bathing suits!

Look up past descriptions and reviews of Oogie Boogie Bash to see if it appeals to you. I love it, but it’s not everyone’s cup of tea. If you want to try for Oogie Boogie tickets pay attention to the on-sale date (which has not been released yet). Last year tickets sold out in less than one day for the general public sale. Parties are traditionally Tuesday, Thursday and Sundays, so you’ll only have one option due to your travel dates (unless they do more parties next year on more dates).

If you want to see World of Color plan a California Adventure day on a non-OBB night. If you have park hoppers you’ll have much more flexibility. Plan to buy Genie+ all your days if you like doing a lot of rides as October is the busiest month of the year.
So WOC on Friday….Fantasmic on Thursday if we don’t go OBB? Will definitely get G+..and pack our suits. Have only been in October once before and one day was LA’s hottest on record!

Will you go to the parks on Wednesday evening and Saturday morning, or only Thursday and Friday? That makes a difference as far as trying to do OBB, Fantasmic and WOC (WOC does not play on nights of OBB).
Wednesday is possible but my SIL doesn’t get in till 5 ish….we could WOC that night but was thinking dinner maybe at Craftsman and watch from the balcony?

So WOC on Friday….Fantasmic on Thursday if we don’t go OBB? Will definitely get G+..and pack our suits. Have only been in October once before and one day was LA’s hottest on record!
Fantasmic only runs Friday-Sun most of the year as far as I know with exceptions for holiday weeks like summer, december and easter.

Thanks! so we might need to get tickets for Wednesday night for WOC and try Fantasmic Friday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter