• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PlanDisney Panelist Search 2024 Applications Now Open

Congrats on applying and good luck! The process is a lot of fun, regardless of outcome. I made it to Round 2 last year, which was my first year applying. I was so shocked and excited! If you haven't joined them already, there's a group on Facebook dedicated to the search. The people are supportive, knowledgeable, and positive. I had so much fun last year seeing people I'd interacted with/gotten to know actually make the panel.
Thanks! I'll go find that group as well!

What a ride! I just applied for the first time and I thought I'd search through DisBoards to see what was out here.. and found this thread. I just read through the entire thing.. The anticipation and feelings throughout where quite wrenching and uplifting! I bet looking back having that experience will help for this years application. Good luck to all!

Here's to 2024!
This board is super supportive and is definitely helpful through the process just the vent. One of the only things that helped me get through it the past two years. My family just doesn't get it.

This board is super supportive and is definitely helpful through the process just the vent. One of the only things that helped me get through it the past two years. My family just doesn't get it.

My husband was SO supportive, but he didn't quite get it either, I don't think. I think it's hard to understand how vulnerable something like this can make you feel, unless you're in it. As adults, most of us don't often try out or audition for things anymore and it feels kind of foreign to put yourself out there like that. I applied for the first time last year and I really didn't anticipate that feeling of vulnerability. And I definitely felt it, especially during the Round 2 video part. When I got the no after that, I'll admit to feeling a little rejected. It's natural, even when you know the odds going in and don't think you'll get invested - you do anyway 😂 🤷‍♀️ It's nice talking to others who "get it."

That said my outlook is different this year. I don't really feel anxious, just excited to get to participate again!

My husband was SO supportive, but he didn't quite get it either, I don't think. I think it's hard to understand how vulnerable something like this can make you feel, unless you're in it. As adults, most of us don't often try out or audition for things anymore and it feels kind of foreign to put yourself out there like that. I applied for the first time last year and I really didn't anticipate that feeling of vulnerability. And I definitely felt it, especially during the Round 2 video part. When I got the no after that, I'll admit to feeling a little rejected. It's natural, even when you know the odds going in and don't think you'll get invested - you do anyway 😂 🤷‍♀️ It's nice talking to others who "get it."

That said my outlook is different this year. I don't really feel anxious, just excited to get to participate again!
Mine is supportive too but DEFINITELY did get it. Really and truly no one around me gets the DIsney "thing." So it is a bit lonely at time. Last year was my second year. The first year I made it to round two as well. I wasn't super happy with my video but held out hope and when I got the "no" I cried. An embarrassing amount. More invested than I should. Last year going in, I was much calmer. Making it to round 2 was amazing. I was very happy with my video, though looking back at it now I can see it being a little much. I got the "no" last year 20 minutes after finishing CPR on an 8 month old at my job(he ended up ok) but I was so emotionally drained and honestly didn't have it in me to process for a a few days.

Mine is supportive too but DEFINITELY did get it. Really and truly no one around me gets the DIsney "thing." So it is a bit lonely at time. Last year was my second year. The first year I made it to round two as well. I wasn't super happy with my video but held out hope and when I got the "no" I cried. An embarrassing amount. More invested than I should. Last year going in, I was much calmer. Making it to round 2 was amazing. I was very happy with my video, though looking back at it now I can see it being a little much. I got the "no" last year 20 minutes after finishing CPR on an 8 month old at my job(he ended up ok) but I was so emotionally drained and honestly didn't have it in me to process for a a few days.

Yup, I cried last year! You're not alone, and I do think it's pretty normal. Of course you go in knowing the odds are slim, but you still wind up pouring a lot of yourself into the application, and I'm sure that intensifies the further you progress. Like the people who make Round 3 and then don't ultimately make the panel - I'm sure that's a rough feeling.

I feel a lot more relaxed this time going in, and I'm hoping I can keep it that way! It helps a lot knowing I already have a trip booked that will qualify me next time around as well.

I've applied almost every year and have never made it past round 1. It does suck, but I remind myself that I'm still the expert that my friends go to for advice, even if Disney doesn't see it. That they're missing out on the advice that a multiple trips/year, DVC owner, AP holder can bring. But hey.... nothing that another WDW trip can't fix :)

Yup, I cried last year! You're not alone, and I do think it's pretty normal. Of course you go in knowing the odds are slim, but you still wind up pouring a lot of yourself into the application, and I'm sure that intensifies the further you progress. Like the people who make Round 3 and then don't ultimately make the panel - I'm sure that's a rough feeling.

I feel a lot more relaxed this time going in, and I'm hoping I can keep it that way! It helps a lot knowing I already have a trip booked that will qualify me next time around as well.
This year I feel much like the first year. I think because of the timing change. I was mentally prepared for a September application. I randomly checked last week and saw about it opening early. It also stated this time that the entire process would conclude in September so it is a lot more unknown than last year for me. Last year I had a reasonable idea when to expect emails. Now it is all new again. Ugh!!

This year I feel much like the first year. I think because of the timing change. I was mentally prepared for a September application. I randomly checked last week and saw about it opening early. It also stated this time that the entire process would conclude in September so it is a lot more unknown than last year for me. Last year I had a reasonable idea when to expect emails. Now it is all new again. Ugh!!

Wait, what? The WHOLE thing is supposed to be over by September? I must have read it wrong, I thought it said we'd hear the results of Round 1 in September. Guess it'll move faster than I thought. I felt like the whole thing lasted longer than 2 months last year, but as I'm thinking about it maybe that does sound about right.

Last edited:
Wait, what? The WHOLE thing is supposed to be over by September? I must have read it wrong, I thought it said we'd hear the results of Round 1 in September. Guess it'll move faster than I thought. I felt like the whole thing lasted longer than 2 months last year, but as I'm thinking about it maybe that does sound about right.
So it said that when we submitted our first round questions. But the actual website stated that the process would conclude in September. The last two years, it started the first week or so of September. I only remember because we were at WDW for our anniversary which is September 10th and was writing my answers while there. We found out around the first week of October who moved to round 2 on a Monday or Tuesday. That weekend was when we found out the prompts for the videos and we submitted the next Monday or Tuesday. We found out the end of October about round 3 progression and video interviews were while we were at WDW for Wine and Dine Race Weekend with the people who were selected finding out the following Monday through Wednesday. One actually found out at the end of the half marathon where they surprised her (lucky). So, yea, everything this year is seeming very different, at least time frame wise and that is throwing me off my game mentally.

I've applied almost every year and have never made it past round 1. It does suck, but I remind myself that I'm still the expert that my friends go to for advice, even if Disney doesn't see it. That they're missing out on the advice that a multiple trips/year, DVC owner, AP holder can bring. But hey.... nothing that another WDW trip can't fix :)
I agree. I'm headed there this weekend for a distraction, even though I know it won't help.

Excited to join the waiting room with all of you! After applying for WDW three times, I switched it up and went with DVC this year.

I feel like it should be Fall since the search started early this year 😂 . But I think it makes sense to push things up so the new panelists will have more planning time before the training trip. In the past, it seemed like they got 3-4 weeks notice, which could be hard for planning work and childcare arrangements. Obviously everyone makes it work, but I always wondered why they didn't just move up search by a couple of weeks!

Joining the waiting room with you all! I'm curious what percentage of applicants make it to round 2. There was an article in The New York Times in 2010 about how 10,000 people applied and only 14 new panelists were ultimately chosen. I'm not great at math (only Disney Math!), but it seems like my odds are only slighter better than playing the Mega Millions. Good luck, all!

Joining the waiting room with you all! I'm curious what percentage of applicants make it to round 2. There was an article in The New York Times in 2010 about how 10,000 people applied and only 14 new panelists were ultimately chosen. I'm not great at math (only Disney Math!), but it seems like my odds are only slighter better than playing the Mega Millions. Good luck, all!
I have seen several different articles over the years even talking about 20,000-40,000 with 200-400 making it to round 2, and 30ish making to round 3 and roughly 15 making final group chosen. So, yeah. Not the best odds but I'm still willing to get my heart broken.

With numbers like that do you think they’re using AI or some automated system to filter the first round?

I have seen several different articles over the years even talking about 20,000-40,000 with 200-400 making it to round 2, and 30ish making to round 3 and roughly 15 making final group chosen. So, yeah. Not the best odds but I'm still willing to get my heart broken.
Last year there were 25 Panelists selected. 40 round 3 finalists were in a FB group together, we estimated there may have been about 50 total. I would guess 250-500 in round 2 is probably pretty accurate based on how many round 2 applicants are in the main FB groups for the panel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter