Please Help! Daughter ripped her costume!

jenthemom22

Mouseketeer
I hope some one here can give me some advice. I just bought DD a beautiful Jasmine costume from the Disney Store on Saturday. She went to a costume party on Sunday and ripped the seam of the pants. :blush: I'm looking for advice on how to sew it because it's a very silky material and I don't want to ruin it more than it is. Some of the material is torn already. Should I just run it throught the machine? Or do I need to do something special because of the material? Thanks for any help.

I'm not much of a sewer, but I have used a liquid product called Fray-Chek to stop silky fabrics from running more. You can buy it at the fabric store, ie. JoAnn Fabric.

You put it on the frayed ends and it will harden, then you can sew up the seam and it shouldn't unravel any more. It will dry with a wet look, so don't use any more than you have to because it will be visible, but should be very helpful.

Good luck! DD shredded two Disney gowns (Belle and Cinderella) in one year in the same spot (where the bodice meets the skirt.) I salvaged what I could from one, but the other I had to get rid of.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter