Please rank non-MK resorts on transport time to MK

Deb....I will respectfully disagree with your post. As I said, we've done it many times. Although I will not chance it any more for BLT unless we were having dinner at CG. But since we are there twice a year a least (splitting our visits between BWV and BLT) we tend to stay closer to the parks adjacent to our Resort.

And to the OP: Sorry to get off-track here; however, we've never been sorry about our DVC purchases (although looking back we WAY overpaid for SSR direct; however, we have been able to go to Alauni twice using those points and feel we got more than our money's worth; and that being said, with the big re-sale market out there, if I get the addonitis bug, I will go resale...we've purchased a number of smaller contracts thru resale).

There has never been a time when a DVC member could freely park at a DVC resort other than the one at which the member was staying absent being able to provide an allowable reason for entry. Getting in to some was never that hard--you could get into SSR by just saying you were going to the DVC models, and at BWV you always had the secondary lot across the street that was open to the public and in the evening you could just say you were going to the boardwalk and easily get entry to the main lot in a number of years past. Contemporary was a restricted parking resort beginning even before DVC began and when BLT went up, the Contemporary rules -- requiring a valid reason such as a restaurant reservation to enter and the 3 hour restriction even if a valid reason -- had long been in effect and applied to BLT including DVC members. Consider: if DVC members always had free parking at any resort, why have the guards at the gates never requested anyone to provide a DVC Member card for entry, which they would do if DVC members had a special rule.

I love BWV and BCV but the bus transportation is not good. A solid 20 minutes a part for busses to MK. The worst tho is the DTD bus. It's really ridiculous.

With that bing said those resorts are my favorite and I suck up the bus issue.

We've also had pretty good luck with BW buses - I know a lot of people haven't, but we have usually found the bus to arrive for gate openings right away (and for MK we always hit rope drop). BW is the first stop, so we get a seat. It then stops at the S&D, so the ride takes a while, but we are up early anyway.

Our luck with AK buses from BW has been less good.

and i thought we were the only ones ;)
we've found BW/MK buses are fine - uncrowded (we even had an entire bus for DD & myself in may), seats available, and frequent (we haven't done MK RDs or closings in years, so our recent experiences are with any other time of day).
we noticed a huge improvement once they stationed a CM at the busstop years ago - they would call if buses were backed up, or there was a crowd waiting.

we're sill not fans of the BW/DTD buses, but have had DTD bus problems at every resort (we just drive there).

and i thought we were the only ones ;)

Aren't you also my "BWV doesn't ever grant my room requests" twin? Because I know there are a few of us, but for most people, buses don't work there, and room requests do. For me, buses work fine, but I might as well spit into the wind as make a room request.

BWV-when we stay there, the BW bus goes directly to MK. Return goes directly to Swan-which we just walk over the bridge to BWV.

But as others-we split stays with BLT (for MK) and an EPCOT resort (for EPCOT/DHS).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter