Please suggest an inexpensive & lightweight stroller for 50 pound child.

How old is your DD? If she is under 1 yr then for her comfort you may want to bring your Graco stroller. If she's over a year and sort of past that baby stage (if you know what I mean) then I would do the umbrella stroller. It's lighter inexpensive if it gets mangled you won't be that upset. And I find umbrella strollers to be quite indestructable. I'd recommend the umbrella stroller. If your dd is in diapers you can take turns carrying a back pack.

Hope this helps:D :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

We've taken just about every type of stroller known to man on our trips to WDW (single full size, single umbrella, double full size front to back, double umbrelle side by side) and have never had any problems gate checking them and getting them back in one piece, not damaged in the least. We usually opt for the full size strollers because they recline and generally have better features than the umbrellas/smaller ones. We have three DDs (6,4 and 1 1/2) and at one point or another, they always want a seat in the stroller. Plus there's all the STUFF we have to carry to keep them happy, LOL!

...DD will be exactly one when we go (are going for her 1st b-day!), so it sounds like why waste the $$ buying another stroller when we can rest assured (hopefully we'll have your positive experiences with baggage handling) we can bring the Graco, have her be comfy, and still get it back in one piece!:D

Thanks so much for the replies!!! So, so helpful is this board!!!

My advice: Go with an umbrella stroller with fairly large wheels. The large wheels are really a "must" with a child this large.

Avoid all lightweight Graco strollers like the plague. I had a fairly expensive ($90 six years ago) Graco Lite-something, and the wheels warped after ONE DAY in the heat of my trunk. The stroller was never "right" again, and they wouldn't do diddly-squat about it.

Anyone find a good umbrella stroller that is taller. I hate having to crouch over with some of them

I have the same problem with umbrella strollers I'm 5'10 and dh is 6'1. I have not seen any umbrella strollers that are comfortable to push. I figure because there so cheap a sore back is the price we have to pay.lol

:p

For the person asking about the Literider.......

We have a Literider that was originally bought with a plan to be left at Disney World at the end of DD's (then 14mo old) first Disney trip. We ended up taking it back home since it came in handy at airports during layovers. (we gate checked it) It has since been to Disney with a 2 1/2yr old and made numerous other day trips including Indy 500, local amusement park, various parades, etc. I haven't noticed any problems with it due to use other than the cup holder area is starting to break where it folds. One of the latches that holds up the back broke on it, but I think that was due to abuse while stored at grandma and grandpas house (think it was dropped while being hung up on garage rafter) I got a free replacement for it off Graco's website. It is so handy to have the canopy, cupholders and large basket also. If you don't mind toting it on/off buses, etc, I say take it, you will be glad you did, as will DD.

For those needing a taller stroller:

I have seen handle extension you can buy for strollers. I think I have seen then in "First Step". But, I am sure other catalog/stores carry them as well

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter