Polynesian Owners Thread/FAQ

Just got our contract package in the mail today. Reading through this thread, thanks for all the good information. I didn't even realize there wasn't a game room or community hall area. Hopefully the kids don't mind much. The game room at POR this May was a ghost town.

Working on plans to stay Sept 11 - 16th this year. Only problem so far is Ohana is booked for dinner the night we prefer.

Just got our contract package in the mail today. Reading through this thread, thanks for all the good information. I didn't even realize there wasn't a game room or community hall area. Hopefully the kids don't mind much. The game room at POR this May was a ghost town.

Working on plans to stay Sept 11 - 16th this year. Only problem so far is Ohana is booked for dinner the night we prefer.

Congrats!!! Just want to say I recently purchased as well and I fear Sept is going to be quite difficult to get right now on points but good luck!

We got the room already, just not O'hana dinner reservation yet. Hoping someone cancels for Sept 12th....

Oh ok, gotcha. I tried to get ohana first thing in the morning at the 180 day mark for November and could only get 9:30pm so I know your stuggle but just keep checking, hopefully something comes through!

Are you headed to PVB this Christmas season?

I am the overall coordinator for the 14th Annual Christmas Tree Exchange at the DVC resorts. At each resort, someone donates a Christmas tree for the room, and someone organizes the exchange so that several families can share the tree.

The link to the tree exchange page with more info can be found here:
http://www.disboards.com/threads/14th-annual-dvc-christmas-tree-exchange.3525901/

We are always looking for more people to share in the fun. :santa:

Poly obscurity rescue. ::yes::

We have our first DVC stay ever in April during the Darkside Marathon week. We are so happy to call this beautiful resort our home!

Liz

Edited to add:

Currently the only DVC with Dole Whips!!!

Liz...you can't get Dole Whips at Aulani? There should be an investigation! ::yes::

Anyway, I thought I'd bump up this thread for you.

Liz...you can't get Dole Whips at Aulani? There should be an investigation! ::yes::

Anyway, I thought I'd bump up this thread for you.

Way to burst my bubble Granny!! I guess it makes (more) sense they have them there too.

I could definitely use a Float right now! Long Run in 78 degrees is just wrong in January. I know most of ya'll would love my issue but this is HORRIBLE for training. :crazy2:

Thanks for the bump too!

Liz

Is Poly the Redheaded stepchild of DVC?

New Poly owner here! We just added on a small 50 point contract at The Poly and already have our first reservation booked for November 1st-6th! DH and I are heading to food & wine and are going to do Lumiere's challenge! So excited :cool1:

Congratulations and Welcome Home to Poly! :yay:pixiedust: Food and Wine is such a great time to go AND run!

Liz

Happy Tuesday!

85 days to go! :hourglass

I am looking at the dates for the 4 runDisney events. I was thinking of switching our 5k next year to February but points costs for April and February are the same. I think all things being equal, I'd pick April and probably move to February if it were to fall in Premiere Season like it does this year. Anyone have opinions? We're cruising in November and January is just 30 days from our December trip so those are out!

Of course Poly will be our first choice to stay!

Liz

We are putting a cruise back on the table for our April trip. I wasn't going to make a room request BUT...Is it possible to request a room close to laundry facilities? Is that a specific Longhouse?

Also is there a charge for DVC laundry? I'm not ready to move to a 1 BR over this but being close would be an awesome thing!

Thanks for the help!

Liz

We are putting a cruise back on the table for our April trip. I wasn't going to make a room request BUT...Is it possible to request a room close to laundry facilities? Is that a specific Longhouse?

Also is there a charge for DVC laundry? I'm not ready to move to a 1 BR over this but being close would be an awesome thing!

Thanks for the help!

Liz

The DVC laundry in located in Moorea. Half of the that long house is lake view, the other half standard view. The Laundry View website, http://www.laundryview.com/disneyworld/ is great to check the time left on a washer or dryer that is in use as well as to see if any are available before you leave your room.

The DVC laundry in located in Moorea. Half of the that long house is lake view, the other half standard view. The Laundry View website, http://www.laundryview.com/disneyworld/ is great to check the time left on a washer or dryer that is in use as well as to see if any are available before you leave your room.

:thanks:

I'll request garden view Moorea or close to laundry then! Just WOW! on the laundry technology. I'm not much for doing housework on vacation but I might have to make an exception this time!

Liz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter