Pooper Scooper Bags?

Wislodgers

Mouseketeer
We just returned from our umpteenth trip to VWL. We had a wonderful trip! (My DMIL loved Soarin' so much she said, "That ride was worth the entire trip!")

While we were down at the quiet pool, a lady turns to me and said, "I am so excited that the Villas are now pet friendly! We always kennel our dog and stay in the main lodge, but next time we are taking our dog with and staying in the Villas!"

I am sure I looked shocked, and I said, "We are DVC members and as far as I know, pets are not allowed at the Villas." She said that she saw someone with a small dog and pointed out that there are pooper scooper bags at the end of the lodge, down by the lake. Sure enough when we went for a soda later, I noticed the pole with the bags.

Why would there be pooper scooper bags? All that we could come up with is that people from the campground walk their dogs on the trail and let them poop in the grass by the hotel. :eek:

Anyone else have any insight into this?

Except for service dogs, pets are not allowed in any of the WDW resorts- except for the campground area at Ft. Wilderness. I'd expect that you are correct- the "doggie bags" are there for those FW guests who are walking their dogs near WL/VWL.

Pets are definitely not allowed in any of the DVC resorts.

I love my 3 Labs, but I would never think of taking them to Disney. This is scary that people want to do this. if you think smoking causes damage to a room, just imagine what a dog in an unfamiliar environment can do to carpets and furniture. Plus the barking at people as they come and go past the door. What would someone want to do this to their pet?

I noticed the bags on our last trip and aked at the front desk what they were for. I was told they are for service animals.

dizfanz said:
I love my 3 Labs, but I would never think of taking them to Disney. This is scary that people want to do this. if you think smoking causes damage to a room, just imagine what a dog in an unfamiliar environment can do to carpets and furniture. Plus the barking at people as they come and go past the door. What would someone want to do this to their pet?
ITA! and I am a dog breeder, owner, exhibitor. Vacation is not a place to take your pet. They can have a wonderful vacation at a kennel near home. Our dogs have a kennel sitter come in, but I often take care of dogs for others, and I can tell you they LOVE coming to the kennel. I'm sure they think it is a resort!

I agree! We have 2 German Shephard Dogs and they LOVE to go to the kennel. We do not feel guilty leaving them. It would not be a vacation for anyone if we took them along!

That makes sense about having the bags for service animals. One flight we took a person had their service dog (a large shephard) in the row right in front of us. Our kids were chatting with the couple and telling them we had shephards also. If we had not seen them get on the plane, we would never have even known there was a dog there. Service animals are so well trained.

It alarmed me that the woman at the pool was so excited thinking she could bring her dog! I did actually see someone with a small dog in a soft sided carrier. They were hard to miss as the dog was yipping and barking. (They were leaving the Villas)

It alarmed me that the woman at the pool was so excited thinking she could bring her dog! I did actually see someone with a small dog in a soft sided carrier. They were hard to miss as the dog was yipping and barking. (They were leaving the Villas)
At that point, I probably would have gone to the front desk and questioned it. Did you happen to see what unit they went into or out of?

No, I did not see what unit they came out of. I passed them on the sidewalk going to the bus stops. I pretty certain they had come from the Villa walkway, but I am not positive.

I do not think they could have walked through the main lobby, as anyone would have heard the dog barking. I had hoped that they just checked in and were now on their way over to drop the dog off at the kennels.........

My understanding is that VWL is the official hurricane resort for CMs on the "ride-out crew". That is, when CMs volunteer to stay through a hurricane, their families get put up at VWL and can bring their pets with them. This is all an incentive to get CMs to volunteer to "ride out" the hurricane-after all, the guests still have to be fed, housekeeping, maintenance, etc. And it is getting in to hurricane season (Dennis reminded me!) I'm not positive of all this, but I read somewhere that this is the case.

WebmasterDoc said:
Except for service dogs, pets are not allowed in any of the WDW resorts- except for the campground area at Ft. Wilderness. I'd expect that you are correct- the "doggie bags" are there for those FW guests who are walking their dogs near WL/VWL.

Pets are definitely not allowed in any of the DVC resorts.
Just to expand on this a little, at the Campground, pets are ONLY allowed in the campground loops designated for campers with pets.

Only a few of the loops are designated for pets. All other loops do not allow pets and thus are the same as a regular resort.

Nor are pets allowed in the common areas of the campground.

If you bring a pet with you in your own camper, you must confine the pet to the pet loops.

If you're not familiar with the campground, picture it with one main road going through from start to end. Off of this road are loops, or roads that go back into the woods and loop around and come out very close to where they first went in. These are the loops, and they probably have about 30-40 camping sites in each loop. The loops are numbered, so when you are assigned a camping site, you are assigned both a loop number, and a site within that particular loop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter