Pop Century Alligators???

we were there in may and went to the hourglass lake several MORNINGS
and we never saw any gators

Hi Dis people!

I have been lurking here (member elsewheres) for awhile and this thread made me register! I had to chime in... I'm from CA and we saw a mouse (yep, a real one) or two at DL this summer but a GATOR???? Now that's PURE FLORIDA baby! MAN I'd like to see that! Something else to look forward to. Thanks and I REALLY hope to see a picture from somebody about this phenonmenon soon! I hear you people are the BEST.

Sincerely,
Melissa
:thumbsup2

Last year I told my husband they had gators at Disney. He did not believe me, I hate them and scared out of my mind. I realize that in Florida there can be gators in any water, this is why I stay out of everything but the pools at Disney. I have seen pics of people right on the water at the Poly etc, no way would I do that they could come right up and get you..:rolleyes1

Last year I told my husband they had gators at Disney. He did not believe me, I hate them and scared out of my mind. I realize that in Florida there can be gators in any water, this is why I stay out of everything but the pools at Disney. I have seen pics of people right on the water at the Poly etc, no way would I do that they could come right up and get you..:rolleyes1

Like said before, if it is a body of water and it's in Fl or GA or SC or NC well then it has gators. If you go out early before your fellow resort guest start making noise, look in the area with reeds. You usually can only see two eyes above the water.

Panama City is where you have to go to see these boys.:eek: YOU GO SHARYN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banana:

Like said before, if it is a body of water and it's in Fl or GA or SC or NC well then it has gators. If you go out early before your fellow resort guest start making noise, look in the area with reeds. You usually can only see two eyes above the water.

: YOU GO SHARYN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banana:
\

Is that person aware the gator is there? I would be screaming! Is the gator mad or just happening to be swimming by?

WHOA HOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! :scared1: I love that picture! No, I"m not a fan of getting my leg snapped but I am a HUGE fan of nature and that is AWE-S-O-M-E! Thank you SO much for the fabulous real life safari cruise photo!

Melissa
(now just to clarify, this pic is NOT from a Dis place, right?)

You can clearly see around the alligator that it has been added to the photo. Not trying to argue with you, but this is a photoshoped pic. :flower3:

Yep, have to agree with you there. You don't even have to blow the pic up to see the image distortion on the gator edges.

You can clearly see around the alligator that it has been added to the photo. Not trying to argue with you, but this is a photoshoped pic. :flower3:

So now I do have egg on my face.:sad1:

It is PhotoShopped. I emailed her after the photo was in questions. I guess I have to learn to read.

Sorry all.

So now I do have egg on my face.:sad1:

It is PhotoShopped. I emailed her after the photo was in questions. I guess I have to learn to read.

Sorry all.

You have nothing to be sorry about, it wasn't your photo. :grouphug:

On the topic of it though, you can also see around the front of her canoe that the water is fairly clear, yet you cannot see any of the alligators snout under the water in that area.

I was at POP last week and walked all over the property....but alas did not see one aligator. However, I did see a duck swimming in the Hippy Dippy Pool....so certainly there is a bit of "animal kingdom" at that resort:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter