Pop Century Alligators???

JRLINK3

Mouseketeer
I've heard rumors about Alligators being in the Hour Glass Lake behind Pop Century. :eek: Has anyone seen them? Are there any kinds of safety barriers? This is our first time at Pop Century, so I have no idea. Although, it would be pretty cool to see an alligator!

any time you see a body of water in florida you can rest asured there are gators in the water disney included. don't worry about the gators they will leave you alone just don't jump in hourglass lake!:goodvibes

WE have stayed there the past 4 years and I've never seen anything bigger than a duck in the lake.. I'm more worried about the snakes( have not seen them either) they are much smaller and you could be right on top of one and not see him till it's too late.:scared1:

I HOPE I'M NOT THAT BLIND THAT I WOULD NOT SEE A 'GATOR:scared:

In the "tell me something I didn't know about pop" thread ( or named somthing like that) they talk about them. I didn't see them when I was there, but i didn't look either. I think they said they are more visable in the early mornings. Personally I am going to pretend they aren' there! LOL :goodvibes

There are almost certainly some there. As there are in Fronteirland, the Rivers of DAK, and WS Lagoon (well, with all the fireworks, maybe NOT in there anymore). It's just a part of life, and they are pretty calm if you don't provoke them or invade their nests (which they would not make near heavily populated areas.

And, the previous poster is right. If you want to see them, get up a bit earlier on a sunny day. They should be absorbing some rays on the banks.

We are staying at the POP in October, if we are up early enough and see alligators we will take a picture and post it here !

I don't know about POP, but there are alligators occasionally in the Sassgagoula River that runs from POR to DTD. I have heard a couple of times from the boat captains that when WDW staff do see alligators, they try to move them away from WDW property...I don't know if that holds true for all WDW water areas, or just that river because of the river traffic, and the danger of hurting an alligator??

When I did Backstage Tour in March the question of alligators came up. They "relocate" gators as they see them. If they are under 6', they stay on Disney property somewhere (a sanctuary, they said). If they are over 6', they are relocated to the Everglades.

Hello, WDW Reservations ???... I'd like to be booked in a "NON 'GATOR" RESORT PLEASE !!!!!":lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Hi, I have seen and have pics of the one that is/was at the BCV. I have not seen it in the last year or so. But it has been dicussed on the DVC boards. Joan

been there twice last year only birds and some turtles...no gators

When I stayed at Coronado Springs last year, I saw an alligator in the lake a couple of times. They kind of just sit there and mind their own business. The kids loved looking for the alligator and even named him Al.

When I think of the one time I was at WDW BEFORE there were water parks.
All they had was "River Country".. Alligators were NOT even on my Radar... :scared1: Snakes, Fish... Crawdads... Yes...

:scared: Ok... Move on Girl...
Like I said Earlier...

Hello, WDW Reservations ???... I'd like to be booked in a "NON 'GATOR" RESORT PLEASE !!!!!":lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Last Sept. we spent a week at POP. Our room was near the bridge so we went there several times. DH is a smoker and he went there for many cigarette breaks. We saw lots of turtles - some as big as 3 ft. long. But no alligators.

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

I think it would be cool seeing Gators in the Pop lake. ;) All I have ever seen is fish, ducks, and turtles. :sad2:

honestly, i wouldn't sweat it. usually they are not aggressive animals. keep your hands out of their mouth and you'll be fine...

Seriously, I went to the University of Louisiana at Lafayette and we have a lake in the middle of campus and there are many gators in it. there is no barrier so they are free to roam, but they never bother anyone.

I've seen one under a bridge near Splash Mountain, but having stayed 3 times at the Pop Century I don't recall seeing any. I wouldn't worry to much, they stay away from most people. Just don't go poking them with a stick and you will be ok. ;)

And don't feed them! That whole associating-people-with-food thing may turn some future mousekateer into Lunch!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter