POP CENTURY ... LAST WEEK of SEPT. 07 MEET

Princess April, I have a bag of various medications that I always take on vacation and I believe I used each and every one with the exception of the high grade pain medication this trip. I am allergic to paying a fortune for medications at the Resort shop. Sorts of adds insult to injury. :scared1:

keliblue, I only feel badly that I did not have something for everyone. I am in awe of those who were able to make up things for everyone. I barely was able to pack underwear this trip. Older equals slower. :dance3:

minnieandme, I would never hurt anyone on purpose but I mess up so very often. I hear enough to get INTO trouble but not enough to get OUT. :)

heath-and-javens-mom, you are most welcome as well. Mickey's Fan sure did add a new twist to this DIS thing. I added the laminated LGM that some kind soul left on my door to my lanyard. I am thinking of attaching a few dozen to my vacation purse for higher visiblity although some one commented that I was the first "OBVIOUS" Diser they had ever met. Gee, I thought I was a quiet and understated type of person. :rotfl:

SG/Linda

so where are the pics i want to see how much fun you had and you made me so jealous talking lecell steakhouse but i am goin with my family in march can't wait

lovemickeyshouse, I am so sorry to report that I was not able to take many pictures. Not having a panaramoic camera I could not get all the beautiful gals in their string bikinis in one shot and could not bear to leave anyone out.:)

A wonderful time was had by all and it was great to put faces with screen names and the fantastic thing was that each and every one was exactly what I had imagined as they were so accurate in portraying themselves on line. :surfweb:

Truth is, I did ask about you though. BTW, you now join ME as a 'former' radio show host? What happened?:confused:

Slightly Goofy

Please Listen....anyone who knows AKsunshine!!!!

She called me today and had some terriable news, Her family was in a car accident last week...her and Her husband are suffering some head injuries, Alexis, her daughter is okay, but sadly her youngest, Levi passed away in the wreck:sad1: She askes that everyone her PLEASE send prayers her way.
She said she wanted to go try to find a mickey mouse for his casket because he was Levis favorite and I have offered to drive down and give her the one we purchased while in disney , the large year of a million dreams mickey. So i will see her next week. As I sit here in tears I ask that you all Please say a prayer for this family--- I cant even imagine what they are going threw right now.

She called me today and had some terriable news, Her family was in a car accident last week...her and Her husband are suffering some head injuries, Alexis, her daughter is okay, but sadly her youngest, Levi passed away in the wreck:sad1: She askes that everyone her PLEASE send prayers her way.
She said she wanted to go try to find a mickey mouse for his casket because he was Levis favorite and I have offered to drive down and give her the one we purchased while in disney , the large year of a million dreams mickey. So i will see her next week. As I sit here in tears I ask that you all Please say a prayer for this family--- I cant even imagine what they are going threw right now.

She's in my prayers.... as is the whole family... I feel so sad for all of them, I couldn't even imagine... as you said... what they must be going thru .... I will keep them in my prayers and please send her my love :grouphug:

I am sorry to hear the tragic news that is just way unreal and very devasting to hear i really feel bad now as i just booked a trip today to be in the world for the prehalloween week and won't feel alone after reading this tragic sad news.

I'm so :sad1: to hear such devastating news. Please let her know that she and her family are in our hearts, thoughts, and prayers :sad1:

I already posted in your trip report, but please pass on how sorry I am. I can't imagine what they are going through. Her family is in my thoughts & prayers. Please give her a big hug. :sad1:

I posted on her pre-trip -

I was so shocked, I turned and told my 10 year old daughter - BIG MISTAKE! She is bawling her eyes out. (Bad Mommy, Bad Mommy) I didn't get to talk with Alicia for very long, but they were just down the hall from me and the first to sign my poster. I feel so bad for them. I'm glad they got a Disney trip as a big happy family.

Please let her know that my family is extending their thoughts and prayers to their family in this difficult time. Also, send her :grouphug: .
God Bless....
Ingannamorte Family

Thank you so much for calling today to let me know. I haven't had a chance to get online as much as I'd like this past week since getting home, but I have definitely had everyone in my thoughts since I feel like we have gotten to know eachother so well. As a mom, I can't imagine what she is having to go through & she is in my thoughts & prayers. My heart goes out to her & her family.

Okay I could kick myself right now because I was sooo distrot yesterday that I told you the wrong name!! Alicias daughters name is Isabelle, not Alexis...Im so sorry I got her daughters name mixed up with another Dissers daughters name....My aplogies.

Update!
Talked with Alicia, Her and Matt are still in the hospital, but she sounds good, she said she doesnt think this has all really hit her yet, and she is afraid that when she returns home it will all hit at once. She thanks you all for your prayers and condolenses. She has family there with her allmost non-stop and everyone has offered to help with Isabelle. Alicia did say she talked to Isabelle about what happened to Levi, but she doesnt think it sunk in. All and all she is Doing Extreamly well givin the situation and she is truely an insperation to me ...Im not so sure I would be holding up as well as she is!

The driver that hit them was a 19 year old but they do not think alcohol played a factor in this accident. She said they were in the intersection trying to turn when the light turned yellow and this truck just came barreling threw the light, hitting on Alica, and Levis side, Harder towards the back, right where levis seat was. The doctors looked Isabelle over and soon after realesed her with miner bruises but held Alica for head injuries, Then while Matt was sitting with Alicia in teh hospital the doctor noticed Brain fluid in his ear so he immidaiatly admitted him as well......They both are doing well though and I think they will recover fine from there injuries *crossing fingers*.

I will PM those of you that wanted her address for cards and flowers.

Here is an artical I found on the internet...It says they were realsed wich they were but then they were admitted at a different hospital..........
BOY DIES AFTER ACCIDENT
October 09, 2007 - The 16 month old boy involved in an accident Sunday afternoon in Jasper has died. Jasper Police tell WITZ News, Levi Winkler died shortly after 10am Monday at Kosair Children's Hospital. He suffered injuries in a two vehicle accident at State Road 56 and St. Charles Street. His mother, Alicia, 26, and his father, Matthew, 27, suffered injuries and were first taken to Memorial Hospital then LifeFlighted to University Hospital in Louisville. U of L Hospital officials tell WITZ News Alicia and Matthew Winkler were discharged from the hospital this (Tuesday) morning. Isabella Winkler, 5, suffered only minor injuries. Adam Beier, 18, of Jasper ran the red light at State Road 56 and St. Charles and collided with the driver's side of Winkler's vehicle. Beier suffered a leg injury and was also charged with Disregarding an automatic traffic signal.

Okay I could kick myself right now because I was sooo distrot yesterday that I told you the wrong name!! Alicias daughters name is Isabelle, not Alexis...Im so sorry I got her daughters name mixed up with another Dissers daughters name....My aplogies.

Update!
Talked with Alicia, Her and Matt are still in the hospital, but she sounds good, she said she doesnt think this has all really hit her yet, and she is afraid that when she returns home it will all hit at once. She thanks you all for your prayers and condolenses. She has family there with her allmost non-stop and everyone has offered to help with Isabelle. Alicia did say she talked to Isabelle about what happened to Levi, but she doesnt think it sunk in. All and all she is Doing Extreamly well givin the situation and she is truely an insperation to me ...Im not so sure I would be holding up as well as she is!

The driver that hit them was a 19 year old but they do not think alcohol played a factor in this accident. She said they were in the intersection trying to turn when the light turned yellow and this truck just came barreling threw the light, hitting on Alica, and Levis side, Harder towards the back, right where levis seat was. The doctors looked Isabelle over and soon after realesed her with miner bruises but held Alica for head injuries, Then while Matt was sitting with Alicia in teh hospital the doctor noticed Brain fluid in his ear so he immidaiatly admitted him as well......They both are doing well though and I think they will recover fine from there injuries *crossing fingers*.

I will PM those of you that wanted her address for cards and flowers.

Thanks for the update! I went to bed last night sad & my heart breaking for them. I couldn't stop thinking about it, it just made me so sad & I don't know what I would do in that situation. I'm glad to hear that she is doing okay under the circumstances and will continue to pray for their family.

Becky~
I know what you mean, I was upset all day yesterday, couldnt even stop crying. Its just so hard to imagine what there going threw and here just a few weeks ago they were driving down to Disney and were having a blast. Just goes to prove that anything can happen at anytime. Its amazing to me that they drove (as we did) over 2000 miles to disney and were safe, but then a week after they returned home there lives are changed forever. I suppose god wanted to let them have one big happy family vacation together before he decided he wanted Levi back.:confused3 Somethings I just dont understand.

heath-and-javens-mom, I just sent you a PM with my info as I live not too far from Louisiville. Let me know if there is something I can do even if it is just to give a hug or listen.

I have known Sunshine for quite awhile. Very special family.

There are no words. None. Heartbreaking.

SG/Linda

Just wanted to check in & see how everyone is doing. I know it has been a couple of sad days here. I hope everyone is doing okay :)

Things are bad everywhere in the world i hear more sad stories everyday and i even talked on my radio show this morning about the safety in autos maybe this tragic event can get the ball rolling on laws being changed to prevent this from happening again.

Okay- I have put a link in my siggy to a PRAYER thread for Alicia, Matt, Isabelle, and there loss of Baby Levi. If you have already left a prayer, poem, or thoughts on this thread please feel free to copy them from this thread and paste them over on that thread. I just thought it may be a little more organized this way, and she will be able to find all the messages in one thread rather than 3 threads. Please keep praying for them and I will update everyone as soon as I hear something.:grouphug:

I am trully at a loss.. I can't even comprehend what I am hearing :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: I read this last night and was so upset, I couldn't even reply :guilty: Instead , my whole family went to evening mass and lit candles.. Know that we love you and are thinking of you every minute

keliblue

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter