POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #9~November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
To follow up all our stuff was fine. We have been pleased so far with housekeeping. We were less than impressed with whoever is in charge of kids bed rails. We had them requested on our reservation. Arrived at hotel at 8. No rails. Called down said they would bring some up. Never arrived. Kids had to sleep up against us bc we were afraid they would fall off. Also our flight arrived at 6:30 and we didn't get our luggage until after 11. Not sure what the standard is at pop but at French quarter they are always in our room waiting when we arrive. We are only on day three of our trip so I'll have to report back later on how the rest of our trip goes.

What time did you arrive at the resort? I know it is 3 - 4 hours after check in, so if you did not check in until 730 or so, 11 is about right...

Last time we were at Pop (Sept. 2012), our room had a "smell". Couldn't decide if it was musty or cigarette smoke. After enjoying our first evening at the parks, we came back and decided to ask for a room change. Took about 20 minutes and the help of a manager, but they found us a new room. No problems after that.

Other than that, we've enjoyed both our stays at Pop.

To follow up all our stuff was fine. We have been pleased so far with housekeeping. We were less than impressed with whoever is in charge of kids bed rails. We had them requested on our reservation. Arrived at hotel at 8. No rails. Called down said they would bring some up. Never arrived. Kids had to sleep up against us bc we were afraid they would fall off. Also our flight arrived at 6:30 and we didn't get our luggage until after 11. Not sure what the standard is at pop but at French quarter they are always in our room waiting when we arrive. We are only on day three of our trip so I'll have to report back later on how the rest of our trip goes.

The first time I requested bed rails I had it noted on the reservation and when we got to the room they weren't there. I stopped at the front desk a little later on my way back from the food court and asked about them. The front desk called "whoever" and the bed rails were in the room before we walked back to it. From that point on, I didn't bother noting them on the reservation, I just requested them at check-in and they were always in the room by the time we got our luggage out of the car and got to the room, or shortly after. The best way to get what you need is to actually walk to the front desk as phone calls are routed to an off-site call center.

What time did you arrive at the resort? I know it is 3 - 4 hours after check in, so if you did not check in until 730 or so, 11 is about right...

I think we were to the resort by 7:30 or 8:00. Luggage came after 11. I guess we just didn't expect it since at French quarter it was literally in our room when we arrived.

Positive note we've been pleased with the cleaning people. We love our location, top floor, 70s facing lake. Gorgeous view of fireworks. Staff has been really friendly. Buses have been good.

The negative has been the food. We have ended up doing dinner here twice and both were pretty dismal.

I think we were to the resort by 7:30 or 8:00. Luggage came after 11. I guess we just didn't expect it since at French quarter it was literally in our room when we arrived.

Positive note we've been pleased with the cleaning people. We love our location, top floor, 70s facing lake. Gorgeous view of fireworks. Staff has been really friendly. Buses have been good.

The negative has been the food. We have ended up doing dinner here twice and both were pretty dismal.

It's possible when you stayed at French Quarter your luggage may have come in on an earlier flight than you. We have had that happen before. From what we were told, if an earlier flight has space they sometimes will do this if your flight has a weight issue. I guess sometimes our luggage isn't just laying around the airport while we wait 1 hour + to board our flight.:confused3

Which do most people feel is better. Having the luggage sent from the airport or going to baggage claim and getting it yourself. I love the convince of having it transferred but a little nervous if there's a problem. We are staying at POP next Sept and hoping to arrive at the resort by 11am. I've been to Disney many times but we're taking a family that has never been and I'm hoping everything goes smoothly. So far, in all the trips I've been the only luggage problem I had was having it transferred from pofq to por. Our luggage was picked up from our room at 7am and we didn't get it till 8pm that night. And the only reason I got it was I had to go to the desk and complain. When we arrived back from the parks at 6pm at that point it was still at bell service at pofq. These two resorts are within walking distance of each other so I didn't know why it should have taken so long.

Which do most people feel is better. Having the luggage sent from the airport or going to baggage claim and getting it yourself. I love the convince of having it transferred but a little nervous if there's a problem. We are staying at POP next Sept and hoping to arrive at the resort by 11am. I've been to Disney many times but we're taking a family that has never been and I'm hoping everything goes smoothly. So far, in all the trips I've been the only luggage problem I had was having it transferred from pofq to por. Our luggage was picked up from our room at 7am and we didn't get it till 8pm that night. And the only reason I got it was I had to go to the desk and complain. When we arrived back from the parks at 6pm at that point it was still at bell service at pofq. These two resorts are within walking distance of each other so I didn't know why it should have taken so long.

If you're arriving at 11am I would definitely let the ME take care of your luggage. Just pack what you might need for the day in your carry on. :goodvibes

We're arriving at 5:30 pm and we're letting ME take our luggage. We're going out once we get checked in, so it should arrive before we get back.

It's possible when you stayed at French Quarter your luggage may have come in on an earlier flight than you. We have had that happen before. From what we were told, if an earlier flight has space they sometimes will do this if your flight has a weight issue. I guess sometimes our luggage isn't just laying around the airport while we wait 1 hour + to board our flight.:confused3

Nope there were only two flights out of our town that day, morning and afternoon so our luggage had to be on our afternoon flight. In guessing we just got lucky and maybe bc FQ is a smaller resort?

We arrived at POP last night around 6:45pm and was happy to be home. They had us assigned to a King bed in the 80's but actually decided to change it since we prefer the 50's. This switch, even though it's 2 doubles which is ok with us as that's what we have at home, was actually a good move. We are in building 3, 2nd floor and our room is pretty much the end room by the stairs so it's literally 10 feet from the the food court. We always request 50's building 1 but are always at the far end of the building. This closeness makes up for the King Bed, lol. We ate at the food court last night and it wasn't to busy even though it was a Saturday night. The pool was great, it was nice and relaxing. I wasn't happy that our luggage didn't arrive till almost midnight, they said due to the weather they were delayed. Oh well we have it now. Overall it was a great arrival day as usual. :)

This has probably been asked many times but.... Are the washers and dryers coin or card operated? Thanks

This has probably been asked many times but.... Are the washers and dryers coin or card operated? Thanks

Coin. Quarters - $2.00 a load, there is a bill to coin change machine in the laundry room. (also vending machines with soap, bleach, dryer sheets - we pack tide pods & dryer sheets) ;)

6 days until we arrive! :cheer2::cool1: Still haven't begun to pack or any of the boring stuff I need to do before we leave. (countdown ticker is wrong by one day and didn't want to fix it lol)

Who do you call ? Pop Resort number to request rooms ? I have two rooms booked and would like to have them side by side. I'm 33 days out .
I called Disney, and they said I should request it when I get to the resort. I was thinking it may be too late to ask for it then.

Sorry, I've been off line so I'm not sure if this has been answered. Call the reservation center and ask if a Travel With number can be added to both reservations. That identifies it to the room assigners.

I'm back from my stay at Pop! Is there a separate thread for posting pictures of Pop, or is it okay for me to share them here? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter