POP's latest&greatest Frig Swap (still have openings)

brymolmom

DIS Veteran
This swap is STILL GOING STRONG thanks to Disneydaz and a lot of helpful DIS'ers...Check out page 25 for the most recent list of availability and page 18 for the run down on how this works.

I'm interested if we could make it work.
Don't know what we'd do about the 4 day lag though...

We will be there from 9-23 until 10-1 and are interested. How does it work? We did a stroller swap years ago.

I'd be interested in 9/2-9/9 if my other swap doesn't work out...of course in that case it would have to be ordered instead of picked up since I'm flying...I know you guys were planning to pick it up though.

OK - if everyone is agreeable to picking up or dropping off a little early/late - we could do this:

dizneydaz - picking up on 9/9 until 9/19
brymolmom - 9/19 - 9/26
ceecee - 9/26 (early) - 10/1
bfila- 10/1 - 10/7
disneybound - 10/7 - 13

ceecee - I know that only gives it to you for your last 6 days...would that be alright?

This would be GREAT because we could do personal hand-offs without having to worry about POP getting mad if we ask them to store it.

KatelynnsAuntie said:
I'd be interested in 9/2-9/9 if my other swap doesn't work out...of course in that case it would have to be ordered instead of picked up since I'm flying...I know you guys were planning to pick it up though.

I would lov eto have you too - but dizneydaz agreed to do the pickup...

Oh yeah - and for those asking how this works - basically we're all splitting the cost of buying a mini-frig for our room. Dizneydaz will pick it up at Walmart so we'll all send Dizneydaz our part of the $.

I'm guessing right now we'd be at $10 - $15 per family (if we do it per family not per day) - but if we get one or two more at the end - that would bring the cost way down.

brymolmom said:
Dizneydaz and I have started yet another frig swap for POP.

So far we have:
Dizneydaz 9/9-9/19
brymolmom 9/19-9/26

Anyone else interested?

Don't all Disney Hotels have mini fridges in them. I thought Disney put them in about a year ago.

brymolmom said:
OK - if everyone is agreeable to picking up or dropping off a little early/late - we could do this:

brymolmom - 9/19 - 9/26
bfila- 10/1 - 10/7
disneybound - 10/7 - 13

ceecee - I know that only gives it to you for your last 6 days...would that be alright?

This would be GREAT because we could do personal hand-offs without having to worry about POP getting mad if we ask them to store it.

I'm totally in and have paypal account already to send the $ (to dizneydaz?) Bfila- you can PM me if you want and we can arrange handoff when it gets closer to time. Will be at POP verrry early 10/7. :banana:

Yep! I'm in if ceecee agrees with the plans. Let me know what to do and I'll do my part.

I will be at POP 10/27 through 11/17 and am VERY interested. :cool1: I am flying and using ME was trying to figure out a way to get a ride to Wal*Mart to pick up a fridge and just "gift" it to mousekeeping or something when I left....if I could get in on this I would be willing to pay more since I would be using it for 21 days I don't do PayPal anymore but would be willing to send a postal money order asap ! PM or post here whoever can help me THANKS ! Ruthie

We will be there from November 23rd thru the 26th and then moving to the BWV until December 1st. We would only need it for the 23rd thru the 26th...but could hold it a bit longer if someone wanted to come get it from us later...

I don't know if that is too far from the currant arrangements.....

brymolmom said:

brymolmom - 9/19 - 9/26
bfila- 10/1 - 10/7
disneybound - 10/7 - 13

:guilty: Guys, I have to pull out. I'm very sorry. THe other fridge swap I had originally agreed to be a part of was falling through and I misunderstood a post... long story short I have to honor the first fridge swap because they are NOT disbanding and I was mistaken. Looks like no one was behind me on teh chart so far so maybe someone else has room now to step in.

Still looking for someone 10/13 - 10/27 timeframe - not sure if that time lapse is too large to ask POP to hold or maybe disneybound could offer it to their neighbor at POP the day before they leave to 'store it' for luvchefmic (as long as they're willing to do the handoff on 10/27).

Anyone?? Anyone?? Come on - I KNOW you're out there.

If we could fill these couple gaps, it would be pretty cheap for everyone.

We also haven't heard from ceecee to see if they're still in agreement.

Let's get this finalized.

Our dates are actually 9-22 until 9-30 (we couldn't get the Sunday flight). Do we pay per day??

okay- I guess with someone pulling out, we're back to needing takers in October...10/7 until 10/27. Lots of room.

Care to join?

This list is no longer valid-see current list on page 50 or clink link below-bottom of signature-Thanks

REVISED 8/28/ 8:45 a.m. pst

Hi everyone-sorry I don't take Paypal. I'll PM info in few days.

Brymolmom-thanks for the help in getting more families, I just found your thread a few minutes ago. You're getting more response on the Budget Boards than I am on Resorts. I've resolved the conflict .

This is now the official site to join on.

This is what I have so far (if everyone holds):

REVISED 8/28 10:22 a.m. pst
THESE ARE DATES FOR 2007
Dizneydaz 9/9 to 9/19 Confirmed
Brymolmom 9/19 to 9/26 Confirmed
Ceecee 9/22 to 10/1
Bfila 9/30 to 10/7 Confirmed
AVAILABLE 10/7 to 10/19
dwoct06 10/19 to 10/21
Brattink 10/21 to 10/27 (10/28)
Luvchefmic 10/27 to 11/17 Confirmed
AVAILABLE 11/17 to 11/23
Popisme 11/23 to 11/26
AVAILABLE 11/26 to 12/18
Mbb 12/18 to 12/26

ADDED-I picked up a package of cleaner wipes and a box of baking soda that I'll leave in the frig. I'm going to put the baking soda in a ziploc with a few small holes in it. I'm also going to have a roll of mailing tape (the clear kind) so the box can be flattened and then put back together if it needs to be held at POP storage.

Dizneydaz- I was thinking you were getting more response on the Resorts thread. I did realize the conflict, but I thought that the disneybound pull-out of this one kind of negated it.

And since you are the one getting the frig I figure that your thread takes priority. We just need to decide to let everyone know.

With the low response to this one and other POP frig's still looking for dates to fill - Not sure how a 2nd one would turn out...let's stay with one for now until we get the price down a little.

We had a late night response on the resorts thread last night. BratTink wants it 10/21 - 10/28. I'll post a response there sending BratTink to look here.

After that - DizneyDaz - why don't you ask for PM's from everyone who is DEFINITELY in and ready to send some $...I know ceecee was 'confirmed' but I'm not sure about bfila. Maybe we could give it to the first ones to respond in as confirmed?

If we had something from the 10/10 - 10/20 timeframe...we could be all set thru October. Anyone?? :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter