POR v CBR for family of 5

So are the CBR rooms really bigger than POR? I cant' find any floor plans that support that.

Yes. Lots of online resources assume all the Moderates are the same size. CBR was the first resort built after the original Deluxes as a less expensive option so they made the rooms just a little smaller. During the last refurb at CBR I saw one of the room plans taped to the window that had all the measurements and total square footage, 344.

The only floor plans I can find have them at 314 sq feet. So I don't know what I am missing here?
You are right that googling, most of the floorplans I'm seeing say 314. It's here on the CBR thread it says 340, and I'm guessing that's accurate because like I mentioned, there is room for drawers next to the murphy bed at CBR but not at Riverside. I wouldn't choose a resort based on that unless the extra drawer space is important, because you really can't tell when you are in the room.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...efurb-updates-new-pics.3461094/#post-54687522

You are right that googling, most of the floorplans I'm seeing say 314. It's here on the CBR thread it says 340, and I'm guessing that's accurate because like I mentioned, there is room for drawers next to the murphy bed at CBR but not at Riverside. I wouldn't choose a resort based on that unless the extra drawer space is important, because you really can't tell when you are in the room.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...efurb-updates-new-pics.3461094/#post-54687522
Ok, that is interesting. It is not that much space at all, maybe that is why I didn't notice before.

I agree that I would choose CBR over POR, due to the larger room and Skyliner. The Skyliner is truly a game changer. CBR is also walking distance to Riviera, which has some nice dining options.

However, I do think it will be crowded with kids those ages. If they were little kids, might be a different story. Have you considered a split stay between Dolphin and CBR? Or even CBR and a deluxe resort? You'd still save some money with the split stay, still be onsite to take advantage of those benefits, but would only have to put up with the smaller room and murphy bed for part of the trip.

Have you given any thought to the Dolphin resort? The rooms are bigger than the rooms at POR and CBR at 360 square feet. The Dolphin does allow 5 in a room, you can either bring an air mattress or rent a rollaway. You do miss out on Magical Express, but you still get to book FPs at 60 days out. And you get the awesome location of being right next to Epcot and the Boardwalk.

I'm partial to POR aesthetically wise, however I would agree with others that the skyliner is amazing. We most recently stayed at Pop, and loved the convenience of the skyliner (this is coming from someone who swore she would never ride one!).

Regarding the pull down beds... I think someone fitting vs sleeping are 2 very different things. If they move a lot in their sleep it will be uncomfortable.

As others have suggested I would book 2 rooms at Pop, and request connecting rooms, understanding this caveat that it's a request, and not a guarantee.

2 Pop rooms give you the skyliner, 2 queen beds and 2 bathrooms.

As others have mentioned discounts are out now through the end of August so re-check your dates & rates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter