Post -Trip Report. Photos on page 9 and 10 - 4/29/2010-05/02/2010

The nice thing is for the west coast, a 3 day park hopper around 169 per person and some of the hotels in the area are nice, clean and cheap. We booked a really nice Motel 6 (hey, it's a place to sleep and shower) for only $45 a night and it's a 15 minute walk to the front gates. So the trip shouldn't cost you a lot if you do it right.

VERY good to know!!!!!! I'm hoping we can do a 10 day trip that year!!! ;)

I enjoyed DL the one time I went...which was for Gay Day in 1997...haven't been there since...but I do plan on taking DP there at least once... :)

The only thing I didn't like was that it was so much smaller....otherwise, loved it...

DL has one of my fave rides-
Indiana Jones' Temple of the Forbidden Eye :banana:

I enjoyed DL the one time I went...which was for Gay Day in 1997...haven't been there since...but I do plan on taking DP there at least once... :)

The only thing I didn't like was that it was so much smaller....otherwise, loved it...

Yeah it is much smaller, but the funny thing is that DL has something like 10 additional attractions more than MK and space in unused back areas of the park, that are going to be expanded with new attractions within the next 10 years I read recently.

DL has one of my fave rides-
Indiana Jones' Temple of the Forbidden Eye :banana:
We LOVE Indian Jones, although it can be a bit rough. Reminds me of the Dino ride at AK.

We LOVE Indian Jones, although it can be a bit rough. Reminds me of the Dino ride at AK.

Yup, exactly my thought on the ride....

And Mike, I miss 20,000 LUtS at WDW.... :( Nemo didn't exist when I was living in CA....

Finding Nemo the Subs! :thumbsup2

Love that one too. Many purists hated the fact that they made it Nemo themed, but the original was themed after 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea. :rolleyes1

It was funny when I took Steven on the EPCOT ride. He thought it was going to be underwater like DL's.

I NEVER did 20,000 leagues, always afraid to go in a small enclosed area. PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: But my fam LOVED it!

I NEVER did 20,000 leagues, always afraid to go in a small enclosed area. PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: But my fam LOVED it!

Back in the mid 70's when my family all went to DL for the first time and rode 20,000 Leagues, my mom paniced because she's claustrophobic. It only lasted while she was stepping down into the subs. Once she was in and watching the show out the portholes, she was fine. The air that blows on the window and your face helped.

Awesome pics-I keep looking at them-wishing I was there right now. :love: Anyway, where did you get the Disneydork t-shirts? I really would love one.

Loved the report - I could NOT have done all that in such a short time! You two look amazing together!

I said it somewhere else.... This pic needs to be framed!

WDW2010-316.JPG

I agree Tony, it's an amazing picture. Very much inlove and very happy! It just shows!;)

Thanks guys. :) Nothing like a couple of Disneydorks with cocktails. Whichi by the way should be the way every day at any Disney park should end. Especially with all the crabby parents and the crying children. lol

The screaming kids is pretty much the equivalent of nails on a chalkboard for me.....................which is why I loves me some Disney DELUXE resortage!!! (That's where the screamers get held in a holding tank until they shut up. :banana: )

The screaming kids is pretty much the equivalent of nails on a chalkboard for me.....................which is why I loves me some Disney DELUXE resortage!!! (That's where the screamers get held in a holding tank until they shut up. :banana: )

Um, no they don't. :sad2:
I think some of the parents at AKL are under the impression that they are all alone, in a remote jungle, where their kids can scream and stomp and run around with wild abandon and nobody will hear them.

Um, no they don't. :sad2:
I think some of the parents at AKL are under the impression that they are all alone, in a remote jungle, where their kids can scream and stomp and run around with wild abandon and nobody will hear them.

I hate to admit it.....but I haven't been to AKL yet. :sad2: You're not helping me want to go. :lmao:

For some reason at the Poly I've seen a lot of parents disciplining their kids if they get loud. Maybe it's a Poly thing. lol

I hate to admit it.....but I haven't been to AKL yet. :sad2: You're not helping me want to go. :lmao:

For some reason at the Poly I've seen a lot of parents disciplining their kids if they get loud. Maybe it's a Poly thing. lol

We were only at the Poly for 2 nights, and it was very nice. I don't remember any loud kids, but for the first 24 hours we were there I was sick so I may have just been so busy dying that I didn't notice them. :rotfl:

AKL is all interior, so when somebody shouts it echoes. If somebody shouts in the lobby it echoes up six floors. And for whatever reason, there is a lot of shouting. But the rooms are relatively quiet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter