Post -Trip Report. Photos on page 9 and 10 - 4/29/2010-05/02/2010

So the big question is: Do you have any desire to see Disneyland Paris, Tokyo or Hong Kong?

I'll admit I'm curious, but I don't think I'd ever go out of my way to plan a trip there. Except Paris, although I wouldn't need Disney as an excuse to visit there!

Despite asking twice, I'll go ahead and only answer once. ;)

We have a huge desire to visit Disneyland Paris. From what I've read and heard people talk about on the forums and all the photos I've seen, the park looks amazing. They say it's one of the most beautiful out of all of them. So yes on DLP. We have friends that live in Amsterdam and want us to visit and stay with them. We would probably try to incorporate a trip to DLP when we visit them.

Hong Kong, I really don't have much of a desire to, but Tokyo I would if given the chance. Especially to be able to go to Tokyo DisneySea. Whether or not that one happens is another story.

It seems like you had a great time......which I'm glad to hear because for a while I thought you were going to be a bit disappointed due to your preference to DL. :rolleyes1 I started to worry for a while that you wouldn't have any fun.

I love both, but for very different reasons. DL has several amazing attractions that are pure "legendary masterpieces" and a lot of nostalgia, where as WDW is more of a "getaway" where you're thrown deep into the confines of this relaxing magical world. (Well......during the slow months anyway.) The resorts are almost like an "attraction" to me too, which I like. :thumbsup2

Welcome home, sugarplum! :wizard:

It seems like you had a great time......which I'm glad to hear because for a while I thought you were going to be a bit disappointed due to your preference to DL. :rolleyes1 I started to worry for a while that you wouldn't have any fun.

I love both, but for very different reasons. DL has several amazing attractions that are pure "legendary masterpieces" and a lot of nostalgia, where as WDW is more of a "getaway" where you're thrown deep into the confines of this relaxing magical world. (Well......during the slow months anyway.) The resorts are almost like an "attraction" to me too, which I like. :thumbsup2

Welcome home, sugarplum! :wizard:

Since I had been and Steven has as well, we knew we wouldn't be disappointed, but didn't honestly know how MUCH we would love it. Would we love it enough to want to come back?

After this visit, I would say yes. DL is still our home park, but we'll definitely come back to WDW, but probably once every couple years. We also want to do a Land/Sea Cruise too. We would probably spend majority of our time at MK and EPCOT and leave the other two alone for the most part. But then again, who knows.

I do like how you feel emersed in the Disney atmosphere, being tied to a resort. And of course the busses being like a ball and chain :rotfl:.

Honestly, I'm not crazy about the amount of time spent on a bus. When you're tired and done, you just want to be in your hotel room and in your bed. I hated having to sit and wait, then the drive back. But that's just us. By the 3rd day, we were so over that aspect. Everything else, we loved and had a wonderful time.

I'm still amazed at the different feel of each coast. You're right, DL has this huge sense of nostalgia and history, especially knowing Walt walked around that park and has an apartment above the firehouse. WDW seemed to have more of corporate feel and obviously the Resort feel, which DL only has slightly but not very much.

After a really long day I can see how the buses would drive anyone nuts. I don't really mind the bus experience after you board, but you're right--the wait time can be a bit much. This is one of the reasons I love staying on the monorail line. :thumbsup2

We are probably the only family I know who are totally fine with the buses. We have never rented a car, so maybe we would like it, but we really enjoy the buses. It is part of the experience for us. If we have somewhere to be that will be a pain to get to by bus we take a cab. There is just something magical about those big purple and white buses. I love them. :love:

We are probably the only family I know who are totally fine with the buses. We have never rented a car, so maybe we would like it, but we really enjoy the buses. It is part of the experience for us. If we have somewhere to be that will be a pain to get to by bus we take a cab. There is just something magical about those big purple and white buses. I love them. :love:

I think it's us. Various family members have gone with us and love the buses. I swear buses magically appear when they walk up to a bus stop. For us it's the opposite. They magically disappear when we arrive:confused3. And I'm not talking peek times, we expect a wait then.

So we gave up and just use the car.

Still lovin the TR, Z!! The part about the photopass kiss picture made me literally go "awww" :thumbsup2 I've never been to DL but definitely want to. I might have to start planning something for 2011 or 12. Glad you had a great trip! I tend to feel the same way about AK and DHS. I'll do them but it may only be 1/2 - 3/4 days. I much prefer MK and EPCOT. The buses can get old, especially after a long day. It's part of what goes into my resort decision. I'm curious to see how this Gay Days trip goes since I'm stuck with buses. I liked the Poly last year b/c I could take the monorail to MK and Epcot. I also liked the Boardwalk area b/c I could walk to Epcot and DHS or take the boat.

Love your TR Z! You are awesome!

Jon and I are DYING to visit DL!

Thanks for sharing and love the pics!

Thanks everyone! I wish I could have gone into more detail about our trip, but once I get back I have a hard time remembering exactly everything, every place, when and where. LOL Memory fades quickly. Gettin' old. ;)

Funny thing about the busses, when it's 7am, we're excited as hell to see our bus due to the anticipation of getting to the park. It's mainly when we have to go back to the hotel. Although I have to say, once we bought our mickey croc's, walking and standing didn't hurt so much.

Funny thing about the busses, when it's 7am, we're excited as hell to see our bus due to the anticipation of getting to the park. It's mainly when we have to go back to the hotel. Although I have to say, once we bought our mickey croc's, walking and standing didn't hurt so much.

Wait!! Did you just admit that you needed more than one pair of shoes?? :lmao::lmao::lmao:

See! Yeah they are fugly - but they are great!

We've both had a pair for quite a while, but never really wore them other than to the store or around the house. Never realized how wonderful they were when walking around MK for 16 hours.

AMAZING TR Z, love it! :thumbsup2 Since we're just 10 hrs away, we drive which keeps us from having to do the bus thing. We did it ONCE last trip, and said, never again. Used our car the whole time. :thumbsup2

Other than the heat sucking the very life outta ya, DW is by far my fav. I really want to take DP to DL someday. I want her to experience both parks. DL is so special, as it was the first. :love: There are things that are different, I LOVE LOVE LOVE POTC in DL, SO much better. I can't wait to visit, and do the newer parks. Last time I was there, DS was 2!! :laughing: I KNOW things have changed.

Thanks for your TR, loved it!!;)

I have 9 or 10 pairs. That's all I wear during the summer.

DH has 3 pairs but he doesn't really wear them much. He says he will wear them at WDW. We'll see. We all get blisters from them at WDW if we don't use the blister stick.

DS doesn't wear his, either. He prefers to wear socks and sneakers, which has to be brutally hot. He has Crocs and sport sandals, but NOOOO. :sad2:

I have 3 pairs, 1 is the sandal and I LOVE them. THE most comfy in the parks!! :thumbsup2

Wait!! Did you just admit that you needed more than one pair of shoes?? :lmao::lmao::lmao:

No missy! I'm just saying that rather than bringing sneakers, I'll just now bring my Mickey Crocs. :) Still only ONE pair of shoes. Now, for DL we'll be going to Club 33 again, so I'm going to be forced to bring a pair of dres shoes and a nice pair of slacks and shirt. I better start planning now.

AMAZING TR Z, love it! :thumbsup2 Since we're just 10 hrs away, we drive which keeps us from having to do the bus thing. We did it ONCE last trip, and said, never again. Used our car the whole time. :thumbsup2

Other than the heat sucking the very life outta ya, DW is by far my fav. I really want to take DP to DL someday. I want her to experience both parks. DL is so special, as it was the first. :love: There are things that are different, I LOVE LOVE LOVE POTC in DL, SO much better. I can't wait to visit, and do the newer parks. Last time I was there, DS was 2!! :laughing: I KNOW things have changed.

Thanks for your TR, loved it!!;)

Thanks honey. I hope you get the chance to take DP to DL. Wait until 2012 when DCA will be completely redone and CarsLand will be complete. Plus, they're in plans to add anywhere between 4-5 new attractions at DL, two of which are going to be e-tickets.

I have 9 or 10 pairs. That's all I wear during the summer.

DH has 3 pairs but he doesn't really wear them much. He says he will wear them at WDW. We'll see. We all get blisters from them at WDW if we don't use the blister stick.

DS doesn't wear his, either. He prefers to wear socks and sneakers, which has to be brutally hot. He has Crocs and sport sandals, but NOOOO. :sad2:

10 pairs!!?? You have a croc fetish. ;)

I wore my pair to the parks on this last trip. I am not a sandle or croc wearer in general, so I wasn't that comfortable in them.

I usually wear my crocs to walk the dog or to do yard work.

"Thanks honey. I hope you get the chance to take DP to DL. Wait until 2012 when DCA will be completely redone and CarsLand will be complete. Plus, they're in plans to add anywhere between 4-5 new attractions at DL, two of which are going to be e-tickets. "

SOOOO amazing you said 2012. Next year DD gets married & DP turns 40. SO after the wedding, we can only do a small trip, like Vegas. That being said, we are tossing around the idea of doing a Pacific Coast trip in 2012.:lovestruc Renting a car and driving down and seeing all the sites. :thumbsup2Finishing up in LA and doing 2 days in DL. Now we HAVE to do it!!! OMG, SOOOO excited!!! :woohoo:

"Thanks honey. I hope you get the chance to take DP to DL. Wait until 2012 when DCA will be completely redone and CarsLand will be complete. Plus, they're in plans to add anywhere between 4-5 new attractions at DL, two of which are going to be e-tickets. "

SOOOO amazing you said 2012. Next year DD gets married & DP turns 40. SO after the wedding, we can only do a small trip, like Vegas. That being said, we are tossing around the idea of doing a Pacific Coast trip in 2012.:lovestruc Renting a car and driving down and seeing all the sites. :thumbsup2Finishing up in LA and doing 2 days in DL. Now we HAVE to do it!!! OMG, SOOOO excited!!! :woohoo:

The nice thing is for the west coast, a 3 day park hopper around 169 per person and some of the hotels in the area are nice, clean and cheap. We booked a really nice Motel 6 (hey, it's a place to sleep and shower) for only $45 a night and it's a 15 minute walk to the front gates. So the trip shouldn't cost you a lot if you do it right.

After the first pair I couldn't seem to stop. :rolleyes1
I WISH the Croc sandals worked for me. None of the styles other than the "traditional" ones fit my feet, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter