Post your car rental dates & rates?

Avis

oct 16th-24th

booked a full size w/ a coupon from the entertainment book for free upgrade to a premuim.

total price w/ taxes= $249.77

i thought that was great!! last year, i paid way over 300.00 for a mid-size!

A question-has anyone ever had a problem with the upgrade not being available when they got to the rental desk and ended up with the before upgrade vehicle at the same cost? I was told to book what I really needed since upgrades were NOT guaranteed.

VinnyNYC, I see you are renting from L&M. Just in case you don't already know, on their website they have a $10 off coupon you can apply towards your rental. Go to programs on the main page and then click on coupons. HTH

Thrifty Car rental
Compact Car
August 25 - September 6 (12 days)
Using Promo code WMRT (10% off)
$19.80/day (includes all taxes and fees!)
Total: $237.66

Just got back

Hertz, first time.

Had a confirmed intermediate, upgraded there to full sized (Taurus)

6/25-6/28
3 days
AAA rate
free weekend day, doubled on some special offer
Total, 3 days, including ALL taxes and fees $19.20 (total, not per day, for 3 days)

National MCO
8 days 12-16 thru 12-24
Intermediate

AEX 5125601
WWEB
ENT -20 Coupon

$214.14 all inclusive.

Hopefully the final rentals for our trip.

Both Alamo, both 8 days in Sept.

Covert. 241.89 total sams coupon and ID
Full size- 180.72 - Associate discount

Just to let you guys know if you have a AMex card you can accrue points to cash in for discounts/gift certs. Last Feb's trip we booked a car at national for 7 days with the entertainment book coupon for $143 and had a $100 GC from AMEX and the total rental was $43 for the seven days! That was after tax!

With National....

Sept 4-12th

An intermediate for $195.72 with Priceless Code and $20 Entertainment Coupon. (Hoping it goes down even more)

Nov 27-Dec 6th an intermediate with National for $277 with Priceless Code and $20 Entertainment Coupon (assuming this rate will get better with time)

Originally posted by Blueberry
With National....

Sept 4-12th

An intermediate for $195.72 with Priceless Code and $20 Entertainment Coupon. (Hoping it goes down even more)

Nov 27-Dec 6th an intermediate with National for $277 with Priceless Code and $20 Entertainment Coupon (assuming this rate will get better with time)

You might want to try Alamo with the BJ's code and coupon.
I have extra coupons if you need them.
Code: BY ID: 489304 coupon fb86 (free day). This will run you about 185.00 including a free extra driver and all taxes. for a full size.

We are going the 3rd -11th of Sept. Maybe I will see you there. :)

Do you have to present the Entertainment Coupon at the counter or can you just use that code when making a reservation? ThankS!

Originally posted by liz mommy
Do you have to present the Entertainment Coupon at the counter or can you just use that code when making a reservation? ThankS!

You use the code when you make the reservation. Depending on what coupon you use, you may have to go to the counter.
Generally, with dollars off coupons, you bypass the counter, with upgrades you have to go to the counter. This is, btw, for National.

thrifty, mousesavers code wmrt

mid size - chrysler sebring or comparable, with all taxes etc from monday nov 29th 2004 11:00am pick-up through friday dec 3rd 2004, 6:00pm drop off ....$120.00 :bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc (92$ something before taxes)

i am VERY please considering i checked it the other day and the price was up over 149$ with out taxes.

Tina

Originally posted by GAIL HAYDEN
You might want to try Alamo with the BJ's code and coupon.
I have extra coupons if you need them.
Code: BY ID: 489304 coupon fb86 (free day). This will run you about 185.00 including a free extra driver and all taxes. for a full size.

We are going the 3rd -11th of Sept. Maybe I will see you there. :)

Gail I tried the codes you suggested and for September Alamo gave me a rate of $213.80 for a full size and for December they gave me a rate of $296.75 this is including tax of course..Am I doing something wrong....:confused: :confused: :confused: You always get such great rates...

Maybe we will see you in September....:sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

I already have an existing reservation with National with the regular counter service. So , are you saying that I have to show the Entertainment $20 off coupon? I just wanted to use the code.. thanks

I already have an existing reservation with National with the regular counter service. So , are you saying that I have to show the Entertainment $20 off coupon? I just wanted to use the code.. thanks

Any coupon that you use to make the reservation must be brought with you. If you have a counter service reservation, you bring it to the counter. If you are an EC member, after you pick out your car, you give the coupon to the person in the booth as you exit.

Ed

Originally posted by Blueberry
Gail I tried the codes you suggested and for September Alamo gave me a rate of $213.80 for a full size and for December they gave me a rate of $296.75 this is including tax of course..Am I doing something wrong....:confused: :confused: :confused: You always get such great rates...

Maybe we will see you in September....:sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Wendy,
I am coming up with 185.64 for your time frame. Could it be that your flight times are pushing you into another day's rental.
As to December, I have not run that one for you. Give me the time and the dates and I will see what I come up with.

You have to have the coupon. By the book, it is cheap now.
There is a link on Mousesavers for it.

Gail,

I think it is our flight times, we arrive at 9am on saturday the 4th of September and fly out on sunday the 12th at 9:30pm, I think that puts us into another days rental..but thanks for all your help. We try and squeeze every minute into our vacation last day....

:sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

See ya in September Gail...:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter