Post your car rental dates & rates?

I have 2 reservations, I am not sure which one I am going with yet. They are both with National, for the dates of 8/31 - 9/8.

Minivan (using Product code WWEB and contract code 6600330):

1 wk @ 249.99
Extra time - 2 days @ 41.67 = 83.34
Base Rate = 333.33

Less discounts
Discount = 33.33
BJ's discount = 20.00
Subtotal = 280.00

Plus taxes and surcharges = 42.55

Total Estimate = 322.55

My other is for a full size SUV (Durango or equivalent); using same codes as above:

1 wk @ 393.75
Extra Time - 2 days @ 78.75 = 157.50
Base Rate = 551.25

Less discounts
Discount = 165.38
This car is not eligible for BJ's code
Subtotal = 385.87

Plus taxes and surcharges = 49.43

Total Estimate = 435.30

I don't think that I've done that bad. I will continue to try to improve these rates until we leave. If anyone has any ideas how to cut these costs anymore, please feel free to let me know. I'm always up for saving money ;) !

National full-size for 10 days, June 18 to 28 for $204.60 total. I used the $20 off coupon from the Entertainment book. The price has gone down about 5 times in the last 3 to 4 weeks!:D :D :D

Not to sound stupid, but what is BJ's code?

I rented a minivan back in Feb for 8/02/04 through 8/12/04 from ALamo and didnt use any codes and got 391.96 with taxes and everything.

Everytime I look for a better rate and try to use a coupon from the entertainment book, it still is higher than my original price.

Am I doing something wrong? I would love to get the rate that carone0318 got.

Compact
Hertz
6/9 to 6/16
$117.91

AAA Discount
Coupon 947310 - $25 off wk rental
Also using code for double air points with Southwest

I haven't checked for a better rate in about a week so I guess I'll do a search some time this week. Maybe I'll luck up on a cheaper rate. I usually book a towncar since I prefer not to drive on vacation. This rate is so close to what I'd pay a towncar I'm going to rent this time so we can make a trip to US/IOA for lunch or dinner one day.

Carolyn

I reserved an Intermediate through National for my friend for 5 days 06/05-06/10 for only $73.70 complete. I used the $20 Entertainment coupon id# 10008615 and the contract id# 6600330.

I also reserved a Full size through National for us for 8 days 06/05-06/13 for only $142.31 complete. I used the same discounts as above.

I started my rates (June 19 to June 28 - full size) from $297
and then worked my way down to $180 !!!!
I just checked and the rate went up to $338 !!!!!!

I feel so lucky !!!!

I just found an even better rate for my sister's trip from 6/17(6:00pm) to 6/21(4:00pm) - National EA for $73. That was using the Priceless contract ID and coupon for 1 free day. Don't think I'm going to beat that price! (but I'll keep trying. :D )

national codes don't work well for me ($749 for minivan 8/21 ~ 8/30, 10 days, with contract code, WWEB, & ent coupon
:eek: ).
i used KISS3 code at dollar ~ $229.99 week, plus $39.99 for the 3 extra days = $349.96 base, $436.07 with fees & tax.
still hoping for something better, but i can live with this one if need be :)
laurie s

Originally posted by jstbcuz94
Not to sound stupid, but what is BJ's code?

I rented a minivan back in Feb for 8/02/04 through 8/12/04 from ALamo and didnt use any codes and got 391.96 with taxes and everything.

Everytime I look for a better rate and try to use a coupon from the entertainment book, it still is higher than my original price.

Am I doing something wrong? I would love to get the rate that carone0318 got.

BJ's code is a code from BJ's wholesale club.

I am reserving a full size (Intrepid) June 27 - July 1 for $94.95,
($112.96 with taxes and fees) This is down from $141.64 when I booked last month.

6/22-6/30
8 days
Pick up Mco
Drop off Fll
Full size, booked through BJ's wholesale with national for
$160 including taxes and drop off fee at different airpoprt.
THANKS MOUSESAVERS!!!!!!!

Originally posted by tiggersgirl
No, this rental is not out of Orlando, we're driving from Chicago.
I suppose that would somehow make a big difference?

I just tried it again and it stills says this class (mini van)
is sold out, even for Midway Airport and O'Hare, two pretty big airports!!

(copied from another post)
Double check the geographical restrictions for that rental company and that class of car.

Once I tried to book a rental car out of O'Hare in Chicago and found I could not go to the next state, Iowa which was the point of the whole rental. So I had to choose a different higher priced company.

Also, when renting from near your home town to drive all the way to Disney, try downtown locations as well as airport locations. Downtown locations might not have all of the discounts that airport locations advertise but you don't have to pay the airport surcharges.

Rental hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/carrent.htm

Just got a Full Size Intrepid from Dollar for $118.99 / week!

Picking up from MCO on 6/25
Drop-off at MCO on 7/6
So, 11 days plus 1 hour ($10) = $246.95.
Total including all taxes = $321.57.

I did not need a promo code to get this rate, in fact, when I used any of the promo codes the rate was much higher! Go figure, huh?

Jim

Same thing happened to me on Dollar I got a cheaper rate not using any codes....Then at the end I used a BJs coupon and got$ off....

Same thing happened to me on Dollar I got a cheaper rate not using any codes....Then at the end I used a BJs coupon and got$ off....

Hertz
Minivan from 07/01 to 07/09 ( 8 days)
approximately $220,
Last minute + AAA rate + AAA discount

I am so happy with the rate that I cancelled my national ressie last night.
for national it was
SUV from 07/01 to 07/09 (8 days)
code 6600330 + Entertainment $20 discount
cost : 304.45

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter