Post your car rental dates & rates?

Originally posted by Robinette
My minivan rate is with National. 10 days for $298 total. You guys tell me, is that good?

I have a second reservation for an intermediate w/ EA. If there are no minivans on the EA I'll go with the minivan ressie.

I think the minivan rate is very good based on my searches for August. What dates are the rental?

I have a full size at Thrifty July 2-July 8 for $146.49 everything included. Used the WMRT code for a 10% discount.:cool: Just wondering, my reservation says "renter must be the Primary Wal-Mart Account Holder" do I really need to be an account holder? Will they ask to see my card?

I usually rent from National but with the EA changes this was the best deal. I had lots of trouble on National's site. The best I could find on National for an intermediate using Carlson code and EC $20 coupon was $154.46.

What has everyone's past experiences with Thrifty been?

May 24-28 (5 days) solo trip

Intermed: $107.19

AND

June 4-June 14, 2004 (10 days)

Intermed: $178.21 PV and Ent. Coup. OR

Full Size: $189.73 PV and Ent. Coup.

$19 a day for a Full Size is pretty good!

I have a mini van reserved for 26 June - 12 days and the lowest I can get
is $585 and that's using Sam's Club and Priceless Vacations!.
I keep checking for lower rates but it says that the car class is
sold out. I cleared the cache as suggested and it says the same.
I've check for off airport (Harvey Ill.) and Midway Airport and they both say
the car class is sold out.

It's frustrating to think that I can't get a lower rate because the vans are
supposedly sold out.

Any suggestions would be appreciated :wave:

UPDATE: 6600330 & Ent. 10008615

1 week 6/19 - 6/26 fullsize emerald RESERVE $120.27
OR Intermediate emerald AISLE $133.31

curly :crazy: in need of professional help!

TIGGERSGIRL: I put your dates in at national and came up with a total of $417.29 for a minivan, 12 days

Used: 6600330 & WWEB for the Product Rate code Didn't have coupon so you can add that for MORE savings!::yes::

Base: 1 week $218.99
Extra 5 days $182.50

blah blah taxes, blah blah.......

Total: $$417.29

HTH

If you don't mind my asking, what is WWEB product code the code for? If it's Sams Club it would be great as I am a member. Thanks.

curlyjbs and tiggersgirl.......
try using the Priceless code with out the WWEB.
I have tried using both and get higher rates....not sure, but I think the WWEB supersedes the other codes, making them useless.

Just a thought:D

Or also try to see if it is cheaper to go with the weekly rate instead of the "5 days".

The WWEB is a product rate code assigned by national. It showed up on a mini van rental i got for my sister so I tried it with your dates. Anyone can use it.

BTW This is a rental out of orlando.......right?

UPDATE: I tried it without WWEB just now and came up with the same rate. Oh well. guess that point is moot.

somebody please help! i've tried all of the national codes and the cheapest i can come up with for a minivan is $1222, dates are 7/29 - 8/15. currently i have a reservation with dollar for $724 using kiss3 code but this is still terrible. PLEASE HELP!!!

Originally posted by pokeysmom
somebody please help! i've tried all of the national codes and the cheapest i can come up with for a minivan is $1222, dates are 7/29 - 8/15. currently i have a reservation with dollar for $724 using kiss3 code but this is still terrible. PLEASE HELP!!!

I don't know how much better you can do since your trip is 2 weeks and 3 days! That's a long time.

You could try maybe 2 separate reservations, which would mean having to go back to the airport and return the car and get a new one. I've heard of people doing that to save money and use more than one coupon!

I just checked your dates at National and got $1300!!

When I did them separately and used $20 on each reservation the grand total was $1060.

I guess you have to stick with Dollar!:(

Thanks curlyjbs and cindyfan

No, this rental is not out of Orlando, we're driving from Chicago.
I suppose that would somehow make a big difference?

I just tried it again and it stills says this class (mini van)
is sold out, even for Midway Airport and O'Hare, two pretty big airports!!

Thanks any way for your help!

Originally posted by Robinette
My minivan rate is with National. 10 days for $298 total. You guys tell me, is that good?

I have a second reservation for an intermediate w/ EA. If there are no minivans on the EA I'll go with the minivan ressie.

Robinette,

I don't think national will let you hold 2 ressies up to the last minute without charging you for both. I believe they have a 24 hour cancellation rule. You may want to check.

curly :wave2:

Originally posted by Poorman
I decided to use the priceless code 6600330 and BJ'S coupon 10009013 and got a rate of $121.23 for May 8-15 ,7 days.

This is EA and NO concession fee. I know people have used it and haven't gotten billed,but with my luck................

Hey it's only $10.00 difference,but I'd rather have $10.00 in my pocket than MCO's.

I just booked with National,EA ,intermediate for 6/26 thru 6/2 and used the above codes.(My BJ's coupon has a different code) I was wondering "NO CONCESSION FEE" means above. Sorry, if this is a stupid question.

Originally posted by curlyjbs
Robinette,
I don't think national will let you hold 2 ressies up to the last minute without charging you for both. I believe they have a 24 hour cancellation rule. You may want to check.

Thanks Curly, I didn't know that. I will look into it.

Originally posted by MsDisney5
I was wondering "NO CONCESSION FEE" means above.

Concession Fee is one of the many extra fee's you are charged when renting a vehicle. What it is for, I don't know.

When using the priceless code 6600330, that fee is omitted.

Let me know what you find out about double reservations. I have several at National also. I didn't see anywhere in the fine print that they would charge you for cancellation less than 24 hrs. Let me know! Thanks!

Originally posted by curlyjbs

I called National to check on this. I was told that if you had to give a credit card to book your reservation, then you will be charged $50 if you don't use the reservation. You have up to 24 hours to cancel with out being charged.

Big thank you again curly!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter