I am keeping my dates
My original resort was: All Stars Movies, 2 preferred rooms
I originally booked using: Full Price
I am being moved to: Art of Animation 2 Cars Suites
My cost increase/decrease is: -$75
I made my original reservation myself
I was contacted about my resort’s closure by: I wasn’t contacted
There are 6 adults in my party

Anyone else not calling. I know we will need to be moved for the first leg of our split stay (CBR 7/23-28). We are a party of 5 so they can only love us to deluxe or FW Cabin. We are ok with all the options and like to be surprised by what we get. Just don’t see the point of spending hours on the phone. 🤷‍♀️

Anyone else not calling. I know we will need to be moved for the first leg of our split stay (CBR 7/23-28). We are a party of 5 so they can only love us to deluxe or FW Cabin. We are ok with all the options and like to be surprised by what we get. Just don’t see the point of spending hours on the phone. 🤷‍♀️
Disney's policy states on their website that if they do not hear from you, they will cancel your reservation 7 days prior to your arrival and will refund your deposit. Because they say that on the website, I would recommend calling.

Yes, the feel reminded me of the Grand and the room is HUGE! I thought it was as nice as the Grand F. Villa. I've never stayed anywhere but the monorail and boardwalk area, so this will be very different. Hoping for the Skyliner to be open! Have a great trip! We will be staying around the same time at the resort.

Yes, definitely keeping fingers crossed for skyliner!! I hope you have a great time!

My dates were: July 21-31
I am keeping my dates
My original resort was: Caribbean Beach w/5th sleeper std view
I originally booked using: Sun & Fun
I am being moved to: The Contemporary- Main Tower lake view
My cost increase/decrease is: 0
I was contacted about my resort’s closure by: I wasn’t contacted
There are 2 adults 2children in my party

I was on hold a total of about 4 hours with one disconnection.

***Afer checking in, we were moved to “theme park view” due to some issues 👍🏻

Last edited:
My dates were: 7/25-7/30
I am keeping my dates or rescheduling to DD/MM/YYYY keeping dates
My original resort was: YC standard room
I originally booked using XXXX discount Fun and Sun
I am being moved to: AKL Kidani One Bedroom
My cost increase/decrease is: none
I made my original reservation myself/a travel website/thru a Disney TA/other made it myself
I was contacted about my resort’s closure by email/telephone/I wasn’t contacted wasn't contacted
There are # adults, # children, # under age 3 in my party 1 adult 2 kids

Wow! I was on the phone from 7am until 10:30pm. I was initially offered a king bed room in one of the CR garden wings. This would not work for a dad and 2 older kids. I read this thread and called Guest Services and got a great CM who gave us an upgrade to a one bedroom at Kidani. It was worth the time investment. I do still wish we could stay at YC, and also park hop.

My dates were: 8/26-8/29, 8/29-9/5
I am keeping my original dates.
My original resort was: Beach Club, Gran Destino
I originally booked using: Agency Exclusive, Free dining
I am being moved to: Poly Standard, Contemporary Resort Tower Bay Lake View
My cost increase/decrease is: None
I wasn’t contacted
There are 4 Disney adults

My dates were: 8/8-8/14
I am keeping my original dates.
My original resort was: AKL standard room
I originally booked using: Free Dining Recovery
I am being moved to: CR garden wing
My cost increase/decrease is: None
I wasn’t contacted
There are 4 Disney adults (2- 10yos)

My dates were: July 25 - 31
I am keeping my dates.
My original resort was: All Star Music
I originally booked using the sun and fun offer.
I am being moved to: Pop Century
My cost increase/decrease is: nothing!
I made my original reservation through a TA
I was NOT contacted about my resort’s closure
Party of 2 Adults

My dates were: Aug 14-21
I am keeping my dates
My original resort was: Wilderness Lodge Club Level
I originally booked using Recovery discount (after recovery Dining Plan was removed)
I am being moved to: Boulder Ridge 1 BDRM
My cost increase/decrease is: -$27
I wasn’t contacted
There are 2adults, 2 children, in my party

My dates were: September 3-7
I am keeping my dates
My original resort was: Beach Club
I originally booked using TA discount
I am being moved to: Polynesian
My cost increase/decrease is: N/A
I made my original reservation TA
I was contacted about my resort’s closure by EMAIL
There are 2 adults, 0 children, 0 under age 3 in my party

Original dates: 3/28- 4/1
Changed to 6/21-6/25 (free dining); changed to 11/21-11/25 (35% discount)
Original resort: POFQ
Moved to: FW cabins
Cost increase: $200+ (was told I had no other choice since that was the only moderate scheduled to be open when I called)
I made the original reservation.
Never contacted about my resort, just an email that I needed to call and modify dates if I was still coming.
1 adult, 2 teens

I‘m feeling kind of screwed by Disney. This is the first time ever staying on property, and I researched for months before very purposely choosing POFQ. We don’t need the extra room, and certainly don’t need to spend the extra $$. I had a backup (made in April in case of continued closure in June ) for the same November dates at FQ. When I called in response the email, I was told by CM not to cancel the backup so I would be guaranteed FQ if it reopened. I even called last week to make sure the two packages on the same dates would not screw up my park pass reservation attempts. CM assured me it wouldn’t. Well, it did, so I had to cancel it (on my own, after two solid days of trying for help from anyone at Disney). I have no clue if FW is worth it, should I request a move to CBR or somewhere else (where?), should I scrimp and save for the next few months and spring for a deluxe (which one?), or should I call and hope a kind CM will take pity on my and erase the extra $$ for FW? Any advise from the experts on this board would be greatly appreciated.

I have no clue if FW is worth it, should I request a move to CBR or somewhere else (where?), should I scrimp and save for the next few months and spring for a deluxe (which one?), or should I call and hope a kind CM will take pity on my and erase the extra $$ for FW? Any advise from the experts on this board would be greatly appreciated.

I can only say, from my point of view & and if it was me, that I would probably try calling again and see if they could do anything else for you. Assuming you have the time to be on hold....some of these wait times we are hearing about are horrible! Nothing to lose by trying. FW cabin would not be my first or second choice either.

Good luck to you and whatever you choose to do!

My dates were: August 9-15
I am keeping my dates

My original resort was: YC Garden View
I originally booked Sun and Fun Discount
I am being moved to: Bay Lake Tower Deluxe Studio Lake View
My cost increase/decrease is: none
I wasn’t contacted. I have never received ANY emails from Disney despite having this trip originally scheduled in early June....no communication at all.

There are 2 adults, 1 child (12 yo)

Called yesterday to the GS line (7866) took about an hour of continuous redialing through busy signals to connect but was immediately answered once through. CM initially seemed to act like he was just going to add on the $1500 difference between my YC Sun and Fun discount room and the BLT Lake view room. I questioned him politely about why I would be paying the difference since my resort would not be open at the time of my visit. He then offered me "price protection".....kind of as if he were doing me a favor :rolleyes2 . Also be aware that while the resort change showed up immediately in MDE it took several hours for the balance due to show the corrected amount with the price protection.

After 4 hours on the phone Monday night and 4 hours 1st thing yesterday morning - we're finally changed:

My dates were: July 18-25
I am keeping my dates

My original resort was: Carribean Beach (3 rooms)
I originally booked Sun and Fun Discount
I am being moved to: Ft Wilderness Cabins (3 cabins)
My cost increase/decrease is: Our cost DECREASED approximately $27 for each cabin
I wasn’t contacted. I have never received ANY emails from Disney.

There are total of 9 adults

My dates were: July 18-25
I am keeping my dates
My original Resort was : Port Orleans Riverside Standard View
I am being moved to: Boardwalk Villas one bedroom standard view
My cost increase/decrease is: $0
I made the original reservation myself
I wasn't contacted at all
I am traveling solo.

I’m not calling. We have a 7/12-7/19 reservation and I don’t want to waste my time on the phone. Then again, we’re likely not going, but will go if we get a “once in a lifetime” upgrade. We have a AS Music family suite booked, so I have no idea where they’d put us (unlike a standard AS room which would almost certainly go to Pop) and I don’t feel like waiting, being offered something like a cabin which we would definitely decline. I’m not being “entitled”, I just figure if Disney wants to offer us something at the Contemporary or similar without me proactively reaching out, I’ll take it. Otherwise, we pretty much given up on this trip anyway, so waiting isn’t going to hurt.

I’m not calling. We have a 7/12-7/19 reservation and I don’t want to waste my time on the phone. Then again, we’re likely not going, but will go if we get a “once in a lifetime” upgrade. We have a AS Music family suite booked, so I have no idea where they’d put us (unlike a standard AS room which would almost certainly go to Pop) and I don’t feel like waiting, being offered something like a cabin which we would definitely decline. I’m not being “entitled”, I just figure if Disney wants to offer us something at the Contemporary or similar without me proactively reaching out, I’ll take it. Otherwise, we pretty much given up on this trip anyway, so waiting isn’t going to hurt.

Totally valid! Just a heads up, Disney has language on their site that indicates if they don't hear from you to confirm/modify your dates, they will auto-cancel your trip 7 days before check-in. Just didn't want you to decide to go and then show up to a cancelled reservation.

My dates were: Sept 27 - Oct 2
I am keeping my dates
My original Resort was : Sports
I am being moved to: POP pool view
My cost increase/decrease is: $0
I made the original reservation myself for May. Got the FD Recovery package. Then got the 35% off room package.
I wasn't contacted at all
I am traveling with DS.

I have another trip scheduled for Nov/Dec at Music. I'm going with friends - seperate rooms - same resort. Holding out to see what they want to do. Take POP now or hold out for AoA or better??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter