Post Your Rescheduled/Relocated Resort Date Here

My dates were: 8/12-8/15/2020
I am keeping my dates
My original resort was: AKL Jambo House, King Bed, Savannah View
I originally booked using Sun & Fun offer
I am being moved to: Polynesian, Lagoon View
My cost increase/decrease is: Price-protected
I made my original reservation myself
I wasn't contacted about my resort’s closure by email/telephone/I wasn’t contacted I used the information from the Disney website to prompt myself to call
There are 2 adults in my party
With the latest change that the Polynesian will not be opening until October 4th...I contacted Disney and was moved again:
My dates were: 8/12-8/15/2020
I am keeping my dates
My original resort was: Polynesian, Lagoon View
I am being moved to: Riviera Resort, Deluxe Studio, Preferred View

Little late to the party on this thread, but:

My dates were: 8/4-8/5 (resort only)
**I am keeping this same night**
My original resort was: AK Jambo House King Pool View
I originally booked using: Sun and Fun offer, booked myself direct on WDW site
I am being moved to: CR Garden Wing/Garden View
My cost increase is $0 (price protected)
There are two adults in my party (myself and my fiancee')

My dates were: 8/28-8/30
I am keeping my dates
My original resort was: All Star Movies Standard
I am being moved to: Pop Century Standard
There are 3 adults in my party

My dates are : 9/20-9/22
I am keeping my dates
My original resort was: All Star Movies Standard
I originally booked using : Disney web site
I am being moved to: Pop Century Standard
There are : 2 adults and 2yo in my party

Last edited:
My dates are : 11/19 - 11/28
I am keeping my dates
My original resort was: Beach Club Garden View
I originally booked using : Free Summer Dining now 35% Recovery
I am being moved to: Yacht Club Garden View
My cost increase/decrease is: No Change
There are : 3 adults and 2 teens in our party

My dates are : 9/15-9/20
I am keeping my dates
My original resort was: POFQ Standard View
I originally booked using : Disney web site myself
I am being moved to: Caribbean Beach Preferred
My cost increase/decrease is: No Change to CBR, see below
There are : 4 adults 2 rooms

After 3 calls about being unhappy about moving to CBR, we checked our options online and found a tower room at the Riviera for $200 more. Grabbed it!!

My dates were: 11/1 - 11/8
I am keeping my dates
My original resort was: Wilderness Lodge Nature View (2 rooms)
I originally booked using: Rack Rates
I am being moved to: Boulder Ridge Villas - Deluxe Studio (2 rooms)
My cost increase/decrease is: Price Protected
I made my original reservation thru a Disney TA
I contacted my TA for the change
There are 4 adults & 4 children in my party

My dates were: Dec 19-24
I am keeping my dates
My original resort was: Wilderness Lodge Club Level
I originally booked using: bounceback discount
I am being moved to: Boulder Ridge Villas (1 bedroom)
My cost increase/decrease is: $2320 less due to the following ~no CL, no parkhopper and the 35% Recovery
I made my original reservation myself by calling the bounce back number in October while we were there
I wasn’t contacted about my resort’s closure, I got antsy and called this morning
There are 2 adults and 1 child in my party

My dates were: Aug. 27 - Sept. 1
I am moving my dates to Dec. 29 - Jan 1.
My original resort was: All Star Movies - then moved to Pop Century when we thought we could keep the dates
I originally booked using: Free Dining Offer - Converted to 35% off and initially had my tickets removed
My cost increase/decrease is: $217.12 decrease - removed 3 nights. However, this represents MUCH MORE than a 35% discount. The non-discounted room price was $948.39 for 3 nights, after whatever magic the cast member pulled, our total was $367.13
I made my original reservation myself
I wasn’t contacted about my resort’s closure

My dates were: 9/8-9/13 (split stay will include rest in another post)
I am keeping my dates
My original resort was: Beach Club Water view
I originally booked using Self - Free Dining now Recovery20
I am being moved to: Yacht Club Water view

My dates were: 9/13-16 (split stay, first half in previous post, closing with 2 so far unchanged nights at CC WL)
I am keeping my dates
My original resort was: AKL Jambo House CL Savannah view
I originally booked using Self
I am being moved to: AKL Kidani One Bedroom
My cost increase/decrease is: Decrease--they removed CL from my original booking and dropped price accordingly and then moved me price protected to the One Bedroom Kidani

I finally got my move!!!!
My dates were: 11/28-12/5
I am: keeping my dates
My original resort was: AKL Standard View
I originally booked using: Undercover Tourist
I am being moved to: CONTEMPORARY TOWER THEME PARK VIEW!!!!!!!😱
My cost increase/decrease is: $0 Price Protected
There are: 2 adults and 1 child (5)

I really wanted the Poly, but I'm not complaining about this!!!

My dates were: December 1-5, 2020
I am keeping my dates at this time
My original resort was: POFQ, Garden View Room
I originally booked using: No discount
I am being moved to: Unsure at this time if we will have to move or if POFQ might open by our dates. Nothing has been announced for POFQ.
My cost increase/decrease is: -----
I made my original reservation: Through Dreams Unlimited Travel in January 2020
I was contacted about my resort’s closure by: I have not been contacted
There are 2 Adults in my party

I shared this in another thread...

- As of 6/23, our resort does not have an announced scheduled opening date
- As of 6/23, no changes have been made to our existing reservation, and nothing has been offered or recommended

- We were originally told by our TA on 6/20 that only DVC resorts would be opening this year, and we would be moved to a DVC resort on 6/22 at no cost to us (unless we specifically request a certain resort, in which case we would be responsible for the price difference). She said this info came direct from Disney, and she had gone through a 1.5 hour training on it.

- On 6/21, we (us and our TA) found out several resorts would be opening throughout the rest of the year, but no info about POFQ yet. It is also suspected that, should POFQ not open by 12/1, we will have to modify our reservation to another resort, or cancel completely; should we modify, we might be responsible for the difference in rate.

- Our TA is unsure of our options as of now and has suggested we just wait to attempt or accept any changes until closer to our trip. Our reservation is currently up in the air. :laughing:

Just hopping in with an update, which is really a non-update, lol. As of 8/18, still no opening info for POFQ. We're holding on to our package there until the last possible minute, just in case it ends up opening - but honestly I'm not expecting it. Currently our PIF date is 10/31, but I'm hoping Disney decides to extend the 7-day PIF window. ETA: just heard on the DisUnplugged show that Disney has extended the day-before cancellation policy on packages through December 31, which is super helpful, even if PIF stays 30 days out.

We aren't interested in CBR or CSR, and our TA told us Disney won't give us any options besides those two resorts, which is fine. We decided to book a back-up reservation for the Dolphin for our dates. If our package PIF date comes around and there's still no opening date for POFQ, we'll just cancel the package and stay at the Dolphin. Even with buying tickets separately, we'll be saving ~$200 over our POFQ package.

So, our reservation (should we be able to even go) is still up in the air, but slightly lower in the air than it was a couple of months ago.

Last edited:
My dates were: November 11-17
I am keeping my dates

My original resort was: ASMo standard

I originally booked a discount using UT

I am being moved to: Pop standard pool view

My cost increase/decrease is: n/a

I made my original reservation through UT

I was contacted about my resort’s closure by - I wasn’t contacted. But I got a text and an email yesterday from Disney that they have received my check in information. I filled it in for ASMo a while ago, and it looks like the CC on file and text message number carried over. I found the change to Pop when I looked at MDE.

There are 1adult, 3children, 0 under age 3 in my party in the reservation, but will probably only be 1 adult and 1 child going.

Just hopping in with an update, which is really a non-update, lol. As of 8/18, still no opening info for POFQ. We're holding on to our package there until the last possible minute, just in case it ends up opening - but honestly I'm not expecting it. Currently our PIF date is 10/31, but I'm hoping Disney decides to extend the 7-day PIF window. ETA: just heard on the DisUnplugged show that Disney has extended the day-before cancellation policy on packages through December 31, which is super helpful, even if PIF stays 30 days out.

We aren't interested in CBR or CSR, and our TA told us Disney won't give us any options besides those two resorts, which is fine. We decided to book a back-up reservation for the Dolphin for our dates. If our package PIF date comes around and there's still no opening date for POFQ, we'll just cancel the package and stay at the Dolphin. Even with buying tickets separately, we'll be saving ~$200 over our POFQ package.

So, our reservation (should we be able to even go) is still up in the air, but slightly lower in the air than it was a couple of months ago.
Did you hear anything yet? I ask only bc I got an email from UT today "letting me know" 🤣 about the changes. That I made myself a week or so ago.

Did you hear anything yet? I ask only bc I got an email from UT today "letting me know" 🤣 about the changes. That I made myself a week or so ago.

No, nothing different from a couple of days ago. I haven't seen any updates about a POFQ date. Since our trip isn't until December, I don't think I'll hear anything from Disney/Dreams Unlimited about a resort move due to POFQ being closed until much closer to then. No worries - we know now that if we're able to go, we'll either be at POFQ or Dolphin, and we're good with that. :thumbsup2

As of Tuesday (8/18), our TA said the PIF date for us will still be 30-days out, but she confirmed we can cancel the package for a full refund up to 1-day out. That's a huge relief.

I finally got my move!!!!
My dates were: 11/28-12/5
I am: keeping my dates
My original resort was: AKL Standard View
I originally booked using: Undercover Tourist
I am being moved to: CONTEMPORARY TOWER THEME PARK VIEW!!!!!!!😱
My cost increase/decrease is: $0 Price Protected
There are: 2 adults and 1 child (5)

I really wanted the Poly, but I'm not complaining about this!!!
I love seeing changes that make folks happy!!!

Dates before and after: Nov 28 to Dec 5, 2020
Resort was: BWI Garden View, Rack Rate
Resort now: BWV 1 bedroom
Cost: Rack is about $1,700 more, but $0 due to BWI not opening and price protection guarantee
Booked myself
Called Disney 8/24 to check and made the change offered (Note---i called before around July 30th and was offered a BWV studio---didnt take it and glad i didn't because when I called today 8/24 apparently no studios or for whatever reason, they offered a 1 bedroom instead at BWV or BCV....chose BWV since more recently renovated and could request room near walkway to HS).

However, to be honest, if they come out with an AP discount for this same period will go with wherever I can get the best deal and I'm sure the best deal won't be BWV.🙃

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter