Post Your Rescheduled/Relocated Resort Date Here

My dates were: 9/20-26
My original resort was: Wilderness Lodge
I originally booked using military discount
I am being moved to: Yacht Club
My cost increase is $0
I made my original reservation with a TA
I wasn’t contacted, but I saw they would be closed on the boards and asked my TA to call because I’m a worrier.
There are two adults and three children in my party.

I’m honestly neutral about this swap - I saw some people had been swapped to the Poly and I would have been more excited about that but it was significantly more expensive when my TA asked. I just saw that Stormalong Bay is closed - if they aren’t open by our trip I’m not going to be very happy, but I’m not sure what we can do about it. This is our first time using a TA and I feel terrible making her call so many times for a room only reservation.

If I move my dates due to my resort being closed, can I drop a day or two? Have a packaged booked.
yes you can i had to drop a day on my package reservation because my dates were 8/23-8/30 at YC but the resort opens on 8/24 so they dropped a night a gave me the credit for the 1 night.

My dates are: 11/29 to 12/4
My original resort was: ASMu standard room
I originally booked: Rack rate - booked early but was anticipating a discount offer.....
I am being moved to: AoA Little Mermaid
My cost increase/decrease is: about $6 cheaper

I panicked last night when I saw they were re-opening 2020 reservations and decided to call. I'm happy with AoA. My September trip I was moved to POP.

Cancelled: May SSR 1 BR; Oct BLT 2 BR

Final Rescheduling
(many iterations, needed to use banked/borrowed points, optimized AP/TIW extensions)
Oct OKW Studio, Dec SSR Std Studio, Jan OKW Studio, March BLT LV Studio.

Got our park visit per person cost for this 'AP Year - 33 days' down to $13.53. Awesome.

My dates were: Oct 8-11, 2020
I am keeping my dates or rescheduling to DD/MM/YYYY : Keeping my dates
My original resort was: All Star Movies Standard View
I originally booked using XXXX discount: Rack rates, I originally booked
I am being moved to: AOA, Little Mermaid Standard view
My cost increase/decrease is: Same, price protection
I made my original reservation myself/a travel website/thru a Disney TA/other: I booked it myself online.
I was contacted about my resort’s closure by email/telephone/I wasn’t contacted: I wasn't contacted, called Guest Services
There are # adults, # children, # under age 3 in my party: 2 adults in party

Dates: Dec 20-23, 2020
Original reservation: All-Star Music Suite
Moved at no extra cost (price protection) to Art of Animation Lion King Suite
(They initially said Ft. Wilderness Cabins, but I reminded her that going from 2 bathrooms to 1 was not a lateral move.)

My dates were: Oct 18-24, 2020
My original resort was: POR -Royal Room, Garden view
I originally booked using XXXX discount: n/a
I am being moved to: Coronado Springs - Tower room- water view
My cost increase/decrease is: n/a (I figure it is a lateral move)
I made my original reservation myself/a travel website/thru a Disney TA/other: myself thorough Hotels.com
I was contacted about my resort’s closure by email/telephone/I wasn’t contacted: I wasn't contacted, I called Disney Wholesale Department in ask where they were in rescheduling wholesale customers. CM said they have completed July. I requested a note to be placed in my file that I would not be canceling and would accept a reassignment. In addition, I requested a wheelchair accessible room since my Mom broke her ankle and will be in a wheelchair for the trip. The reassignment showed up in my Disney Experience later that day.

My dates were: Oct 11-14, 2020
My original resort was: All Star Sports - Preferred
I originally booked using Hotels.com
I am being moved to: AOA, Nemo Family Suite
My cost increase/decrease is: Same, price protection.
I contacted Hotels.com and Disney Guest Services weeks ago with no answers. The change just showed up on MDE

I contacted Hotels.com and Disney Guest Services weeks ago with no answers. The change just showed up on MDE
I'm glad you finally got answers!!
Hopefully I'll get some soon too. Looks like they're almost done with October, so possibly not much longer to wait. (Late November/early December.)

My dates were: 5/11 - 5/16
I am keeping my dates or rescheduling to: 9/13 - 9/18
My original resort was: Swan
I originally booked using: Priceline Express Deal
Booked Boardwalk for September after cancelling the Swan at rack, then switched to Yacht Club with AP discount since the Boardwalk will not be open during my dates.
My cost increase/decrease is: Decrease of about $1,400
I made my original reservation myself/a travel website/thru a Disney TA/other: Made reservations myself
I was contacted about my resort’s closure by email/telephone/I wasn’t contacted: Wasn't contacted, but saw it online after I already moved my resort to Yacht Club
Solo Trip

Wow - that’s a nice switch! We love the Nemo suites (2 adults, no kids). Clean, comfortable, great location.

I am keeping my dates 12/6/2020 - 12/12/2020
My original resort was: Wilderness Lodge
I originally booked during my 2019 December stay at Wilderness Lodge
I was originally moved to Polynesian
My cost increase/decrease initially was $0
I made my original reservation myself
I was contacted about my resort’s closure by email
There are # 2 adults in my party

After being moved to the Polynesian, I kept checking online for a DVC studio at either Copper Creek or Boulder Ridge. One finally became available. I called Disney Central Reservations, they couldn't find the studio that was available online. Transferred me to Guest Services and they couldn't locate the studio that was showing as available online. Several minutes after speaking to guest services, checked online again and the Copper Creek studio was showing as available. So I booked it and called back the next day and cancelled the Polynesian reservation. Difference between the total cost of my original Wilderness Lodge reservation and the Cooper Creek studio was about $250 more. So now I'm very happy as I'm back at the Wilderness Lodge for Christmas!

My dates were: 28 November - 19 December 2020
I am keeping my dates (For now)
My original resort was: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Jambo
I originally booked using the UK free nights discount (got 6 nights free)
I am being moved to: Don’t know yet 😔
My cost increase/decrease is: Don’t know yet 🙃
I made my original reservation myself direct with Disney
I Haven’t been contacted yet about my resort’s closure. I’ve called a few times and each time I am asked to be patient
There are 2 adults, 0 children, 0 under age 3 in my party

My dates were: December 17-23, 2020
I am keeping my dates or rescheduling to DD/MM/YYYY: Keeping my dates
My original resort was: All Star Movies standard room
I originally booked using XXXX discount: no discount
I am being moved to: Art of Animation Little Mermaid room
My cost increase/decrease is: None, price protection
I made my original reservation myself/a travel website/thru a Disney TA/other: Myself on Disney website
I was contacted about my resort’s closure by email/telephone/I wasn’t contacted: I was not contacted and decided to call resort reservations and ask about being switched and I requested Art of Animation since we never stayed there before.
There are # adults, # children, # under age 3 in my party: 3 adults in my party (me, my husband and our 18 year old son)

We are super excited and can't wait! I politely asked the CM to check if there was availability to move us to Art of Animation since we had stayed at all other values before but never this one and she said sure, absolutely! Also, my daughter, her husband and son are coming on this trip too and had a room at ASM and I asked to move theirs as well to a connecting room at AOA and she moved theirs too, all with price protection.

My dates were: August 21-24
My original resort was: AKL Jambo Savannah View
I originally booked using XXXX discount: Sun & Fun Room Offer
I am being moved to: AKL Kidani Village 2 Bedroom Standard View
I made my original reservation myself/a travel website/thru a Disney TA/other: Myself on Disney website
I was contacted about my resort’s closure by email/telephone/I wasn’t contacted: First via email to confirm we were still coming then a call from Disney today (30 days out) and offered the 2 bedroom at Kidani. I requested a savanna view but they said they did not have anymore available. We will take the extra space for the 3 nights before we head to the Poly.

My dates were: August 21-24
My original resort was: AKL Jambo Savannah View
I originally booked using XXXX discount: Sun & Fun Room Offer
I am being moved to: AKL Kidani Village 2 Bedroom Standard View
I was contacted about my resort’s closure by email/telephone/I wasn’t contacted: First via email to confirm we were still coming then a call from Disney today (30 days out) and offered the 2 bedroom at Kidani. I requested a savanna view but they said they did not have anymore available. We will take the extra space for the 3 nights before we head to the Poly.
Did you have the option to stay at Jambo? It is open now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter