• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Post Your Rescheduled/Relocated Resort Date Here

My dates were: September 6th - 13th
I am keeping my dates.
My original resort was: Port Orleans French Quarter Garden View
I originally booked using the military discount.
I am being moved to: Bay Lake Tower 1 Bedroom with a theme park view.
My cost remained the same as POFQ.
I made my original reservation myself.
I called to inquire about our resort being closed during our trip, and they made the switch for us.
There are 3 adult and 1 child (7) in my party.

My dates were: 7/18 - 7/20
I am keeping my dates or rescheduling to DD/MM/YYYY keeping dates
My original resort was: ALL STAR MOVIES
I originally booked using XXXX discount fun & sun discount
I am being moved to: pop century
My cost increase/decrease is: none
I made my original reservation myself/a travel website/thru a Disney TA/other made it myself
I was contacted about my resort’s closure by email/telephone/I wasn’t contacted recieved email on 6/25, contatct disney via phone 6/26
There are # adults, # children, # under age 3 in my party 3 adults, 1 Child

I get what you are saying, and we will cancel our trip if we have to. I’m frustrated on two accounts. 1) seeing people with dates similar to ours, and staying at POR/POFQ, get moved to deluxes last Mon/Tues, and 2) being promised a callback by Friday night and not receiving one.
I also know that Disney is a business. However, this is not normal circumstances, and as consumers, we have had to be patient and live on the tiny scraps of info Disney has come out with. I spent 17 hours on hold over two days, being disconnected 3 times, and to be given one option is not great. Obviously there are others in my situation as well, some are happy, some are not.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m super happy for everyone who got upgrades, We were just hoping we’d be one of them, and don’t think it’s too much to ask to be called back in the promised time frame.

That's totally fair. If they say they are going to call you back they should do that. It's totally understandable that they might not be able to do so, but if they can't they shouldn't be making promises they can't keep.

My dates were: July 18-21, 2020
I am keeping my dates
My original resort was: Caribbean Beach standard view fifth sleeper
I originally booked using Sun + Fun offer
I am being moved to: Boardwalk Villas standard view studio (originally FW cabins)
My cost increase/decrease is: none
I made my original reservation myself
I wasn’t contacted
There are 3 adults, 2 children in my party

Note: I was disappointed about being moved for FW cabins but took it anyways. Called back about a week after changing to FW and asked nicely to be moved a second time to a smaller resort with better location. I was offered Beach Club or Boardwalk and chose Boardwalk bc SAB is closed.

That's totally fair. If they say they are going to call you back they should do that. It's totally understandable that they might not be able to do so, but if they can't they shouldn't be making promises they can't keep.
Exactly. I’ll give them today, being the first business day since Friday. Otherwise tomorrow I’m back on the phone.

Is Disney keeping a record of where your original reservations are and where they moved you? I was oriiginally at CBR and moved to Ft Wilderness Cabins. Can I call and request a different resort? I wonder will they know I was in a moderate and move me accordingly? I don't want to move to Pop.

Is Disney keeping a record of where your original reservations are and where they moved you? I was oriiginally at CBR and moved to Ft Wilderness Cabins. Can I call and request a different resort? I wonder will they know I was in a moderate and move me accordingly? I don't want to move to Pop.
Yes, people have had success in exactly your scenario. They have a record of everything that's been done.

I just did this like an hour ago! I was originally at CBR and was moved to FW as well. I called them and asked if I could be moved to a different resort and since all the other moderates were closed she offered me Boardwalk Villas or Beach Club villas (took Boardwalk). She suggested Pop but I’m a party of 5. However I think if you’re polite about your complaints about FW and insistent about not getting Pop you should have success :)

I was finally was able to get through after trying since Monday, using 4 different phone numbers and an hour waiting to get through today!! The Cast Member I had was wonderful, very kind and helpful.

My dates were: 9/9-9/15
I am keeping my dates
My original resort was: All Star Sports Preferred Room
I am being moved to: Pop Century Standard
My cost increase/decrease is: Price stayed the same
I wasn’t contacted about my resort being closed
Just me in my party!
Was POP preferred not available? I’ve seen a lot of All stars preferred rooms being moved to Pop preferred.

My dates were: 7/12 to 7/19
Cancelled reservation, but offer was made for these dates
My original resort was: AS Music Family Suite
I originally booked using Fun/Sun discount
I am being moved to: Fort Wilderness Cabins
My cost increase/decrease is: 0
I was contacted about my resort’s closure by telephone
There are 4 adults, 2 children

You all inspired me to call in. I only was on hold for two hours. I just got off the phone.

My dates were: 09/07 to 09/12
I kept my dates
My original resort was: AS Movies preferred
I originally booked using Fun/Sun discount
I am being moved to: POP preferred room
My cost increase/decrease is: 0
I was contacted by email and then I called.
There is one adult and one child

My dates were: 28 Nov
I am keeping my dates (we move to Shades of Green the next day)
My original resort was: Port Orleans French Quarter, Garden View
I originally booked using military discount
I am being moved to: Coronado Springs, Water view
My cost increase/decrease is: same/price protection
I wasn’t contacted
There are 3 adults in my party

I was really wanting a move to Fort Wilderness, but my dad was told this was all that had openings and we could call again at a later date to try to change.

My dates were: 09/13 to 09/17 ( Originally scheduled for May) We have 2 rooms
I kept my dates
My original resort was: AS Movies preferred-Handicapped
I originally booked Regular rates, then the Recovery 20 (for our May cancellation)
I am being moved to: POP preferred room-Handicapped
My cost increase/decrease is: Less 35%-Still Waiting to get final amount
I made my original reservation through my travel agent
I was contacted by email and then I called.TA
Both rooms have 2 adults and one child

We finally got through!!

My dates were: 7/16 - 7/17 (Had a split stay and this was the only night at a closed resort.)
I am keeping my dates.
My original resort was: Caribbean Beach 5th sleeper
I originally booked using -not entirely sure, was a room only but my travel companion booked as a new TA- discount
I am being moved to: Kidani Village - 1 Bedroom Savanna View
My cost increase/decrease is: -$50 (We have no idea why)
Said above, my travel companion made the reservation as a new TA
We were not contacted. Spent many days on holds before being disconnected or having to hang up,

I’m so stoked! Our first 3 nights are in a Poly studio rental, and we did ask about staying there, but they said they didn’t have anything. This is a great alternative though! I can’t wait!

We finally got through!!

My dates were: 7/16 - 7/17 (Had a split stay and this was the only night at a closed resort.)
I am keeping my dates.
My original resort was: Caribbean Beach 5th sleeper
I originally booked using -not entirely sure, was a room only but my travel companion booked as a new TA- discount
I am being moved to: Kidani Village - 1 Bedroom Savanna View
My cost increase/decrease is: -$50 (We have no idea why)
Said above, my travel companion made the reservation as a new TA
We were not contacted. Spent many days on holds before being disconnected or having to hang up,

I’m so stoked! Our first 3 nights are in a Poly studio rental, and we did ask about staying there, but they said they didn’t have anything. This is a great alternative though! I can’t wait!
What a great upgrade! We had the same room type at CBR but ended up getting BWV studio—thrilled for you that you got a 1BR, nonetheless a savanna view! Did that take any pushing or were you offered that initially?

What a great upgrade! We had the same room type at CBR but ended up getting BWV studio—thrilled for you that you got a 1BR, nonetheless a savanna view! Did that take any pushing or were you offered that initially?
So I had to ask my friend who did the talking, and she said after she asked about the Poly and it wasn’t available, the CM literally asked “Which DVC would you like to stay in?” :scared1: She told him AKL, and he said “Done!” I am shocked that’s how the conversation went!!! Shocked but also amazed!

Have everyone's "price protection" adjustment been reflected in what you see on MDE? It's been a week and I still see the higher price that should have been adjusted. The CM said it would take a while, but I thought that meant a day or so. Our change was from ASMu to POP.

My son and his fiance had ASMu booked for Aug 21-30th and were moved to Pop with price protection which I am happy about as hubby and I are at Pop. They booked themselves through Disney

We were scheduled originally for 6/3/2020, but rescheduled for 6/8/2021 at POFQ. I called today to add park tickets and was told that POFQ was not opening up next year. *shocked So in order to add park tickets I was given the option of moving to Coronado or CBR. I chose CBR even though I'm not thrilled about it. Might be rescheduling again.

Has any official work been made about POFQ or PO RIverside being closed through next year?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter