Prayers for Mom * Dad (now) * - Update Post #97

Go "Mom"!!! Keep on fighting!

And Tigger, you know as well as I that doctors are proven wrong every single day by people who recover in way they were told would never happen.

:hug: to you and your entire family!

Go "Mom"!!! Keep on fighting!

And Tigger, you know as well as I that doctors are proven wrong every single day by people who recover in way they were told would never happen.

:hug: to you and your entire family!

Wow! I think you just said what I was going to say before I got to say it!

Your mom is a fighter Tigger.

I'm still keeping you and your family in my prayers:hug:

Ok Lyn, sounds like the prayers are working. Good news with those CT scan results. Her doctor may have just said what he did because of his knowledge of the chances for recovery. Think of it as that you are getting better than expected news.

Sorry to hear you took a step backwards in recovery. Protonix? That must be the hot drug of the moment. Keep us updated and I can't wait to get the news that you are being discharged.

I am collecting extra bat bags from Host games for you. I can't help out with the quests because if I'm not at work on the weekend, I'm at my Dad's getting the house in order. I think all the prizes in the Host quests thus far are current buyables so you're not missing anything. If not, maybe a fellow DIS'er could gift you an extra.

Here's more pixie dust and prayers coming from my way! Hugs, Horse

Edits in Bold and Underlined :thumbsup2

My dad and brother came to the hospital to see mom, so I met them downstairs (I am on the 5th floor), to go to ICU to see mom (she is on 3rd). Going to see if I can be transferred to a room on the 3rd floor to make it a little easier. *Unfortunately* this is not going to happen :headache:

When we first got in there, mom's right arm was REALLY twitching while the right side of her face was really spasming. I attributed her arm twitching to her Parkinson's, but the spasming of the face was almost like she was having a seizure of some sort. So, I took a couple of fingers and rubbed her face in the temple region, while lovingly stroking her arm. All the while I was saying to her "Mom, just relax, its okay and it'll pass soon, I love you, just relax" and doggone it if she did not stop the twitching and spasming within 2 minutes :cool1: The nurse was even VERY surprised that mom responded to the sound of my voice and to my touch :yay: She had had these episodes a couple more times while my dad, brother, and I were there. :scared:

My mom's sister just stopped up to see me and while she was visiting my mom, mom had another twitching/spasming episode and the nurse was going to give her some seizure medication, just as they had done when we were down visiting her. However, the nurse never implied it was any seizure medication, because I *specifically* asked if she was having a seizure :headache: :confused3

She is still intubated, but they are now giving her CPAP (Continuous Positive Airway Pressure) which is giving her lungs pressure so they will expand to their fullest capability. Just the same way they do for premature babies whose lungs are not mature enough.

Of course with the good there is always a bit of bad and during the middle of the night, she started bleeding in the brain and they were just hanging her 4th unit of blood :sad2: :sad2: Just have to keep praying that the bleeding does not get SO severe nor worsen in the region at the base of the skull, for that is instantaneous death :eek:

She is starting to run a fever, 101.6. I know after surgery, it is not unlikely to run a fever, but this seems to be a bit above and beyond the normalcy.

Okay, this is the EDITTED Update for October 18, 2007. I will also throw in a few updates about my own health status, as it is just easier to do it all on 1 page ;) ;)

:love: and :hug:
Lyn
TiDoubleGer

I am sorry to hear she is still having bleeding, but so thankful your mom could hear your voice and respond by calming down. My heart aches for you at this time. I am sure this is not helping your medical condition.

Hugs my friend

Ah dear tigger.:grouphug: ( us) :love: (you):grouphug: (us). You're surrounded by loving friends who are right there with you in spirit with love and prayers and pixie dust. Keep talking to " MOM" when you are with her. It'll do you both good i think.

-hugs
May

I'm extremely sorry to hear this. I never saw this, so I did not post. I am sorry that I did not. I am glad to hear the old update but saddened by the new one. Your mom will be in my thoughts and prayers. I hope she fights this and stays here.:hug:

Im glad your staying in there. I would jsut break down. I hope your Mom and family gets better and can pull through this.

Lyn, I'm so sad to read all of this! Your mom, you, and your family are in my prayers.

Remember too that doctors and nurses and all don't know everything, they can't predict the future. They can make assumptions based on past cases and past experience, but they can't predict miracles. I think most are just trying to prepare people for the worst, but I do agree that they sounded rude. When my grandfather was very ill before he passed away, we had some nurses in particular who were downright nasty about things to me and my mom in particular. I am always grateful for anyone in the medical field, but none of them have any right to treat people who believe in miracles and/or the power of prayer like they are stupid. :sad2: In my view, God has more power than any of them will ever have, and He works in mysterious ways, as they say. I don't expect everyone to agree with me, but I do expect the common courtesy of people respecting my beliefs; that was an upsetting experience, but it makes it easy for me to relate to what you're talking about. It's just a shame that some medical people look down on anything they have not learned in training. So my point is, even if doctors sound like they give up hope, never let that stop you from hoping. Never ever give up. :hug:

Prayers and hugs to all of you! :hug:

Just checking in Lynn hows its going? And YES God does miracles and having your mom respond to your voice when they said that she couldn't is just one of them :)

Things are not looking good for mom at all :sad: She is having "focal" seizures every 2 - 3 minutes and can last up to a 1 minute long. These "focal" seizures happen in the same place of the brain, and they are trying various IV medications for it, but none of them seem to be working :sad2:

She has developed a staph infection in her lungs, called the new SUPERBUG - STAPH MRSA because it kills people before they can get the *right* antibiotic to the person. This new staph is sweeping across the nation killing a lot of people and there is nothing that can really be done, because of its ability to become resistant to several antibiotics. The Dr is saying that she probably developed it at home first, but MRSA infections are most common in hospitals and other institutional health-care settings, such as nursing homes, where they tend to strike older people, those who are very ill, and people with a weakened immune system.

The tube feeding that they were doing was all for naught, as she threw it all up last nights. This means that she is getting NO NUTRITION whatsoever. If she makes it through the next couple of night, they will start her on TPN therapy.

FINALLY, dad acknowledged that mom is NOT getting ANY better like she did back in 2004, or even this past June when she fell, and sees that she is getting worse and worse and she would not want to be kept alive like this :sad: :sad: :sad: So, since my brother is out here now, I think this may be the time that we come together as a family and let mom go home to God, her parents, brother, and many other friends and family.

Thank you ALL for your continued :goodvibes: prayers and :pixiedust:. It is so difficult to thank each and everyone of you, but please know that I and my family are very indebted to you for your understanding.

:love: and :hug:
Lyn
TiDoubleGer

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: and pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

FairyDust.gif

A time like this can be very hard and even harder when you do not have friends and family to support you. You have friends here and we will all be praying for you and your family. :grouphug:

Keep praying and keep talking to her ! I would even read to my husband and hung pictures of the family near his bed ! In my heart I believe they do hear you ! God Bless ! :angel:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter