Pre-cruise hotel stay

wisteria1019

A dream is a wish your heart makes
Hello,
We are a family of six, myself, two adult daughters and their three Littles who will be 6, 6 and almost three at the time of sailing - May, 2025. My girls grew up going to WDW, we were once DVC members. Only one granddaughter has visited.
We are booked on a five night DCL trip at the end of next May and plan to spend two nights at a Disney Resort. The first day we will hang at the pool and explore Disney Springs, second day will be spent at the Magic Kingdom.
The budget maven in me says get two rooms at an All Stars, the Disney fanatic whispers “Surprise them, go big, share a monorail hotel”. Will the experience justify the price tag?
Also, is it possible to catch the DCL shuttle from a WDW hotel or do we need to board at the airport?

Thank you!

As lovely as the monorail resorts are, I wouldn't want to squeeze 5 guests + 1 under-3 into one room with one bathroom. The only one I would, maybe, consider would be a studio at Poly for the split bath.

Maybe make a slight budgetary compromise? Since one of your goals is to visit DS, perhaps consider 2 rooms at POFQ instead of All Stars? The pool is quite conducive to little ones and there is a boat to DS making visiting there super convenient. It's also a very small resort with a great food court (plus beignets and even live jazz at night!) and only one bus stop making getting to MK on your other day quite easy, IMHO.

You can book a bus from your WDW resort to Port Canaveral through DCL.

Thank you, that’s exactly what I have been contemplating. Port Orleans French Quarter is my favorite resort - I love the smaller size and boat option to DS.

Based on what you’ve said, I just can’t see you being at the resort enough to justify the expense of a deluxe resort.

You could do a family suite at All Star Music or Art of Animation. That would be a single room, but you’d have multiple bathrooms and lots of space.

Sounds like a fantastic land/sea vacation. Have a fantastic time!

Two rooms at POFQ and yes DCL bus will pick you up at your resort. $39 or $45 at this time per person for shuttle to Port. An uber or lyft would be much less.

Two rooms at POFQ and yes DCL bus will pick you up at your resort. $39 or $45 at this time per person for shuttle to Port. An uber or lyft would be much less.

The problem with the uber/lyft is there is an under 3 who needs a 5 point and some of those car seats in ubers are pretty beat up.

OP I'd actually price out a transfer through a car service where you can get a 5 point restraint and then compare the price to the DCL transfers.

Nope, the price shock of that will not justify the splurge on a monorail resort when DCL is The Big Part of the trip.

Those ages are especially nice for values as the kids could get a kick out of the larger than life statues.

The problem with the uber/lyft is there is an under 3 who needs a 5 point and some of those car seats in ubers are pretty beat up.

OP I'd actually price out a transfer through a car service where you can get a 5 point restraint and then compare the price to the DCL transfers.
Ok

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter