Premium Annual Passes for DVC Members for $399!

I personally think it is a dumb move. People would pay more for for a PAP knowing they could make it up with the additional discount. After the DVC promotion ends, there's no reason to buy a PAP if you don't do water parks.
True. I guess my problem is that a lot of people already bought passes before this announcement and have certain expectations based on 2012 rules. Maybe they sold enough PAPs they don't care if no one else buys between 12/21 and 12/31. I just felt duped.

As I said... this pretty much covers them though. "Offers are subject to change without notice and are subject to availability."

Well, the loss of the 20% discount just made my decision easier. I wasn't planning on using any of the plus benefits, so the 20% discount was my main incentive for buying. Since our 2013 trip is still tentative, I would have been taking a gamble by purchasing the PAP since we may not make it down there to activate it in time. Now that the 20% discount is off the table, I have no problem in waiting until we firm up our plans. Then I'll just pay the extra $25 and get a regular AP voucher with no deadline to activate.

I was all set to purchase mine until the news hit. Disneyquest is not a huge draw to us. The waterparks would have been nice but we would have really only gone on weekends and I know it would always be crowded. But the 20% was huge to us as we like to shop and that discount would have been awesome.
So I guess I'll just stick with my regular AP.

Count me among those who will now NOT buy another PAP before Dec. 31. I guess we really don't need any more Disney merchandise anyway.

We rarely buy any Disney merchandise these days. We always look but we just don't find anything we like enough to buy.

We do enjoy the water parks but had stopped going because we stay only a few hours and it wasn't worth the price of admission. After buying a discounted PAP this past October, we went back to Typhoon Lagoon for the first time in ages and really enjoyed ourselves. We look forward to going again on our next trip. We also went to Disney Quest for the first time ever and had fun there too and will be going back for a few hours next trip.

I just bought PAP certificates a few days ago so that we can continue to enjoy Typhoon Lagoon and Disney Quest for another year. We might even give Blizzard Beach a try.

I'm sorry to lose the 20% shopping discount since, who knows, we might eventually find something we want to buy. Having the option to go to the water parks for only $14 more than the price of an AP renewal is a no-brainer for us.

Hey, prior to the 20% discount, Disney World only gave discounts at World of Disney. At least they are going to offer 10% at most locations.

Remember, the 20% was originally only supposed to be temporary. That being said, there is still a chance that they will extend it again, as I recall they have been doing that at about 1-2 days before it's set to expire.

That being said, there's not a lot of merchandise that I will buy in the parks, I live close enough to the Disneyland outlet that I can get discounted merchandise at a much more reasonable price, although they have been going up lately.

For us, we ended up buying the PAP, as it was only a few dollars difference between the 10 day pass and it, at least since we always get the park hopper option and we thought having the water parks added in there would be nice.

So, the renewal for a regular annual pass is $410.03 with tax, and the premium annual pass with tax is $424.94??

We always go the first of March for 2 weeks, and I don't care much for the water parks or Disney Quest, and with the 20% discount cut to 10% as of next week, there is really no advantage? I think I will stick with the renewal of our regular annual passes at the lower price.

Question, do I actually have to go through a turnstile to activate? Our current passes expire in Nov, and might not be there in Dec to walk through. Wondering if a phone call is enough.

Question, do I actually have to go through a turnstile to activate? Our current passes expire in Nov, and might not be there in Dec to walk through. Wondering if a phone call is enough.

You don't simply walk through the turnstile. You must stop at Guest Relations with the PAP voucher (or other proof of purchase), photo ID and DVC member ID card. All PAP holders must be physically present to activate their passes.

You CAN have overlapping passes so if you will be visiting sometime before the November expiration of the current Passes, you could still activate the new PAPs. But they would expire one year from the exact activation date.

Tried to call this afternoon to get my pass but member services closed at 4. And of course it was 4 when I called. :mad:

phorsenuf said:
Tried to call this afternoon to get my pass but member services closed at 4. And of course it was 4 when I called. :mad:

Why wait till literally the last minute? Everything major (banks, accounting offices,etc) closed at noon today. I am surprised MS was open till 4!

Go online to DVCmembers.com and just order it online through the link there.

Why wait till literally the last minute? Everything major (banks, accounting offices,etc) closed at noon today. I am surprised MS was open till 4!

Does anyone have a working link for the AP's? I keep getting an error when I click the link via member services.

Jen

This promotion was announced in September and began Oct. 1st!! And you wait until 4 p.m. on NYE, the day the promotion ends, to call MS? *headdesk*

+1

jelliott04 said:
Does anyone have a working link for the AP's? I keep getting an error when I click the link via member services.

Jen

I was able to still get to an active link if u go to DVCmember.com, then MEMBER PRIVILEGES, then Member perks, then Walt Disney World, then Walt Disney world annual pass savings, then Wdw annual pass saving again, then under "how to purchase a pass" click on WALT DISNEY WORLD TICKET STORE

Because I forgot. Been a bit busy lately. ;)

I was able to still get to an active link if u go to DVCmember.com, then MEMBER PRIVILEGES, then Member perks, then Walt Disney World, then Walt Disney world annual pass savings, then Wdw annual pass saving again, then under "how to purchase a pass" click on WALT DISNEY WORLD TICKET STORE

Thanks so much for the directions on where to find the link. I had looked before and couldn't find. Just ordered them. Thanks so much! Happy New year!

phorsenuf said:
Thanks so much for the directions on where to find the link. I had looked before and couldn't find. Just ordered them. Thanks so much! Happy New year!

Glad that you were able to order the passes before the deadline!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

What is it with all the rude comments about waiting to buy the pass until today? :confused3 If you have nothing nice to say, then you should not say it at all. And, if you do not want to help someone, then don't and skip posting the negative messages.

Happy New Year to those who are helpful and happily participate in this online community! party:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter