Princess Half Marathon Weekend 2025 (Feb 20-24 2025)

Joining in! I’d been struggling with which home resort to book for this weekend. The past couple years we’ve done BLT, but last month we had the worst bus trauma of any of our rD race weekends ever! And this was just for the two challenge races (we were so thankful for the monorail Sunday morning)! Finally decided against a MK resort and booked our absolute fave, BCV. Excited to see themes! 😅

Joining in! I’d been struggling with which home resort to book for this weekend. The past couple years we’ve done BLT, but last month we had the worst bus trauma of any of our rD race weekends ever! And this was just for the two challenge races (we were so thankful for the monorail Sunday morning)! Finally decided against a MK resort and booked our absolute fave, BCV. Excited to see themes! 😅
I've been brainstorming ideas for next year, but it does depend on the theme. I rarely dress with the theme of the actual race, but sometimes I can be inspired to.

Am I the only one that finds it weird that Marathon registration is just around the corner, while Princess registration is literally months from now?
No, it seems like the registrations should be closer to each other. I mean, W&D and MW are over 2 months apart, but the registrations are only a month apart, so why isn’t it the same for MW and Princess? Same with the DL registration being so far away.

I thought that too about the registration dates, but then I was wondering if they do MW a bit early because it takes so much longer to train for a full?

How many times do y'all change your costume choices :rotfl2: I thought I was settled on one character, now I'm being pulled towards another character...
There are definitely times I’ll think one thing then I’ll find or at times not find something and I’ll pivot

First time chiming in…I asked about the timing of the registrations. Someone told me that yes, it partly has to do with how long it takes to train for the marathon. (4-6 months depending on how experienced you are.) 😉

I was thinking maybe Snow White, since the live action movie is coming out next year.
Snow White would be a great princess to headline! I don't recall if/when she has ever? At least, not in recent years but then again, my first princess was 2020.

Snow White would be a great princess to headline! I don't recall if/when she has ever? At least, not in recent years but then again, my first princess was 2020.
She was the half in 2018.
Cinderella 75th I believe. And Moana 2 coming out this fall.
2023 had both Cinderella and Moana on medals, so I am ready for some different ones.

I do think one will be Snow White, even though the live action looks like a dumpster fire popcorn::. Then again, I hate the whole live action trend...

I will once again say if they go out of the box with the 5k and make it Kida, Eilonwy or Fox’s Anastasia I’ll 100% find a way to do both that and my Gasparilla challenge that weekend

I will once again say if they go out of the box with the 5k and make it Kida, Eilonwy or Fox’s Anastasia I’ll 100% find a way to do both that and my Gasparilla challenge that weekend
I think they’ve mostly forgotten about Kida and Eilonwy 😭

I doubt it, since they're sticking with the official Princess line for themes, but I did appreciate having more than just the Princesses on the course this year. My big bummer was getting in line for the stepmother and stepsisters just as the stepsisters were taking a break. I went on my way after that, but would've LOVED a picture with all 3!

I’m probably going to do the Princess this year, and I’m fine with any princess so long as the medals look good. Traditionally, Princess has some of the best-designed medals of the races, but the last couple years have been really disappointing. I ran it in 2022, and got the medal I heard described as “burn victim Mulan.”

1712935631765.jpeg

More of this please:

1712935764011.jpeg

I was thinking maybe Snow White, since the live action movie is coming out next year. Are any movies having anniversaries in 2025?
I'm also thinking Snow White because of the live movie.

Supposedly they decide on the themes months, even years, in advance, so I'm guessing they were expecting Snow White to have been out around that time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter