Princesses at CRT and Akershus

We did CRT, Akershus and Story Book for the princess meals as some of our character meals. I was pleasantly surprised by the food at CRT (no Cindy in the house, though) and thought both the food and atmosphere at Akershus was “OK”. If I were to rank, Story Book for us was #1, followed very closely by CRT (which I think would have been a tie if Cindy was there that day), then a non-princess character meal, then Akershus.

Ultimately, ya’ need to eat, so if nowhere else draws you in Epcot, by all means, do Akershus; it wasn’t bad at all, just didn’t really wow, either. YMMV.

Yes, the food is definitely something to consider too! The menu at Akershus seems a bit meh. We have Garden Grill and Akershus booked on the same day with the intention to drop one of these. The menu at Garden Grill definitely seems much better! We haven’t been to either before.

We did Akershus dinner and met Belle, Ariel, Aurora, Tiana, and Snow White. My little one wouldn’t touch the food (super picky) but loved the princesses.

We did CRT lunch and met Merida, Jasmine, and Cinderella. I was expecting more characters but I was told it was just those 3. Little one liked the food and did enjoy the princesses. I just wish I hadn’t expected more to come in because I wouldn’t have told her more were coming. My bad.

We did Akershus dinner and met Belle, Ariel, Aurora, Tiana, and Snow White. My little one wouldn’t touch the food (super picky) but loved the princesses.

We did CRT lunch and met Merida, Jasmine, and Cinderella. I was expecting more characters but I was told it was just those 3. Little one liked the food and did enjoy the princesses. I just wish I hadn’t expected more to come in because I wouldn’t have told her more were coming. My bad.
That was just recently? And did they have the little signature cards with only the 3 princesses listed at CRT? That does seem like a lot less than you’d expect!

Would anyone recommend doing both Akershus and CRT? Is there overlap in the princesses seen at both locations? We have a long trip booked (14 days), so two character meals wouldn't be excessive.
I don't think doing both is excessive. How soon is your trip? You could swap one out one for 1900 Park Fare to meet Aladdin, Cinderella, Mirabel and Tiana. We haven't experienced CRT yet (one day!). We really enjoyed Akershus and 1900 Park Fare (years ago)

Last edited:
Yes. Friday. The signature card listed all the possible princesses.
I think that normally, you’re supposed to meet a total of 4 princesses; Cinderella downstairs and 3 that vary while dining. When we went earlier this month, they had Merida, Aurora and Jasmine in the dining room, but no Cinderella downstairs.

While it’s clear that they don’t guarantee which princesses you should meet beyond Cinderella, I would think that they’d at least honor how many.

I wrote a quick, polite email to Guest Services, as my daughter was sad that she couldn’t meet Cinderella at Cinderella’s. I expressed displeasure that we paid a premium for a character meal specifically for the character experience, which fell short. I was hoping for a credit to MDE for a pair of individual lightening lane passes. Instead, they refunded 50% of the meal price, so about $130. YMMV.

I don't think doing both is excessive. How soon is your trip? You could swap one out one for 1900 Park Fare to meet Aladdin, Cinderella, Mirabel and Tiana. We haven't experienced CRT yet (one day!). We really enjoyed Akershus and 1900 Park Fare (years ago)
Early March! So we’ll just miss the opening of 1900 Park Fare! I would’ve love to try it though. We’ve never been to this either. Oh well! Just another thing to add for reasons to go back 😁

This past September we saw Snow White, Ariel, Sleeping Beauty, Jasmine and we could have waited to see Cinderella downstairs but didn’t.
It seemed like there were constantly princesses coming to our table!

Glad you got a refund djm!

So it lists more princesses than were actually there. This is tricky!!! I’m just bummed you only saw 3.
My 6 year old was bummed too, but forgot about it when I took her on Tomorrowland Speedway :) I was a little annoyed but since we did Akershus, we had met 5 there so it made up for it.

My 6 year old was bummed too, but forgot about it when I took her on Tomorrowland Speedway :) I was a little annoyed but since we did Akershus, we had met 5 there so it made up for it.
Ha! Tomorrowland Speedway is one of my 6 year old's favorites too. It cracks me up that it such a hit. Thanks for the tips, I think I may try Akerhaus.

Oh, this is fun. I hadn't even realized Akershus was open again (it's been closed for YEARS) and it was great the one time I went. It's nice to add Merida to the rotation because it'll end up a bit different, and there's no line (she was one of the harder Princesses to meet since it was outdoors and thus there's no, uh, "separate rooms").

The one time I did Akershus I only saw Snow White, Aurora and Cinderella, then Belle with the photo taken at the beginning as the hostess (the only time you get to meet "Dress Belle"). Interesting that there's now four in the rotation at dinner.

Edit: so I checked when it opened and I'm actually commenting on the post where it was announced- a month after I was last at the park- so I clearly knew about it and forgot, lol https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2022...ced-for-akershus-royal-banquet-hall-in-epcot/

Early March! So we’ll just miss the opening of 1900 Park Fare! I would’ve love to try it though. We’ve never been to this either. Oh well! Just another thing to add for reasons to go back 😁
Hi! Did you go to both and if so, which princesses were at each location?

Hi! Did you go to both and if so, which princesses were at each location?
We ended up cancelling Akershus, but went to CRT. Cinderella was downstairs in the foyer taking pictures before going up. At the restaurant we had Merida, Jasmine and Aurora. The signature card also included Ariel's, but she wasn't actually at the restaurant.

For the price and experience, I'm kind of wishing we kept Akershus instead. We were a party of 8, and were sat at a table for 6 with two chairs shoved on the ends. We had to physically shift the table in order for one person to get in and out. We are average sized people. Service was surly. I'm assuming partially because the tip is already built in, so they really don't have to try very hard. We would've had an automatic tip applied anyways due to our party size, but since it's prepaid and the tip is built in for every table, I imagine that there's really no incentive to offer anything above the basest of interactions. We only went because of the little ones in our group, but it's definitely a one and done!

Since I asked so many questions, here is an update from our trip the last week of April. We went midweek for dinner and saw Cinderella downstairs and Merida, Aurora, Jasmine, and Ariel upstairs.

Since I asked so many questions, here is an update from our trip the last week of April. We went midweek for dinner and saw Cinderella downstairs and Merida, Aurora, Jasmine, and Ariel upstairs.
Thank you for your reporting back. How was your experience may I ask please? How was the character interactions and the food?
I can’t decide between CRT and Akershus for our 6 year old GD. I’m not sure if the experience is worth the extra cost.

Thank you for your reporting back. How was your experience may I ask please? How was the character interactions and the food?
I can’t decide between CRT and Akershus for our 6 year old GD. I’m not sure if the experience is worth the extra cost.
I went in with low expectations due to varying feedback, but it was worth it for us in the end:

1) we did not wait long to be seated
2) all of the princesses were nice and came by toward the beginning of the meal (our rest was 6:00)
3) the food was good - better than I expected based on reviews (but the cost is still high - you’re paying for the experience)
4) a CM came around to make sure all princesses had visited our table
5) our server seemed very busy (lots of tables), and not completely attentive, but we asked for more kids cheese and grapes and got them and he got the job done and was polite

I went in with low expectations due to varying feedback, but it was worth it for us in the end:

1) we did not wait long to be seated
2) all of the princesses were nice and came by toward the beginning of the meal (our rest was 6:00)
3) the food was good - better than I expected based on reviews (but the cost is still high - you’re paying for the experience)
4) a CM came around to make sure all princesses had visited our table
5) our server seemed very busy (lots of tables), and not completely attentive, but we asked for more kids cheese and grapes and got them and he got the job done and was polite
Thanks so much for your feedback!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter