Products You Miss

The-story-of-Pillsbury-Space-Food-Sticks-the-vintage-snacks-for-astronauts-that-kids-loved-250x167.jpg
Oh, man, do I remember those.

I ate them every day.

As I remember they were kind of like eating a warm crayon.

My original L’Oréal hair color - it’s been discontinued for about a year now. I used to get so many compliments on my hair color. Other ladies would ask me - where do you get your hair done and I’d say - my bathroom 🙂👍🏻
I thought 'Nothing', until your post.

L'Oreal Couleur Experte 6.4 Ginger Twist, lasted three years longer in Canada, and just left in store last month. (And 7.3 Butterscotch Creme...)

Women have pitchforks all over the internet about this colour. It's epic. 😁

Last edited:
Reactions: slo
My favorite tea. I have 5 precious bags left. It’s so hard to find tea without hibiscus.

F24D65C8-864C-4B0F-8715-A2D354FE25C9.png

When cereal manufacturers were proud to shout SUGAR on the boxes and in advertisements.

Plus of course the free toys inside the boxes. I cajoled my mother to buy some cereals just for the toy but didn’t like the cereal.

C1D83A1D-900D-4189-9121-ADF0CF71A5B2.jpeg
92F0529C-B928-492D-8540-0650CC5EAF24.jpeg
19A03C4B-B0B8-4D23-AE1B-88F0297C8115.jpeg

Chef Boyardee lasagna kit (in a box). I absolutely loved that stuff - the sauce had green peppers in it and had such a great flavor. I would pay good money to buy a case right now!

And, from my childhood, Keebler Soft Batch sugar cookies. They had a slight lemon flavor and were just divine - a rare treat in our household, and we inhaled them any time Mom splurged on a bag.

I have a new one……

Went to Merle Norman (a store that sells makeup and skin care (their brand only)) to buy my most favorite eyeliner color to find out it’s discontinued. I went from feeling all excited about getting my new eyeliner to…..
CDBCF53E-CA61-496C-8B0C-984B2F3CA8B7.jpeg

General Mills Milk & Cereal bars. Was a great on the go breakfast, everything that replaced them are now "snack bars" that are all overly sweet. Honey Nut Cheerios was my preferred flavor.

I don't miss certain products so much as I miss the way things used to taste.

When I was a kid, Kraft mac and cheese, Velveeta Shells and Cheese, and mass-produced chocolate (like Kit Kats and Nestle Crunch) all tasted SO much better. Snack cakes too, like Hostess and Little Debbie. What happened?

Oh yeah, and Planters Cheez Balls. I was so excited when these came back but they weren't the same. :( RIP my childhood.

Last edited:
I also really liked the Friendly’s Jubilee Roll. Haven’t had it in a long time, but didn’t realize it was discontinued. How about Viennetta, which was sort of similar, made by Breyer’s I think?
Viennetta is back, but like my earlier post in this thread, now tastes like garbage.

https://www.thekitchenmagpie.com/classic-homemade-nuts-and-bolts-recipe/
It's a ubiquitous Canadian Christmas treat. This particular recipe doesn't call for Bugles but tons of people use them, as well as a uniquely Canadian cereal called Shreddies, which I'm sure you've never heard of. :goodvibes
My Kentucky grandma made 'nuts and bolts' that was pretty much the exact thing... I had no idea it was Canadian. It's basically Chex Mix with variations to taste. Grandma put Cheerios and mixed nuts in hers, along with pretzels and chex. So good.

BIO Leave In Conditioner from Bath & Body Works
the caramel perfume line from Victoria Secret

The conditioner I happened to find a long lost bottle but used it up last year. That stuff was great and can't find a good replacement.
The caramel perfume, I still have my bottle but use it sparingly. Still wish they'd come up with something similar again.

My Kentucky grandma made 'nuts and bolts' that was pretty much the exact thing... I had no idea it was Canadian. It's basically Chex Mix with variations to taste. Grandma put Cheerios and mixed nuts in hers, along with pretzels and chex. So good.

My Grandma (also from KY) made "nuts and bolts" at Christmas every year. Her had Cheerios and pretzel rods in it too.

Diet soft drinks sweetened with cyclamates. That is the only sweetener that, to me, tasted like sugar. U.S. banned it in 1969 due to suspected cancer risk. Fast forward 54 years, and it is still legal in 130 countries who feel it is less of a cancer risk that the other artificial sweeteners....including the U.K and Philippines, who banned it too, but then lifted the ban because decades of their research indicated it is safer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter