PTR:Moving to WDW & Earning Your Ears! (TRIP REPORT HAS STARTED!) 8/14

Hi!

DH is from Pa, too. And, he's a teacher (trying to find a job.) Small world!!

Are you a Steelers fan, too? Haha. He's OCD about the team.

I'm going to guess CR!!

Hi!

DH is from Pa, too. And, he's a teacher (trying to find a job.) Small world!!

Are you a Steelers fan, too? Haha. He's OCD about the team.

I'm going to guess CR!!

:welcome:

I wish I was trying to find a job :( I still have not passed my final Praxis exam to get my certificate so until that happens I'm stuck in Pre-K but I enjoy it and will probably never want to teach above 2nd grade because I'm spoiled with the little ones now!!

I am a Steelers fan! Have you ever been to Training Camp? They host it at the college I went to so I was lucky enough to work security for them for 4 years in college! It was a great job and paid very well. I got to drive golf carts of players and coaches to and from the dorm to meals and locker room! I'm sure your DH will die when he hears that :)

I'm gonna guess you snagged the CR !! popcorn::

hm..maybe?!

I hope it's the Poly! Can't wait to hear what you decided. popcorn::

hm..maybe??

My guess is BC :goodvibes

close!

Glad you got that taken care of! :)

Thanks :) Thanks for the PM also, my CM friend was able to add the dining! :thumbsup2

You have no idea how lost I feel without having the ability to book things myself anymore. I'm so OCD as it is and I feel so out of control and not happy about that haha!

Well...are you ready to take your final guesses!??

I'm going to make you wait for a few more lines :)

I need to vent first:

At school where I work, we are having an AC battle with the one lady at our front desk who's job title is "special events coordinator" aka: feels the need to boss all the teachers around an "P" us off! Well, the air last summer had to be set on 74, no problem right!? Well this year she claims that it has to be on 75 (her excuse: because she told a new family that's the rules) and has been fighting with us on it. The director seems to not care either so Monday morning, I go into work with a flipping lock box over our AC thermostat. Gotta love how they claim we don't have a lot of money for the center yet have money for lock boxes and a vending machine?! :scared1::eek::sad2:
So then today, I get in at 9am and open the windows to try and cool it down before it hits 87 degrees and this lady comes in and turns our air totally off! I phoned the director up front and basically demanded that the air be turned on and why. I'm sorry but with 18 kids in the room plus 2 teachers, it gets HOT and fast. We can also see a huge difference in behavior too. It's sad really!
If anything..all these pointless things should inspire me to study VERY HARD to pass my Praxis in July and get a Public School teaching job!

Okay now my vent is over! I was just curious as a parent, teacher, or human how you felt about that situation???

NOW FOR THE GOOD NEWS!!!!!!

RESORT CHOICE:

DRUM ROLL PLEASE.....

AND THE CHOICE WAS:

35_Contemporary_Resort_From_Narcoos.jpg

I was super excited that CM friend "D" was able to book it for me :) With the 40% off discount it was $270 a night for the Tower-Bay Lake view :thumbsup2 It seemed kind of a high price but then "D" told me that they had a coupon code out for 50% off, same discounts they were offering in March: 60% off for CMs and 50% for friends/family plus you can add the DDP for $25.99 a person without having to buy a ticket :) I was sooo happy and Nancy-CPersMom PMed me to confirm that and so "D" said she would be happy to call and get it changed for me today:thumbsup2

So that was it, it was CR, never stayed there before, super duper happy!!!

..or was I?

"D" booked this for me Wed night and I got up from bed on Thurs morning with a weird feeling in my tummy, like I did I make the right choice? She had quoted me $200 for BC/YC and $230 for Poly. So I called Mom..

She advised me that maybe go with a cheaper option even though we wanted to stay at CR. I went on disboards to CR and looked at pics--even though I've been there a dozen times to eat and use Sammy Duvall water crafts. When I looked at the pics, it to me didn't seem like home, like WL or Poly you know? To me, it seemed like concrete and cold?
I texted Dbro and asked if we should switch even though we had never stayed there.

In the end, we decided to switch...

AND WE SWITCHED TO:

064-1.jpg

YCRESORT.jpg

YACHT CLUB!!!!!!!!!!!

Why you may ask? When we stayed there in Dec for the first time, we fell in love with it. My fam always said that they didn't want to stay there because it seemed "yuppy" like GF but I convinced them to stay one night before we went to WL since I had booked the wrong dates and by the time we realized it, WL was booked for the CM discounts.

Well WE LOVED IT! We loved the room, the pool, the food options, and the location! We realize it doesn't have a monorail going through it or views of MK or even a decent food court but it does have everything else!

Dbro suggested one night at CR and 2 at YC but I told him, I was not putting "D" though that hassle of changing reservations like that!
I texted "D" yesterday afternoon and asked her if she would be willing to change it and she said no problem!

At 1pm TODAY, I she called with the update!

WE'RE BOOKED FOR YACHT CLUB!!!

Before I give you the $$$ details, please do not fall out of your chairs Dis Friends!

Resort Details:
3 nights, 4 days
Standard View room at 50% off
Basic DDP at 50% off
Room Price:
$170 per tax a night = $191.25 per night
DDP:
$25.99 x 3 days = $77.97 * 2 people = $155.94

Total Price:
$729.69

I was shocked that we were able to get Yacht Club at that cheap of a discount for in August..just think of the pool!!!!!!

So well, that is it for now!

I still need to:
~Book return flight
~Call DME and set it up
~Book ADRs

For ADRs we are planning on doing a 2 credit/or/Dinner Show for the first night and a lunch on the following day and then the day after that, Dbro will be at his Disney housing to begin his program.

Where would you eat?!!! I have eaten almost everywhere in the world and have eaten at all the restaurants in Epcot!

STAY TUNED!

Thanks :) Thanks for the PM also, my CM friend was able to add the dining! :thumbsup2

You have no idea how lost I feel without having the ability to book things myself anymore. I'm so OCD as it is and I feel so out of control and not happy about that haha!

Oh Megan I can totally relate to that! But at least you have great friends who can still do it for you :) (and soon your DB will be able to do it while you oversee him!! :laughing:)

So, the YC?? ~~~ Edited to add ..... Oh, I see you answered while I was posting! Yay! for the YC! That's our very favorite and we have it booked for December.

Dont you LOVE the CM dining plan discount! :D

I do love it! When I was a CM, I took advantage of it sooo many times! I really even think they should have it as an offer at not even a discount. My family would gladly pay full price to have the DDP but I can understand why it's not an option but I'm glad they do have select times that it's offered!

Oh Megan I can totally relate to that! But at least you have great friends who can still do it for you :) (and soon your DB will be able to do it while you oversee him!! :laughing:)

So, the YC??

Yes!!! I have a feeling this is going to be a second family favorite resort. WL will always hold a special place in my heart because it's a smaller resort and just feels like home away from home for us! I'm not sure why we didn't consider it this trip, I guess we will hope for another Dec WL trip :) I wonder if Dbro will ever out-grow the bunk beds?!

How about an ADR at Flying Fish? We almost always book there for one night each trip and it never disappoints :)

As a parent, if they shut off the air at my son's school and it reached high 70s, or 80s, I would freak. My son is miserable in the heat. He has been good entire year except for one day.....Reason....took kids out for recess and it was so humid. He had a huge meltdown and teacher was totally shocked as he is one of the best behaved kids in her class.

so yeah, you are right. they are nuts. You need temps to be comfortable to make for a positive learning atomsophere for kids and teachers....sorry for writing a book

Enough of that.

I was close. Yacht club looks so pretty. Are you allowed to use the pool at BC ?:goodvibes

As a parent, if they shut off the air at my son's school and it reached high 70s, or 80s, I would freak. My son is miserable in the heat. He has been good entire year except for one day.....Reason....took kids out for recess and it was so humid. He had a huge meltdown and teacher was totally shocked as he is one of the best behaved kids in her class.

so yeah, you are right. they are nuts. You need temps to be comfortable to make for a positive learning atomsophere for kids and teachers....sorry for writing a book

Enough of that.

I was close. Yacht club looks so pretty. Are you allowed to use the pool at BC ?:goodvibes

Thanks for the support!!!! I hope things will get better or we will be a room of 20 kids/2 teachers all sweaty and smelly..eww!

You are allowed to use the pool at YC. It's 2 resorts but they share the pool. You just show your room key to a lifeguard to get a wristband and then you are allowed in the pool area! Now we have to pray for good weather!

Thanks for the support!!!! I hope things will get better or we will be a room of 20 kids/2 teachers all sweaty and smelly..eww!

You are allowed to use the pool at YC. It's 2 resorts but they share the pool. You just show your room key to a lifeguard to get a wristband and then you are allowed in the pool area! Now we have to pray for good weather!

I hope things get better too :goodvibes

That is great they share a pool. Stormalong bay looks awesome :woohoo:

I do love it! When I was a CM, I took advantage of it sooo many times! I really even think they should have it as an offer at not even a discount. My family would gladly pay full price to have the DDP but I can understand why it's not an option but I'm glad they do have select times that it's offered!

Every time we've booked using out CM discount for rooms they've always offered the discounted dining plan. My goal is to stay at every resort at least once. I've made my way through all of the All Stars,Pop,POR,Car Beach,and Corando. :D Lots more to go!!

Every time we've booked using out CM discount for rooms they've always offered the discounted dining plan. My goal is to stay at every resort at least once. I've made my way through all of the All Stars,Pop,POR,Car Beach,and Corando. :D Lots more to go!!

That was kinda my goal too!

The ones I have not stayed at are:

GF
CR
BW
and campground (not sure if that counts or not?)

Woo hoo, the Yacht Club!!! Awesome choice! We've only stayed at the Beach Club but I bet it is just as nice there. :thumbsup2

Woo hoo, the Yacht Club!!! Awesome choice! We've only stayed at the Beach Club but I bet it is just as nice there. :thumbsup2

YAY, THANKS!!!

I should have said Beach Club since we already stayed at Yacht once but oh well! I love the pool (especially since it's exclusive) so I'll be praying for good weather between now and then!

HI DIS FRIENDS!

First off, I'd like to say, "HAPPY 29TH ANNIVERSARY TO MY MOM AND DAD!!!":love::hug:

I did a lot of "To Do" things today for the trip in Aug so I thought I would take the time to update the details!!

DATES:

AUGUST 6-10, 2010

GETTING THERE:

-We will be driving to Disney World so that Dbro has his car for his College Program.

-We will leave at 3pm on Friday August 6th and arrive in WDW late afternoon on Sat August 7th!

-I will be flying home on Tues Aug 10th

-I finally booked my flight today!!:

-Airtran
(I know you are already cringing at my choice of airline but it was $120 instead of Delta which was $150+)

**Flight leaves MCO at 7:56pm and gets into Dayton, OH at 10:05pm

This time I will pray that my luggage makes it in once piece without a broken wheel! :scared1: I really wish SW flew near where we live but they don't fly out of Dayton or Cincinnati. They do Lexington, KY; Indy, IN; and Columbus, OH. The closet of those is Columbus which is just shy of 2 hours away so unless their deal is super cheap, I don't see the need to drive nearly 2 hours to get to an airport? I guess I'm just spoiled having had Pittsburgh which has pretty much everything!

RESORT:

YACHT CLUB RESORT!!!
-3 NIGHTS/4 DAYS
-50% OFF CM DISCOUNT WITH 50% OFF REGULAR DDP
-TOTAL: 729.69

ADRS:

TO BE DETERMINED!

TO DO STUFF:

I Began to cross some things off my list to do today. I made my flight reservation, called to set up DME--DME said it was too early to make reservations through them so I had to call WDW reservations so we'll see how badly they mess this up (cuz they always do!).

I started putting together my binder/folder. Since we're going to the park for one day and it's a super short trip, I'm not doing a full-out hard-core binder! I did print a cover, mouskeepig envelopes, and printed park hours. :thumbsup2

WEEK VACATION TO COLORADO!

June 16-22, 2010

This week, my family and I are going to Denver/Vail, Colorado for a week! I will be doing a mini Pre-TR/TR on here to keep you guys occupied until the Aug trip! Stay tuned for details for the "side trip" :)

Mom and I are off right now to get some supplies for the trip!

HELLO TARGET TRAVEL SECTION!

Stay tuned for pics :)

HI DISer's!!!!

I just wanted to say HI from the Mile High City!! We finally made it to Denver last night :thumbsup2. Due to bad storms the night before in Cincy, at 7:30am yesterday, we knew our flight had been delayed from 8:20pm departure to 10:00pm departure. When we finally made it on the plane just before 10pm, we had to sit and wait for 8 passengers who were coming in from Raleigh who were also delayed for 4 hours so they were kind and waited. By 10:30pm we FINALLY took off an landed just after 11:00pm--Mt. time/1am Eastern. Our luggage came out right away and we took the shuttle to Dollar for our rental car. We spent maybe 5 mins there since dad has Dollar express and we piled into our Kia Sportage and were on our way! By 12:45am, we had gotten to our hotel just north of Denver to spend the night before heading south, then up the mountain to Vail for the rest of the week!

Side Note:
We were on the smallest gosh darn plane I have ever been on (only 17 rows, 4 seats per row) and a 3-ish hour flight was not fun on it! Dad assured us we would be going back on a Jumbo Jet! Hopefully that one will have more space!

Well that is it for now!! I'll update on here and via Facebook if you want to follow me! Take care!

Wow....sounds like an eventful trip to get there

Hope you have a nice time there!!

Megan,

Glad to hear you all made it to Colorado safely ~~ Hope you and your family have a great time on vacation! :) I look forward to reading your updates when you have time to check in ....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter