PTR:Moving to WDW & Earning Your Ears! (TRIP REPORT HAS STARTED!) 8/14

Hi Megan!
I need to get caught up but thought I'd say hello.

Amanda

:welcome:

Enjoy catching up!!!

I'm going to be updating tomorrow. Right now we're heading out to grab dinner and then heading to an amusement park *sadly not disney :( * for some rides and fireworks!

Hi, I'm joining, really enjoying reading your PTR so far!

I have the Complete Walt Disney World book that you bought, but the 2009 version, and I LOVE it! It has such amazing pictures! I'm considering buying the 2010 one, but don't a lot of the new books come out in August?

And the parks DVD's are amazing, I just got them a week or 2 ago and the only one I have left to watch is the Cruise line one, which I've seen before on the Travel Channel! I love the Disneyland one, I think it's my favorite, just because I've never been there and I have this weird fascination with Disneyland! :)

I like the binder too, I really have to get around to making one of those for my November trip, it will give me a way to pass the time!

Hey Megan :)

Hope you had a good 4th! My DD had fireworks practically at her doorstep last night and didn't really care if she saw them or not! :eek: That's what comes from being spoiled by Disney fireworks nearly every night for months on end!!

Checking back later for your update!

Hi, I'm joining, really enjoying reading your PTR so far!

I have the Complete Walt Disney World book that you bought, but the 2009 version, and I LOVE it! It has such amazing pictures! I'm considering buying the 2010 one, but don't a lot of the new books come out in August?

And the parks DVD's are amazing, I just got them a week or 2 ago and the only one I have left to watch is the Cruise line one, which I've seen before on the Travel Channel! I love the Disneyland one, I think it's my favorite, just because I've never been there and I have this weird fascination with Disneyland! :)

I like the binder too, I really have to get around to making one of those for my November trip, it will give me a way to pass the time!

:welcome:

My binder for this trip is a baby one compared to my usual ones but with just one park day and only 2 ADRs, I didn't feel the need to do a full-blown one. It will do I guess haha.

I'm really enjoying the book with all the details and pictures :) I have not seen the DL DVD yet..I'm sure I have on Travel Channel but I don't remember it. I haven't been to DL since 1999 so I really don't remember it and DCA was not there yet.

Hey Megan :)

Hope you had a good 4th! My DD had fireworks practically at her doorstep last night and didn't really care if she saw them or not! :eek: That's what comes from being spoiled by Disney fireworks nearly every night for months on end!!

Checking back later for your update!

Thanks!! What kinda of CM is your DD if she does not care about fireworks haha. I do agree with the whole spoiled of WDW ones though! Fireworks without music attached it just boring!

They are free??? I could have saved $27! I enjoy watching them as well..even though I worked and have been there a dozen times. I wish the Samantha Brown episodes would be on DVD!

Oh, I meant the ones you order from the WDW site (the vacation planning ones). I saw the set at Best Buy today and I think it was $27. :)

ohhh Gotcha!!! I have tons of those too!!! We're hoping for maybe a Free Dining pin code for in Dec..even though Dbro will be a CM, we would have to crunch numbers because if they did free dining, that might out-weigh 50% (prolly not but you never know)!!!

***HI DIS FRIENDS!!! I JUST WANTED TO SAY THAT I WILL BE BACK TOMORROW WITH AN UPDATE AND PICS!! THE LONG WEEKEND JUST FLEW BY AND NOW IT'S 9:30 AND I HAVE TO GO TO BED SOON!!! PLEASE LOOK FORWARD TO MY NEXT UPDATE!!

Yay! I'm looking forward to your update! :goodvibes

I wanted to ask you, what do you usually put in your Disney trip binders? I have never made one before but I am starting one for our upcoming trip but I'm not sure what all I should put in there. I don't want to miss something important!

Yay! I'm looking forward to your update! :goodvibes

I wanted to ask you, what do you usually put in your Disney trip binders? I have never made one before but I am starting one for our upcoming trip but I'm not sure what all I should put in there. I don't want to miss something important!

Thanks! I'm going to start it shortly!!!

I put in my binders: Packing lists, flight info, DME info, resort info, menus, ADR spreadsheet, park hours, park schedule, rental car info *if we get one, mousekeeping envelopes, map quest info if we drive, and any other tickets I might need like MVMCP tickets. I don't go full out with fancy tabs or a huge binder of sorts. I usually get the smallest "hard cover" one at Walmart so that it's thin to travel with since we usually fly. I just have a tiny thin folder with the hold punches and pockets for this trip since we are only doing 1 park day and 2 ADRs. There are no tabs lol.

30 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool1::thumbsup2

Well Dis Friends, I guess everyone and their brother has been on Disboards all night raving about the Free Dining extension because it has taken me forever to get on Disboards in a timely manor!

Here I am with another update!

I hope everyone had a great 4th of July! We spent ours eating at Red Robin and going to the local amusement park: Kings Island. We got there at 6pm only to find a power outage = most rides down, food places closed, gift shops closed, and 90+ degree weather. It was horrible. If we didn't have season passes we would have been MAD!!!! I guess they did zero refunds/rain checks. Those poor people!

On the 4th, I got MORE MICKEY MAIL!!!

Yes you guessed it..

001-1.jpg

Now let me just tell you my past history with the people at reservations and DME. After our 2nd trip this past year and having to deal with the clueless people at reservations who attempted to book my DME..2 different states and 4 people flying out of different states..they can't understand it so I call DME directly (yes there is a number!!) and they did it within 2 mins, and it's fixed.

This time, I knew there would be problems. I just needed 1 return bus ticket and no tags. I made sure to book my flight first before calling DME to supply the flight info right away. I called DME..they said it was too soon to do it and transferred me to reservations..When I opened the package I saw:

002-1.jpg

You have got to be kidding me! I even showed my mom. Later that day I was going through it again to take the pics and noticed:

003-1.jpg

So they did get it right. I don't have a flight number because I'm not flying in, just flying out so for once!!..they got it right!

This made me sorta sad :(

004-1.jpg

I thought about finding some random flight number and telling them just to get the tags but I didn't go through the hassle. :rotfl:

ADRs:

Well...we still do not have the ADRs booked for night 1. Dbro and I studied the menus today once again and we still don't know what to pick.

It's down to the following 3:

Aloha show:

ALOHA_1_998.jpg

Yachtsman Steakhouse:

DSC00516.jpg

and Narcoosees (pic via wdwinfo.com)

Narcoossees-01.jpg

We have honestly never been so torn! Aloha because Dbro has not done it and my parents got food poisoning on their Disneymoon in 1981 and won't go back but to me the food is eh. YS because we're staying at YC and we love steak and have never been there. Narc because we have never been there and I hear the food is awesome. Yes we are torn. We can get cat.3 for the show and there are still decent seating times for the other 2. Hopefully we decide tomorrow!

As far as the other ADR...I will let you guess. It's in Epcot..that is your hint!

POSSIBLE OCT TRIP:

I didn't mention this before but....I MIGHT BE GOING TO WDW AGAIN IN OCT!!! 3 of my former WDW roomies/co-workers want to do a reunion trip at WDW in Oct. The one girl is still a seasonal CM but with free dining and the possibility of her not being able to go..we're highly considering free dining. The weekend we wanted was blocked out but we're looking at the weekend before Halloween and it seems to be cheaper all around. I will be updating that. We have to decide by Aug 14. Does the cancellation policy apply to free dining as well? Cancel within 45 days and its $100 fee?

STAY TUNED!!!!

I think I got with Yachtman Steakhouse, never ate there, but seems like it be good one since that your resort :goodvibes

So, since you are takling about DME, let me ask out.

For my trip in September, we are a party of six. We are all flying down together on the same flight. However on the way home, they are leaving a day early.

So far I booked my flight and she will be doing her in 2 weeks. Once we both have our flight numbers, would it make sense to just call DME directly? What is the earliest I can call them? I dont want to wait too long and then not have our vouchers or tags in time

Thanks in advance :wizard:

Bummer on the situation at Kings Island :headache:

Thanks for the info about your binder! I am excited to put mine together now that I have some ideas of what to put in it! :goodvibes

Woo hoo! 30 days is so close! I'm sorry you had a bad time on the 4th, but just think- in 30 days you will be at WDW!!! :woohoo:

My vote for the ADR is Yachtsman Steakhouse!!

I think I got with Yachtman Steakhouse, never ate there, but seems like it be good one since that your resort :goodvibes

So, since you are takling about DME, let me ask out.

For my trip in September, we are a party of six. We are all flying down together on the same flight. However on the way home, they are leaving a day early.

So far I booked my flight and she will be doing her in 2 weeks. Once we both have our flight numbers, would it make sense to just call DME directly? What is the earliest I can call them? I dont want to wait too long and then not have our vouchers or tags in time

Thanks in advance :wizard:

Bummer on the situation at Kings Island :headache:

DME through the reservations is like a pain in my you know what! When I called back in June to book my DME, I called them directly and was told it was too soon to book DME through them and they transferred me to reservations. When I had the issues before, I explained to the DME people that I called reservations and they had messed up the info: all of us on one flight instead of 2 and all of us arriving at one time instead of 2 and flight #s being wrong.

I guess the only thing you need to be concerned about is that if you use the luggage tags, that they have the correct name and resort. When I booked back for the March trip, I was told that the booklet doesn't really matter, they can even print you out additional copies at the counter. They just like to have an idea of what time you are getting in and how many people.

I hope that helps. I would call 2 months out or a month and 1/2 and see what they say!!

Thanks for the info about your binder! I am excited to put mine together now that I have some ideas of what to put in it! :goodvibes

Woo hoo! 30 days is so close! I'm sorry you had a bad time on the 4th, but just think- in 30 days you will be at WDW!!! :woohoo:

My vote for the ADR is Yachtsman Steakhouse!!

Thanks!!

Well, after pondering for what seemed like months to finally settle on and ADR, we have reached a verdict! The choice was...

YACHTSMAN STEAKHOUSE!!!!

I was going to just wait till this weekend and book it and Dbro called last night while driving to his friend's house in Pgh, and said let's break this down more..if we're talking food quality, Aloha is for sure out. We're eating at a fish place on Sun so really that's what Narcoosees is based on so that's out so why not eat at YS since we're already staying there and it's steak based!!!

I went on WDW.com last night and booked it!

YS: 8/8, 2 adults, at 8:10pm. I would have liked it for 7:30 so we could maybe catch Illuminations but it was booked, 6:45 was the other time listed and that would be pushing it since we're driving in that day..who knows, traffic, accidents, weather..etc.

our other ADR...

CORAL REEF!!!! Dbro had wanted Le Cellier, but of course it's booked. We do have a 1:30pm ADR for Coral Reef on Sun 8/9.

So we will have a steak meal and fish meal and all is good :)

This weekend I will be posting our sad little one day in the parks schedule!

I thought I would update a little on personal life/health. Last Fri, I was getting into bed and about to sleep when I felt a pinch on an "upper area" of a female body. I checked it out, saw nothing, checked my sheets for a culprit and saw nothing and forgot about it. Monday rolls around and I felt a pinch again and found in the area from Friday a small red lump under the "upper area" of a female body. Thinking it was just a skin boil like when you shave your legs, I just left it be. Tues comes and now with the lump is a flat area with a huge red ring around it. I became alarmed and called the Gyno. I went last night, paid my $40 copay and was told "I dont know, Ill call in an antibiotic and follow up next week". I got up today and the area had grown in size and became very painful so after getting squeezed into my family dr. it turns out it was a spider bite that reacted and now is a staph infection :scared1:

I had to get a not so pleasant shot in my bum and now I'm on 2 different meds. I can't shower for 36 hours and theres a pen line around the area to watch for growth. Hopefully it gets better and it will all be fine!
So that is what is going on for the time being.

I'm talking to my group of friends about our Oct trip. It's all still up in the air since 2 for sure are going (myself and friend: J) and 2 are unsure. J and I want to book Free Dining---POP and possibly upgrade for $10 but the other 2 are not sure. The one girl is a CM and would probably book with a CM discount for her and the other girl. Really it's a mess because of having to pay in full 45 days before and not having a commitment is tough. We're not really sure how to tell the other 2 this is what's going on and we would need full payment and commitment by before Sept 6th.

If we book the room for 3 of us (not the CM girl), and she decides to go, are we able for the one girl to drop out of the room and go with the CM girl..see all a huge mess!! Or if both girls don't go can we cancel them off if its under the 45 period?! ugh!

Any advice would be great!

I'll be back this weekend, stay tuned!

Thanks for the advice Megan.

That is the most important for sure, the name and resort.

As long as I and my luggage make it to disney, I dont care if I ever come home :lmao:

Serioulsy, I will call about 45 days out to DME directly and see if they help me with the booklet for way home

That is awful about your bite. SO glad you went to your regular dr. Staph infections are serious. Hope you feel better :goodvibes

COuld you maybe send out an email to all of them explaining dilemmas and needing an answer by such and such date?

I find it is easier to do it via email then by phone, as you might say somethng wrong..I tend to do that...I like being able to think out how I word things before I say it, which is why I prefer writing an email for something like this.

Goood luck :wizard:

Yay, you picked Yachtsman Steakhouse!! I can't wait to hear about your meal there! :goodvibes

I am so sorry about your spider bite! I hope it gets better really fast so it doesn't bug you on your trip! :hug:

Ok...Tip on staph..make sure you disinfect EVERYTHING...even things you dont touch. I had that happen in the same area that you had and its a pain in the behind. I even kept lysol in my car and carried it with me incase I touched something in the store..ect. Now that you've had it once..your more prone to get it again. Soo be careful!!!!

Back to disney! Good choice....I've heard great things from that place!

Yay for choosing the Steakhouse! Still always makes me think of the Great Hotels show whenever I hear about that place. :laughing:

That would be so much fun to do a reunion trip with your roomies in October. Hopefully it all works out!

Yay for Yachtsman Steakhouse! I would love to try that place someday!

Ugh, sorry about your spider bite! That sounds horrible, I hope it gets better soon! :goodvibes

I'm sorry about your spider bite. My daughter recently had one on her arm and it took about a week or more to heal.
We ate at Yachtsman in April and LOVED it! It was very adult (which was what we wanted for an adults-only trip) and the food was very good.

Amanda

I'm sorry about your spider bite. My daughter recently had one on her arm and it took about a week or more to heal.
We ate at Yachtsman in April and LOVED it! It was very adult (which was what we wanted for an adults-only trip) and the food was very good.

Amanda

The area is becoming less red now and the shot still hurts like crazy but you do what you have to do! Good thing this didn't happen in a few weeks before the trip!!

Yay for Yachtsman Steakhouse! I would love to try that place someday!

Ugh, sorry about your spider bite! That sounds horrible, I hope it gets better soon! :goodvibes

Thanks :hug: I can't wait to see how it is. We went to Artist Point last Dec and loved it! We have stayed at WL many times and had never tried it and were very pleased with the food and service! Let's hope Yachtsman doesn't disappoint!

Yay for choosing the Steakhouse! Still always makes me think of the Great Hotels show whenever I hear about that place. :laughing:

That would be so much fun to do a reunion trip with your roomies in October. Hopefully it all works out!

Man, I really wish they had those shows on DVD! I was just thinking of your one TR/PTR where you talked about Stacy being on You Tube with the old resort loop video. I thought about looking that up!

Ok...Tip on staph..make sure you disinfect EVERYTHING...even things you dont touch. I had that happen in the same area that you had and its a pain in the behind. I even kept lysol in my car and carried it with me incase I touched something in the store..ect. Now that you've had it once..your more prone to get it again. Soo be careful!!!!

Back to disney! Good choice....I've heard great things from that place!

Thanks! I'm pretty sure that the kind I have isn't contagious.
The DR said that when the spider bit into my skin, it probably had some sort of bacteria on the fangs (gross I know!) and that's what caused the Staph Infection. My DR know's that I'm a teacher and work all year round so I'm sure if it was he would have said something and wrote a DRs note or something? If it is, good thing I called in sick today!!!

Thanks for advice!!!:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter