• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Morning. It’s still dark outside at 7:15 am,I get up around 6:30,but usually by now the sun starts to wake up. I went and did a very large grocery store trip ,stocking up on baking ingredients for the holidays, healthy snacks, and lots of fruit and veggies, but of course some potato chips , ice cream and sugary cereal ,my weakness.
QOTD: what is your favorite evening snack?

healthy -strawberries, and grapes
Indulgent - Pb and choc ice cream with Reese’s cups top

Healthy--apple or banana with peanut butter
Unhealthy--chips with onion dip, ice cream, brownies

Good morning all. Like you @sparkle78 I get up early (like 4:45 am) and it's still dark out until almost 7 or so. Still not fully light out, but they are saying we will be sunny and one last 78 degree day. High of 60 tomorrow and only 46 on Sunday??? That just might make the new furnace kick on, since we have the thermostat set for 65, lol! Have a great day everyone--it's almost the weekend!

hmmm I don't know off the top of my head, probably something salty though! Unless there are brownies. I can't resist a brownie!

Thanks everyone, for your good thoughts on behalf of our employee. He is experiencing a bit of head pain, so at my urging he is off to the ER. No word yet on other driver.

Todays drama comes to me in the form of a whining adult man who is proclaiming to all that "he's not wearing a mask" in the training he is doing this afternoon. Yes you idiotic man child, you are. And I will call you out in front of all the other construction guys who ARE wearing masks for being a whiny little you-know-what. Just try me....
BreathBreathBreath

Anyway, so much like the past several days, our mornings have started out cool, foggy and misty. We are promised a sunny, mid-70 temp day this afternoon though. Weekend looks fairly good, although Sunday the temps are taking a big dip. Saturday will be my shopping day, Sunday will be my cleaning & mowing day. Tomorrow morning will also be my first class since I rejoined the gym. It's called Body Pump and I am 110% sure I will be out of my league and unable to keep up but - gotta start somewhere, right?!

Morning. It’s still dark outside at 7:15 am,I get up around 6:30,but usually by now the sun starts to wake up. I went and did a very large grocery store trip ,stocking up on baking ingredients for the holidays, healthy snacks, and lots of fruit and veggies, but of course some potato chips , ice cream and sugary cereal ,my weakness.

healthy -strawberries, and grapes
Indulgent - Pb and choc ice cream with Reese’s cups top

QOTD: healthy green or purple grapes, carrots/celery/peppers w/ranch or dill dip; salami and cheese; popcorn (air popped with some cheese or sour cream and onion powder), apples w/peanut butter (better if chocolate pb, haha).

indulge myself: cake (my weakness is a good cake); ice cream; coconut cream or cherry pie (which I never get, because I'm the only one who eats those 😢 ) Not a big fan of brownies, but one will do in a pinch; same with cookies, unless homemade. Chips (sour cream and onion Lays; nacho cheesy or 'taco flavor' Doritos; cheesy Pringles; Cheetohs Hot w/Limon).

Absolutely nothing going on today. I stopped in to Publix yesterday for milk; left with a salami/cheese tray, carrots and celery stick, and eggnog. :cool1: Cleaned the house yesterday. Maybe I'll do a load of laundry; I think there's enough there for one load. LOL

Good morning.

Doing some laundry then need to pack clothes. I already packed groceries and paper products we are taking, and all the linens we need.

Todays drama comes to me in the form of a whining adult man who is proclaiming to all that "he's not wearing a mask" in the training he is doing this afternoon. Yes you idiotic man child, you are. And I will call you out in front of all the other construction guys who ARE wearing masks for being a whiny little you-know-what. Just try me....
You go girl! If my 3 year old DGD can wear one, so can a grown man.

A half cup serving of Turkey Hill Stuff'd Denali Moose Tracks - only 6 WW blur points. Or, if we have left over baked goods that. Or a graham cracker.

Good morning.

Doing some laundry then need to pack clothes. I already packed groceries and paper products we are taking, and all the linens we need.

You go girl! If my 3 year old DGD can wear one, so can a grown man.

A half cup serving of Turkey Hill Stuff'd Denali Moose Tracks - only 6 WW blur points. Or, if we have left over baked goods that. Or a graham cracker.

I hope you have a wonderful, relaxing trip!

Good Morning, all :)

t's still darkish here and very cool. I am extra thankful that the apartment is slowly cooling as well.

I did watch the Sweet Autumn Movie that I DVR-ed on Hallmark. So as not to give away too much, I'll just say by the time it ended, I wish it had continued :) It was a bit overdone and I was disappointed by one character choice. The Vermont scenery was beautiful! I also loved at the end when one of the characters shared something like when someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure. Share your treasure. Reminded me, Carol, of the "It Only Takes a Spark" Hymn sing from your church weeks ago along with each of us right here in this thread. We all choose, to be a kind light, to bring joy and faith to others. Thank you all again so much. I am going to DVR this evening A Very Vintage Christmas. I'll share about that after I watch it.

Have a Blessed and Happy day!

As to the QOTD, I don't snack much anymore. A warm from the oven baked treat sure is tasty :)

Last edited:
I usually have a square of dark chocolate. I like 87% or 92%. It is so rich without alot of sweetness. It is supposed to be good for you with antioxidants. It keeps me from overindulging in sweets.

@easyas123 I hope the young man feels better physically and emotionally. That is a tough time for him.

It is dark here in the morning until close to 7. From 6-7 the light very slowly comes across the sky. The one day I go into work I arrive at work when it is just getting light. Since I only work 4 hours that day I go home in the light. When I worked in the office full time, in the winter I arrived in the dark and left as it was starting to get dark. That was a bit depressing. It was like the whole day was gone while I worked.

Dinner out tonight. I hope the weather holds up so we can enjoy eating outside at least once more this year. We see all the kids and grandkids this weekend to see the new puppy. Younger DS has a labradooble puppy who is just adorable and surprisingly calm and good natured. I can't wait to pat her. Jasper's cough got worse today which I think may be related to the vet visit but we still decided to start him on an antibiotic and a course of low dose prednisone. The vet said it helped with another old man dog she has. If it can help get rid of the usual cough he has had it will be worth it. Of course since I called the vet to get the meds he has only coughed a few times. It is like taking a kid with a cough to the doctor. They never cough for the doctor. At least he did cough for vet on Wednesday at his visit.

Happy Friday and have a good weekend.

Prayers definitely sent for the young man involved in the accident. It’s so unfair that he has to live with that memory (especially connected with what should have been a proud occasion) and I do hope the other driver pulls through.

I’m more of an afternoon snacker than evening. But when I do want something late, it’s usually pretzels and cheese.

Last edited:
Happy Saturday everyone....had to catch up again this morning. I need to try and make sure I read and respond before going to bed at night. I had CPR/first aid recertification last night. Different, for sure, than the last time. Masks and social distancing so we just went over the procedures and no hands on this time so the instructor took a little longer than usual to make sure everyone was comfortable and remembered everything.

Hubby is working out of town again this weekend, bummed I couldn't go with again. This makes it 3 weeks in a row, he told them he will not work next weekend and is taking Friday off. He was able to come home a couple night this week so that was nice. I'm used to him being away from home often but I still miss him when he's gone.

One of the nights he came home we had to go get small fridge for our garage. Hubby has been wanting one for a "beer fridge" :laughing: but we needed it for sure because our main fridge is starting to go out. Of course I just went to Costco recently so we are stocked up on milk, eggs, cheese...etc I didn't want all that to go bad. Need to set up an appt for the repair guy to come out this week. This is the third repair on this dumb fridge, hopefully this one will be the charm and Whirlpool just replaces it. 🤞

Our cool weather has finally come in...yay. I'm so happy and hope it stays.

@flyingdumbo127 We're having issues with mail too. There has been a couple days we didn't get anything and I'm not sure if the mail person even came that day or not. We haven't got stores ads in weeks. One day I didn't see the mail truck until almost 9pm and yesterday we had mail before I got home at 3 and it was mostly stupid political ads. My uncle is a mailman and they've been working them 6 days a week, 12+ hour days so I'm understanding and feel for them. Its just nerve-racking thinking someone stole our mail(which is happening alot around here) instead of it just not being delivered.

@Breezy_Carol hope you a wonderful trip. Can't wait to see pictures.

@easyas123 Prayers for the young man at your work, what a horrible thing for him to experience.

So much more I wanted to respond to but i forgot and I'm on my phone...when I'm on my laptop I'm much better with quotes and replies.

Good afternoon everyone. 61 and cloudy here, down to 42 tonite and a high of 46 tomorrow with rain..Fall has definitely arrived :( Did errands early this morning. Walmart and Aldi's were both fairly empty. Walmart had 5 shelves full of disinfectant wipes, a shelf full of clorox with bleach and a few other cleaning products.

If you can spare more prayers.. Our 14 year old granddaughter passed out 3x yesterday and had seizures (never had them before). Her mother called the Dr after the first one and they got her right in. When she got there, it happened again, so they could see for themselves. They set her up for some tests today and sent her home to rest. (she had fallen down some stairs a few months ago, and hit her head,and since then has been forgetful, and stutters at times-also 'zones out' but we attribute that to being a teenager). Dr said they could all be signs of epilepsy which could result from a fall. Her mom went to the market last nite, and the younger daughter called her and said it had just happened again. Mom raced home after calling 911 and met them just as they got there. Took her to the er, where they did an MRI, checked her heart . did bloodwork etc. Said all looks normal? They told her to call Morgantown on Monday and make an appt with the pediatric neurosurgeon unless something else happens today. It's like just waiting and watching for it to happen again. Everytime her husband goes on the road, something happens. Its either the younger one with kidney infections, the 16 year old boy riding a motorbike and hitting a deer and almost breaking his ankle, or this :(

Have a nice afternoon all..I myself taped 2 holiday movies on Lifetime last nite, and I think Hallmark ones start tonite!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter