• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

@NYCgrrl :grouphug: I am so very sorry to hear the sad news about 'the man' and his passing. I remember you referring to him that way quite often. How terribly unexpected that must have been. Twice a survivor, wow, he was 'lucky' in a way those 2 times, but apparently he was needed in Heaven now. My sincere sympathy and prayers go out to you and your family. God Bless

:grouphug: and prayer, NYCgrrl. Peace to you my friend. I agree with Lynxstch that he was now needed in Heaven probably to also prevent future pain here on Earth. Hugs! I am so sorry :(

Easyas123, we are a family here to support one another through big and seemingly trivial things/times as well. What you shared made my head spin a bit just reading! What are they thinking indeed?! You just stay safe and take care!

Last edited:

@NYCgrrl So sorry for your loss. That is a shock. Sending thoughts and prayers to you.

It has been rainy and chilly here today.

Not a great day today. Jasper got very sick and we had to bring him to the vet. His liver enzymes are very high. He has been on prednisone and an antibiotic for a cough. Tonight he is spending the night at the emergency vet hospital. They did an ultrasound which shows liver inflammation. Tomorrow he sees another doctor. I believe our trip next month has become Jasper's health care. We are sad for poor little Jasper. We know he is old so will not go too far with this. We would like to know what happened. Yesterday and this morning he was fine. Then he was not. We are hoping and praying for the best.

DGD is accepting the news pretty well all things considered. She’s taken after the two of us by association if not blood (the man was her step grandfather). When I told her he’d passed she looked to the sky and then locked narrowed eyes with me and said that I really didn’t need to tell her that for 20 years. Asked her if she would have thought he was at the supermarket all that time figuring out my shopping list and she hugged me tight. We all love/d our crazee grrlie.

Her Ompaah and she were able to FaceTime a few times (no underaged hospital visitors allowed) and that helped all of us to cope better. Apparently she could see his illness better than me. Sometimes you can only see what you want and I guess that was true of me in this instance.
The man’s life views mirrored my own in certain ways and he forbade me telling anyone where he was for the last month of his life. Glad that I ignored him when it came to his younger brother, and best friend since I don’t know how I would have told them of his illness and subsequent passing otherwise. I’ve been able to secure his remains but am still trying to put a COVID-19 acceptable memorial together. Sigh. At this point I’m thinking it should happen on the anniversary of his death.

He was a good man and I miss him.
Thank all of you for your kind thoughts and condolences.

Last edited:
Hello everyone! I can't remember the last time I was on here. Busy, busy my life has been. So if I repeat myself please forgive.

Many condolences to those who have lost loved ones. My son knows a man who passed away due to Covid and a woman whose parents died because of Covid just recently. So far none of my family or friends have had it but our minister does, he says its a light case.

Have I told you that my DS is engaged? They are looking at getting married over the next year to two years. I went with them today to look at wedding venues just to get an idea on how much it would cost. We have a whole day filled with venue appointments tomorrow.

My mom is doing better. She can't move her left side but is more alert and talking some now. My sister and I get Covid tested each week so that we can visit with her. She is in a good facility not far from my home.

It dropped down into the 30's today with rain. Brrrrr!!

Hope all is well with everyone.

Good morning everyone! Dumping down the rain here, and tonite temps will start to drop.

@NYCgrrl , that is a great picture of you and the man. You are beautiful!

@Breezy_Carol Thank you for posting those pictures, that first one caught my eye, and I just sat here and looked at for quite awhile, just wishing I were looking at that gorgeous view! It reminded me of our wedding on the beach at sunrise in Myrtle Beach 20 years ago :)

@Kirby Congratulations on the engagement of your son, how exciting! Glad that your Mom is doing at least a little better, hope she's keeps right on improving!

@Snowysmom --I hope that Jasper is doing better this morning,,sending good wishes for the furry guy to improve.

No plans for the day, the rain is giving me a rather bad headache. Might just watch tv and do nothing else. Have to get thru last nite's Big Brother finale, before I read it somewhere else. Hubby is still asleep, so the house is very quiet. Just myself and the furbabies, who are also all asleep, lol. Maybe I should just go and join them all for a little while. Its still very dark outside at 7 am.

Lily goes to the Dr today, so maybe they will be able to give us some new information, or maybe they can push WVU into giving her an earlier appt. Fingers X'd, still no seizures since last Friday, but something had to have caused them!
Have a nice day all, stay dry if possible!

Catching up here!

@NYCgrrl Have been thinking about you and hoping you’re doing ok after such a profound loss. I understand you didn’t want to say anything here for a while. I was the same way after my mother’s passing. It took a while to want to talk about it. I hope you know we’re here any time you want to talk/if you want to talk. We have certainly missed your posts. :flower3:

@Breezy_Carol Happy Anniversary! Lovely and serene pictures! Thanks for sharing.

@Snowysmom Sending thoughts and prayers for Jasper. Going to PM you.

@apirateslifeforme I always gave coaches a small DD card, like $10, mainly because I didn’t want them to feel they had to reciprocate. Just a little token of appreciation. Even if they don’t like coffee, they have so many other things to choose from. The other thing I sometimes got coaches was a Big Bubba mug (and stuck a candy bar inside), especially for summer sports. They sell them at WalMart for around $10 but they hold a lot of water and what coach doesn’t need a big mug of water? That’s funny about Josh‘s reaction seeing his coach. It actually happened to us in reverse when we were at the funeral home planning my mother’s services. A young man came in related to the owner’s family and recognized my son as his coach! Of all places, right? :laughing:

Hmm, what’s been happening here? Trying to get some things done around the house and getting out a little bit to enjoy what time is left with relatively good weather here. We have a lot of leaves to blow, DS is going to help us. (DH just got over a shoulder injury from yard work in the spring, but it bothered him all summer and he had to ultimately get two steroid shots in it so he could move it without pain again. Ugh.) I had a moving visit with a favorite patient last weekend that left me with a bit of a melancholy mood this week. We’d bonded a couple of months ago but things hadn’t gone like we all hoped they would. I went to visit her on another unit while I was at work and it was hard to keep my emotions in check, but I got through it. I love patient care, but it can be hard sometimes when it hits your heart. I wouldn’t change it for the world, though.

DH and I were on our way out the other day and taking Toto with us when we realized he’d rolled in goose or turkey poop or something. Omg. We thought it was just a small area but it turned out to be a lot, and we had to give him a bath on the spot. :headache: Why do dogs do this? Lol. He smells good now though, and has been cuddling by my legs with the chill in the air which is cozy for both of us. We are considering a puppy, which is big news for us since it’s been several years since we lost our last dog and have been trying to find another since then. This last thing with the dog we wanted being given away to someone else sort of did me in.

Getting windy here today as we are getting the edge of Zeta.

@Kirby, congrats on your son’s engagement. My niece got engaged in August and they are planning a September 2021 wedding. Could only get a Friday venue as all the Saturdays were booked from rescheduled events.

@Pea-n-Me , I have given many an unplanned dog bath due to their stinky activities.

we realized he’d rolled in goose or turkey poop or something

Tis the Season for that, isn't it?! They've been flying in and joining up with the homers around here. I'm not sure when season starts around here, maybe right before Thanksgiving?
Picked up Duke from groomers yesterday and he smells so clean! He had a nice long wander on the farm when we got home, but I had to watch him like a hawk so he didn't try to roll in something and get the fru-fru smell off! Luckily he didn't, but I'm fairly sure it's high on his list of things to do again once he's off for his next wander.
It's a rainy, rainy day here. All day, looking about about 3-4 inches. I hope we don't lose any trees. Perfect day to curl up with a warm blanket and watch a good movie. Unfortunately for me I'm due to run a few errands so I'll be in & out of the car a few times today, glad I brought both a rain jacket & my umbrella w/ me.
I'm not sure what dinner will look like, we (purposefully) grilled more pork chops than we needed for dinner last night, so that we could have them for dinner tonight as well. I think we will have them with a salad. It's easy and today lends itself to something easy. I have a leg of lamb in the freezer and I'm thinking of maybe taking it out for dinner Sunday, but I'm not sure yet.
Have a good morning everyone.

It’s a dreary day on this end and autumn is showing it’s face. No sun and higher than normal winds, so I did my “up the down staircase “ exercise routine instead of going to the park.

Have a few teleconferences and phone calls to complete so that should make for a stuffed brain day. Time to apply for some new schools for DGD.
Be well, all,!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter