Question about renting points

kahudzik

Earning My Ears
I am considering renting a significant amount of points from a member. It is my understanding that the member makes the reservation, then the renter pays a deposit, upon receipt of the deposit the member sends confirmation to the renter, then final balance is paid. Is there any way to check that a reservation made before I send a deposit?

Ask the owner to call or email you with the confirmation number and the telephone number to Member Services. You can then call MS and the CM who answers will confirm that there is a reservation under your name with that confirmation mumber.

Best wishes -

Thanks so much for your answer. I am a first timer when it comes to renting points from a member. I understand that there is some trust involved, and want to take all precautions. :earsboy:

hey when I rent to someone I send them the confirmation before I receive the deposit.

then we both know it is what the person wants.

some people have offered to pay me before hand - but I want them to see the confirmation so I can make any changes NOW.

making changes now is always better than making changes later....

if you have any doubts get a CONTRACT. They can definitely send you that now (or as soon as they have made the reservation)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter